Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Potty!!


Wednesday, Oct. 12th, right before nap today, Natalie told me 'poopoo', so I took her to the potty and I let her sit for a while. She went poopoo in the potty for the first time today!!! Yay!!! That is a huge step in the right direction!!! I haven't really done hard core potty training yet, but I am just getting Meagan and Natalie used to the whole toilet (potty) idea. Since I was in Germany, Natalie has been sitting on the potty every now and then. She has started teeteeing in the potty really good lately. Both her and Meagan are wearing pull-ups now, but they still teetee in those. Last Wednesday, Daddy, the girls and I made a trip to Toys-R-Us to buy a seat for the potty (has Elmo on it, they got to pick it out) and then we also got a little toilet that sings when you teetee in it. They also picked that one out (almost got a duck one that would quack when you teeteed, but convinced the girls this other one was better). Ever since we got those in the bathroom at home, Meagan has been sitting on the actual potty and the little potty, but hasn't used anything yet. She is still having more fun playing, like with the toilet paper and flushing the toilet. I really think that seeing some other kids at school use the potty, got the girls more interested in it. Natalie has actually used teetee in the potty at school once before and both of them yesterday at least sat on the potty at school. We are making our way to potty training. I will probably let me pick out their first big girl underwear to, some time soon. I am so proud of my girls, they are really growing up!

No comments:

Post a Comment