Monday, July 5, 2010

First 4th of July!

Monday, June 28th, played in the morning. Natalie is still really interested in learning to walk by holding onto our fingers. Meagan, this morning, kept doing this mischievous smile and then she kept picking at Natalie, like pulling her hair and just kind of being mean to her. I don't know what was going on there. After the girls woke up from their nap, I found Natalie standing in her crib. I was so excited!! And then when we were playing, she stood up using one of our diningroom chairs. She is practicing and getting better and better. When Daddy got home, he got to play with them and helped get them ready for bed. Meagan stands by herself when we let go of her hands. She reaches her hands high, smiles and does a little laugh and then plops her bottom on the floor. We did it one time tonight and she took one step forward and then plopped. Meagan continues to go in a circle on the floor when you say 'Circle Circle Circle'. Too cute.
Tuesday, 50 weeks old today, the girls and I played with their toys on the floor and had fun. Pretty soon after Daddy left for work this morning, I was paying attention to Natalie because she was a little winy, so I was on my way to get her a teething toy from the freezer and then all of a sudden, Meagan misstepped by the TV stand and hit her chin on one of the glass things and her lip started bleeding. I was impressed with myself because I got her and got a washcloth and put a little pressure on it and then I got a baggy and and put some ice in it and held Meagan in the recliner and put the ice on it. She was a good sport, she liked the ice. Pretty soon after that she was bad to normal. After I got her set up, then I was able to get Natalie her teething toy. It is kind of hard to take care of both girls when one of them has hurt themselves. But it can be done!! :) So this is probably the first of many times that Meagan will get hurt! We all played some more and I even stacked some pillows from the couch on the floor, so they could have fun climbing over them. They liked it! Their favorite show to watch on TV is Super Why, so we watched that before lunch. The rest of the day we played and I even cooked dinner tonight when Daddy got back home.
Wednesday, played at home all day today. I helped both girls with their walking skills. They just hold onto my hands and lead the way! This morning, Meagan, without even thinking about it, went from the recliner (letting go and taking two steps) to the couch. She didn't even know she did it! :) Meagan stills loves to make spit bubbles and noises. Natalie even likes to make fart nosies with her mouth and sometimes puts her lips to my leg and makes those noises to. Natalie also has started repeating sneezes that we do, so we play a little game with her. We fake sneeze and she repeats us. So cute!! She still does it with burps, but not as much! When Daddy got home today, we all four went to the mall to eat at Chucky Cheese. It was their first time there! The puppet they had on stage, I just knew Meagan was not going to like him and of course Natalie loved it! She smiled right away and Meagan got her cry face right away. Natalie liked riding the little horse rides that they had, but Meagan not so much. When they get older, I know that Natalie and I will be on the roller coaster rides at theme parks and Daddy and Meagan will be the ones in the gamerooms. We took sketched pictures with the girls also. We ran an errand to Sam's and then we came home. What a great time we had!
Thursday, July 1st, my friend, Kelly, brought her girls, Lexie and Kalle, over to play with the girls. We got to talk while all the girls played with the toys. We had a good time! They had to head out. Daddy slept in today, so he went to work around lunch time. Meagan was talking tons today, saying AHHHHH all day long, pretty much screaming. It was fun! I did the laundry today and hung out with the girls at home. I took a nap when they did! :) Before Daddy got home, he bought some groceries, so when he got home I made us Pigs-n-blankets, yum!
Friday, stayed home again all day with the girls. I didn't even dress them today, they were just in their diapers all day! :) I didn't sleep that well last night, I started getting an itchy throat. So I tried to take a nap when the girls did, but didn't work out very well. We played with their toys and when Daddy got home, he made dinner for him and me.
Saturday, we played at home in the morning. I even cut some of Meagan's bangs because they kept getting in her eyes. We loaded up the girls and went to Super Wal-Mart to shop for some groceries. Then we went to Grandma's house (she was out of town visiting Aunt Terrell), and we had some friends over to celebrate 4th of July weekend! Gus and Kourtney came over first and then Tim, Erin, Trace and Molly came over to swim. We all swam while it was raining! Natalie and Meagan love to swim so much!! We had fun! We had hot dogs to eat and other goodies. Tim and his family headed out and then Clay, Amberly, Mason and Camden came over for a little while also. They ate and also brought us chocolate covered strawberries, yummy!! It was so good to visit with everyone! It went by fast! Kourtney came and went throughout the day because she was planning a concert for the city. So when Clay's family left, Daddy, the girls and I all went to the concert to see Jody Booth play. He was pretty good. It was the girls first Texas Country Music concert. Daddy had Meagan most of the time, she was tired laying in his arms. I had Natalie and we practiced walking and we danced. We only stayed for about 45 mins., and then I took the girls back to Grandma's house and got them ready for bed. Daddy stayed at the concert with Gus and Kourtney. When the concert was over with Gus, Daddy and Kourtney came back to the house and we got in the pool and swam. Good times!



Sunday, July 4th, I got the girls up and fed and we played with some toys that Grandma had at her house. While I was getting ready to go to the parade, Daddy was watching the girls, and all of a sudden they decided that they wanted to be grouchy. Daddy and I both got them dressed to go see the parade in town and we even put shoes on them. They both kept wanting to take the shoes off, but we left them on. Once they were in the car, they forgot about them. We went to Daddy's office to wait for the parade and we met some nice older people that knew Daddy's family. Jenni and Rad also came by to say hi and meet the girls for the first time!! It was good to see them!! We watched the girls first parade and it serious was done in about 45 seconds. It was a pretty short parade. We saw Tim, Erin and their family and said hi. Then Daddy and I took the girls by the City center to see what was going on there. Said hi to Candy and took a picture with her twin boys. Also said hi to Jeb and Shelby and Tim and Erin again. All the activities were for older children, so we headed back to Grandma's so the girls could take a nap, plus it was so hot there. While the girls napped, I hung out with Gus and Kourtney in the pool. Once they headed out, I went inside and saw that Meagan was awake, so I dressed her in her swimsuit and we went swimming for a little bit and splashed the water. Came back in and got changed. Natalie then woke up, so we got everything cleaned up at Grandma's house and then headed over to Tim and Erin's place. They have such a neat place to live! Gus took me around the old building, it was huge! We headed back home and played with the girls! They were happy to be home, we could tell! They love just staying at home and playing with their toys! Got them ready for bed! They had a great first 4th of July! Today and yesterday, Natalie has really started pulling up and down really good and starting to do it a lot more. She is getting really good at cruising the furniture as well. Meagan is standing so good, but she likes to sit down right away most times. Natalie hardly ever wants to sit anymore. She is determined to walk!! I have noticed that Meagan will dump toys out on the floor, but then she will put some of the blocks or toys back in and then dump it out again. Meagan also throws all of her animals out of her crib because she likes to watch them drop. Natalie has a pretty big gap between her two front teeth, just like Meagan. Both girls, at Grandma's today, after they finished their bottles on her little couch, knew how to get down off the couch. I was of course right there to catch them just in case and I had big pillows on the floor, but it surprised me that they knew how to do it! They are growing up!! I'm excited, they have their party next weekend with the family!! It should be a lot of fun!!!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment