Thursday, February 13, 2014

Trip to Austin for Tara and Rodney's Wedding

Thursday, Feb. 6th, I took the girls to school a little late because the roads we iced over again this morning.  We have had such a cold winter this year!  Daddy even stayed home all morning.  I went shopping at the mall for the wedding this weekend.  Then I headed home and ate lunch with Daddy.  Then it was time to go get the girls from school.  When we got home, we played board games, we colored and played video games.  All sorts of things to keep busy during this cold weather.  We have been able to use the fireplace a lot this winter.  When Daddy came home, we all ate dinner together. (Julie had baby Jordyn today, yay!!)
Friday, I started packing for Austin and cleaning the house.  Alicia brought Andrew over and then she headed out to go see Julie, Aaron and new baby Jordyn in the hospital.  I played with the girls and Andrew in the playroom.  When Alicia came back, she brought us all some lunch from Chick-fil-a.  Right after I ate, I headed out and I got to see Julie, Aaron and new baby, Jordyn.  She was beautiful, looks just like Addison.  Then I came back home and visited with Alicia a little bit and then they headed out.  I finished packing for the weekend and then Daddy came home.  We hit the road toward Austin, we stopped in Elgin to eat BBQ.  Then we continued on our way.  We stayed at the Double Tree Downtown, right by the capitol.  The girls were so funny tonight, I was crying I was laughing so hard.  They were dancing in the bathtub.  We all then went to sleep.













Saturday, we all got ready and then we drove to The Thinkery Austin Children's Museum.  Aunt Tara and Uncle Jason were behind us parking.  We walked in with them and then we met up with Kacey, Eric, Evan and Harper.  We went outside to have the kids play together.  Then we went back in and we met up with Shannon, Tina, Easton and Jackson.  And a little bit later, Jenny and Jolee.  It was good to see everyone.  It was hard to talk there because there were so many people and so much for the kids to do, they wanted to go everywhere.  We stayed there for about two hours or so.  The kids all got to play in the water and got soaked, lol.  There were a lot of neat rooms.  I'm so happy we came here!!  Then it was time to leave.  We walked back to the truck with Shannon, Tara and Jason.  We told them bye and then headed to eat lunch nearby at a WhichWich.  It was just Daddy, the girls and I and we had a good time.  The weather was so nice today!!  We headed to the hotel to rest and get ready for the wedding.  We rode in the hotel shuttle with some of Tara's family.  The wedding was at the UT Alumni Center.  We said hi to everyone.  Harry, Tara, Halle, Champ, Anne and Jerry were there to.  The girls did great during the ceremony.  Tara looked beautiful.  Great ceremony.  Then we all went into the reception area and had a key to tell us what table to sit at.  We sat with Courtney, Ian, Brian, Jenny and Trey (Melani was taking care of baby Q).  The food was excellent and girls were so ready to dance and have cake, but they had to wait for a little bit.  As soon as the dance floor opened up, they were ready to dance.  Meagan was dancing with everyone, Natalie mostly dancing by herself and break dancing, lol.  Meagan's favorite dance partner was Brian (that is what she said, probably because he tossed her in the air).  They were having a great time!  Then it was time for the cake.  The girls ate that up and some cookies to.  Then we did some more dancing.  It was almost time to go and Meagan was on the dance floor, on the ground and I accidentally stepped on her finger.  I felt so bad!!!  It was okay though!!  Daddy, the girls and I rode the shuttle back to the hotel and we got the girls ready for bed.  It was late.  We had a great time with Tara's family and Rodney's family to.  Daddy still hung out tonight with Doc, Trey, Brian, etc.

Sunday, I had to pack everything up and get it all situated.  Then it was time to leave.  We ran into all of Tara's family in the lobby, so we got to say goodbye to everyone.  That was nice.  We loaded up the truck and then it was time to meet up with my family in Austin at El Gallo Mexican restaurant.  We met up with Opie, Kenny, Tara, Jason, Opa, Oma, Teresa, Omie, Sandra and Dennis.  It was a good group.  We were celebrating Sandra's birthday and my birthday!!  We had such a fun time talking.  Wish I could see them more!!  Sandra and I each got presents and a sopapilla with a candle.  Funnest thing happened when I took the girls to the restroom before we were leaving, we walked in and you can see shoes under the stall and Natalie asked if it was a boy or girl in there and I just assumed a girl, but it was Opie.  He had gone into the wrong restroom.  It was so funny.  There was a big Minnie Mouse on the outside of the door and everything.  It gave everyone a good laugh!  We all stood in the parking lot talking before we all said bye.  Great times!!  Daddy, the girls and I headed back home only stopping once for the restroom.  We got home and unpacked.  We played outside for a little bit because the weather was nice.  We practiced T-Ball and soccer.  Then I fed them some dinner and then took them to Awana.  While they were there, Daddy and I ate dinner.  We both went to pick them up and they both got their Apple Stickers.  We came home and got ready for bed.
Monday, I straightened the house this morning and then Marcia and Kim came over to clean.  They are so nice.  Always good to talk to them.  The girls and I left and we met up with Alicia and Andrew at Cheddar's for lunch.  Natalie was being a little bad, but it was still a good lunch with great company.  Then we headed to Target to look around for Valentine's for school.  We stayed at Target for a long time.  Then we ran some errands and we came home to a nice clean home!!  I had the girls write their names on each of the Valentine's.  Meagan picked Hello Kitty Valentine's and Natalie picked Scratch and Sniff Valentine's.  We put them into bags with a bunch of Hersey Kisses.  It was yucky outside today, so we watched a couple of movies we just bought, 'How to Train a Dragon' and 'The Little Mermaid Part 2'.  Then Daddy came home and we ate dinner and he played video games with them.
Tuesday, still cold outside!!  I took the girls to school and as soon as I came back home, I laid back down in bed and went to sleep.  Daddy was still asleep to, but he got up and did some work.  I laid down until a little after 12pm.  I was so tired.  We had some plumbers come by to look at our water flow to our refrigerator and they fixed it.  Then it was time for me to get the girls.  We came home and the girls played some games.  Daddy went to the grocery store and when he got back, he made some Tacos for dinner.  Meagan actually ate it.  It was so cute watching her eat a taco!!  She finished it all.  They were good Tacos.  Natalie took a little tiny bite, but said she didn't like it of course, but she has been trying some new things lately, like lettuce and tomatoes and liking it.  Girls are growing up!! :)  We had a good family afternoon and night.
Wednesday, I took the girls to gymnastics and I talked to Aaron, Julie's husband.  He said Julie and baby are doing good!  The kids had a good time in class and at the end of class they played 'Red Light, Green Light' and even got a Valentine.  We then met up with Joanna, Haven and Harrison, Alicia and Andrew, Jill, Ally and Drew at Chick-fil-a to play for a little bit.  Then we told them bye and we drove to Navasota to Daddy's office and said hi to everyone.  Then we went to eat at Carrie's Restaurant with him and LaLa.  It was fun to do that again.  I love going to eat with them during the week.  We then came home and we played and watched TV.  Then I took the girls to choir and Alicia and I sat in the room this time because Natalie didn't want me to leave the room.  She was getting sad about it.  We watched them having fun.  Then we came home after choir and I started making some dinner.  I fed the girls and I ate and then Daddy came home and ate and played for a little bit.  Good week!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment