Tuesday, girls and I played in the morning and I called Omie to wish her a Happy Birthday! Crystal and Caden came over around lunch time for a playdate. Meagan was busy playing with Crystal's cell phone, while Caden and Natalie played together. Natalie loves playing with Caden, she was pouncing on him and crawling after him. It was really cute!! After they played for a little while, we headed over to the mall to eat at Chick-fil-a for lunch. We had fun talking and taking care of the kiddos. We said bye to Crystal and Caden and headed home, so the girls could take a nap. When they woke up, they were in the best moods! We had fun playing and climbing over pillows on the bed and crawling over me. Meagan started to get a little cold and when I was feeding her dinner, she threw up her meal towards the end. I think it was from the congestion she has in her throat and nose. She was fine after she did it!! And luckily she did it all on her tray on her high chair. I took a picture of it, so Matt could see it, ha!! Today Meagan stood up on her own, not using anything and then sat back down. She has great balance! Daddy came home and played for a little bit and then we put them to bed.
Wednesday, today we just played at home all day and I of course took pictures! Natalie is walking much better holding onto my hands and using the walkers, but prefers to us the hands. She loves to play with the clock on a house play toy. She will move the clock hands, so it plays music and then she will dance to it! Too cute! Meagan does have a little cold! Taking care of that! Both girls love to play together and explore. They love to play in the kitchen together and open some cabinets. There are two in our kitchen that aren't baby proofed and they love to open and shut them and then take some things out of them.
Saturday, (The Girls First Birthday Party Day), Oma and Opa got the girls up, while I got dressed for the party today. I went and picked up pictures and the girls individual watermelon cakes from a friend in my twins group! Daddy, the girls and I headed to Grandma's house to help set up for the party, while Oma and Opa went to Best Buy and Party City for a video camera and balloons for the party. When we got to Grandma's, we helped with sandwiches and fruit and other goodies. Aunt Tara and Jason showed up, which was great because it helped entertain the girls while I helped set things up with Daddy, Celeste, Terrell and Grandma. We all did an awesome job, it looked great!! Aunt Tara and Jason fed the girls their lunch and then played with them. We put them down for their nap. Once they were down, Oma and Opa showed up with the balloons, Tara and Jason brought some watermelon with them earlier. Kelly showed up a little later and then the girls woke up. We got the girls dressed in their watermelon dresses and it was perfect timing when they woke up because it was almost 2 o'clock, time for the party to start. The first ones to arrive were, Shannon, Tina, Easton, Vance, Chelsy and Rihana. It was good to see them! Then we had Bill, Margie, Morgan and Allison. We all starting eating the Chicken Salad Sandwiches, pimento cheese and turkey and cheese sandwiches, salad, grapes, strawberries, chips and dip, etc. It was all really good! Natalie was having fun with everyone, playing with the balloons and everything, while Meagan was a little unsure at first, so she either wanted to be with me or Daddy. Daddy got Meagan to take a couple of steps toward him though, while everyone watched! We took the girls outside to take some family pictures and then Daddy and I put them into their big birthday present, a Jump-N-Slide that was from Oma, Opa and Grandma! I got in it with them to!! It was nice!! By the way, the weather outside was beautiful, it was definitely hot, but the sun was out!! While we were in there, Lisa and her mom and sister showed up. :) And then a little bit later, Omie, Opie, Cindy and Richard showed up. Next guests were Granny and Great-Uncle Dan. Just about everyone was there, so we decided to go ahead and let the girls have fun with their cake! We all sang Happy Birthday to them and Daddy and I blew out their Number 1 candle. Then we helped them dive in. They did a pretty good job on getting messy. Natalie even fed me a piece of her cake! We had to clean off Natalie first because she got some in her eyes. We just hosed her off (easiest way to do it, ha)! Meagan was still enjoying her cake and Jason fed her some ice cream, while Natalie tried some ice cream from Lisa's mom. While I was helping Natalie get her swim suit on, Meagan was getting hosed off as well! :) We got both their swimsuits on and joined everyone else again. Kenny, Teresa, Sarah and Shane got there. I was so happy they brought Shane along, we hadn't met him yet! Opa starting cutting the watermelon for everyone to eat and I eat a slice. Then I went ahead and started opening the gifts for the girls outside, while Daddy held Meagan and Natalie was with Oma. The gifts were so nice. They got tons of beautiful clothes, books, toys, musical toys, stuffed animals and their first charm bracelets. They also got their names decorated and framed. Beautiful!! After we were done opening gifts, we hung up the watermelon pinata. Girls are too young for it, but they got their picture taken by it and then Opie helped Cade hit the pinata with the bat. They broke the rope and then they hit the pinata together and made a hole for the candy. Cade was happy to get some candy!! After the pinata, it was time to go swimming!! We were so hot all day!! The girls and Cade had fun with the grown ups in the swimming pool. Easton even got to get in the little pool (his first time). I put the girls in there with him for a little bit! Everyone started heading out, so we said bye to everyone! It was such a great party!! Everything worked out great!! I am so thankful for all the help I got to help make it run smoothly!!! :) The girls ended up doing great with everyone that held them, they are so sweet! They both had runny noses through the whole day, but they were okay. They were so exhausted!! Oma and Opa followed us home and Oma gave them a bath and we all helped to get them to bed. After they were down, the Daddy and I drove to Whataburger to get everyone some dinner, we ate late because we didn't have time for dinner. We got home and ate and we all went through the presents to see what the girls got again. We watched the video Opa took on his new video camera, it was cute. Cleaned up a little and then went to sleep!!
Sunday, Oma and Opa got them up and fed. Oma fed them yogurt for the first time, she said they thought it was okay. We all played with the girls and then Oma watched the girls with Daddy, while Opa went shopping and I was in their room sorting clothes that are too small now. Opa brought us lunch from Ninfa's to eat. Oma and Opa got to play with the girls a little more and then it was their nap time, so Oma rocked Meagan to sleep and then tried rocking Natalie to sleep, but it didn't work, so we just put her in her crib to sleep. Oma and Opa headed out to go back home (it was so good to visit with them). Daddy went to work and I worked with the birthday pictures on the computer. Both girls took long naps. Meagan woke up first, so I gave her a bottle and then we got to play chase while she walked with the walker. I would chase her and she would use the walker to get away. I finally woke up Natalie and gave her a bottle while I held her and then Daddy came back home. We played for a little while. We all drove to IHOP together and had dinner. When we got back home, we got them ready for bed! What a great week and weekend!!! Can't believe my girls will be ONE this coming Wednesday!!! Went by so fast!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment