Wednesday, August 6, 2014

Our Time In Maui And Headed Back Home!





Thursday, June 12th, we got up and finished packing.  Then we met everyone in the lobby to get breakfast at Starbuck's.  We ate there and then we walked to the Great Lawn to wait on our shuttle to the airport.  They were a little late, but it ended up being okay.  We got to the Oahu airport on time.  We said bye to Oahu and flew on Hawaiian Airlines and we landed in Maui.  Such a short flight, it was nice.  We got our luggage and then we got our rental cars.  Tara and Jason got a jeep and Daddy, Oma, Opa, the girls and I got a Tahoe.  We stopped at a place called 'Leoda's' to eat lunch.  It was a cute restaurant and had good burgers and pies.  We shopped right next door and bought a couple of things.  Then we headed to our hotel called 'The Westin Maui Resort & Spa'.  It was beautiful and the lobby was cool because it was in the open and there was waterfalls and pink flamingos.  We got there before check in, so we had to wait for a little bit for our rooms.  Tara and Jason got their room first and the rest of us waited in the lobby.  About 30 mins. later Oma and Opa got their room, so the girls went to their room with them.  Daddy and I waited probably another 30 mins. and then got our room, which was about two rooms away from Oma and Opa's room.  We had a nice view of the ocean, but also the lower roof, but still beautiful.  We relaxed just a little bit and then we put on our bathing suits and we all met up at the pool.  We all got into the pool together at some point.  Daddy, Meagan, Natalie and I found a neat hideaway spot to a separate pool.  Then the girls got to watch as I went down the water slide and then Opa and then Daddy.  The girls thought it was so funny!!  We enjoyed our evening at the pool and got to watch the sunset on the beach.  We went to the beach and the water was super rough, so we kept a close eye on the girls and made sure they held someones hand.  We hung out at the pool a little longer and then we got ready for dinner.  Tara and Jason decided to stay in and have room service, while the rest of us walked to Whaler's Village and we all ate at Hula Grill.  Natalie really didn't eat, she pretty much fell asleep at the table, so after Daddy was done eating, he carried Natalie back to the hotel room.  Meagan, Oma, Opa and I walked back together on the walkway by the beach.  Fun day!!











Friday, we all got up at 7am and we all met at the restaurant at the hotel to eat breakfast.  After breakfast, we walked to our cars and we followed each other to start our destination to Road to Hana (a famous road in Maui).  We drove through Pa'ia and then we stopped at a place on a cliff called Ho'okipa Beach Park and we took some pictures with the water splashing on the rocks.  Pretty!  Then we kept driving and we stopped at Twin Falls where there were two waterfalls.  We saw the first one and then decided to keep walking until we saw the second one.  We had to walk on stones, which hurt our feet to walk on pretty bad, but we did it.  Opa and Oma didn't, they stayed back.  I was very impressed by Natalie, she just kept saying one step at a time!!  We took pictures by the water fall and then we walked back.  I decide to scoot back, which helped a lot!!  Then we had to hike back to the cars, which I liked this part because we got to see more plants in Maui and it was just neat to do!!  Once back in the cars we kept driving looking at the beautiful scenery.  We then stopped at a place called 'Halfway to Hana' and we got a sno cone, drinks, and banana bread.  Our next stop, we all used the restroom and we thought we were going to eat fish tacos, but it was closed, so we just kept driving.  We then stopped at a black sand beach at Waianapanapa State Park.  We just walked on the sand and felt the water.  We really didn't want to get in the water because some people were getting stung by jellyfish.  We found a neat little cave to!!  We stayed there for a little bit and then we headed out to the cars and we drove to Hana.  There we just turned around and headed back to our hotel.  We stopped at a look out along the way and to use the restroom.  We fed the girls some snacks along the way and they both fell asleep on the way back to the hotel.  It was a long drive and a lot of driving today.  We carried them back to the hotel rooms and we ordered food from the bar by the lobby.  We had a long day, but it was fun!!













Saturday, we all met up again for breakfast at the hotel restaurant.  Breakfast was always fun because it gave us a chance to talk with family!!  After breakfast, Meagan wanted to feed the fish and then the girls wanted to talk to the parrots in their cages.  Today, Opa, Jason and Daddy went fishing for about four to five hours.  While they were doing that, all the girls went shopping at Whalers Village.  It was fun, we found a lot of neat things there.  Then we ate lunch at Hula Grill and had the beautiful ocean to look at while we ate!  We then went back to the hotel and dropped off our things.  Then we drove to a nearby mall called Lahaina Cannery Mall.  There we saw some little girls doing the Hula Dance and the girls enjoyed watching that.  I brought some more luggage and the girls got Halo, an angel bear beanie boo.  We found a neat store called 'Banana Wind'.  We found some neat things in there.  Then we got back into the car and we went back to the hotel.  We rested for a little bit and the guys came back from their fishing trip.  They said they didn't catch anything, but that the boat ride was fun!!  We all then all met up at the pool and swam a little bit again.  The girls did the little waterslide over and over again.  After the pool, we headed to the beach and played in that again.  We were all finding a bunch of coral.  Water was still really rough.  Meagan got taken under a little bit, but Daddy grabbed her right away.  She was fine!  Natalie was acting like she was surfing.  Fun times!!  Then we watched someone get married and then we all went up to our rooms and got dressed.  We took some family sunset pictures with the beach in the background.  Then we walked to the Whaler's Village and we found a place to eat dinner.  It was called 'Maui Fish and Pasta'.  I enjoyed my meal there!!  After our meal, we all walked along the beach walkway and headed back to our hotel rooms.  Great times!!  This was our last night in Maui!! 





Sunday, I started packing up a little before breakfast.  Daddy just got him and the girls something to eat, so they could eat on the balcony in the room.  We had one breakfast ticket left, so I used it.  I hadn't had the buffet yet.  I met up with Oma and Opa, Tara and Jason downstairs for breakfast.  This morning I had just found from Alicia on Voxer that they were going to be moving back to San Antonio!!  I cried, I was sad!!  I told Oma and Tara about it and cried again.  I enjoyed breakfast with them, it is Father's Day today, so I wished Opa a happy father's day!!  After breakfast, I came back to the hotel room and we gave Daddy his father's day cards.  I had to start packing and repacking everything!!  It took all morning, it was crazy!!  Oma watched the girls, so I could do that!!  Finally got that done and then we were ready to do something for the day.  It took a while, but we just decided to check out and put our luggage in our cars, so we wouldn't have to take time to come back to the hotel, which ended up being a great idea!!  I got to ride in the jeep with Tara and Jason and the rest were in the Tahoe.  We drove more North to Honokhau Bay to an over look and we took some pictures.  Then we drove by Napili Bay and just drove by and then drove by the Ritz Carlton, which was really nice, nice golf course there.  Then we drove South to the Lahaina area and we found a place to park.  Then we found a place to eat a late lunch at called Kimo's.  They had a band playing old music and we had a great view of the water.  We were all so hungry, so we ate good to.  Fun lunch!!  Then we walked around and looked in the different shops there.  This was the best shop area!!  We even saw and walked under the largest tree in the United States and it was called the Banyan Tree.  It was right by the old court house!  Pretty cool!!  We walked around a little more and then we stopped to have snocones at Ululani's and they were the best snocones I have ever had!!  So yummy!!!  After we were done eating there, we saw a beautiful rainbow!!  So we got to see a rainbow the first day we got to Hawaii and the last day we are here!!  So happy!!  We took a lot of pictures with the rainbow.  We shopped a little more and got some watercolor pictures and then we all loaded up in the cars and we drove to the airport, but along the way we stopped to take a couple more pictures!!  Daddy dropped Oma, the girls and I off at the airport and then he returned the car.  Tara, Jason and Opa met up with us at bag check.  We all went into the airport and we ate dinner at a restaurant there because we were about to take a five hour flight back to LA.  Natalie slept the whole flight sitting by Oma and Opa and Meagan slept some sitting by Daddy and I, but got up to watch a movie.  That flight was our night, but it was morning when we got to LA.  So we pretty much didn't get any sleep.  We just made it for our flight from LA to Austin.  That flight wasn't bad at all, Natalie sat by me and Meagan by Daddy!  I will now go into Monday because it is now Monday!  Daddy and Opa had a great Father's Day in Hawaii!!

Monday, we landed safely in Austin and it was 1pm in the afternoon in Texas.  We all got our luggage and then we hugged Tara and Jason bye!!  Oma and Opa, Daddy, the girls and I rode the shuttle to our truck.  Once we loaded up, we drove Oma and Opa to their car at the hotel.  We all gave them hugs and thanked them for such an awesome trip!!!  We love them so much!!  I drove the truck and we made a pitstop at Buccee's, Meagan was sleeping, so just Natalie and I went in to use the restroom and get some snacks and lunch.  I got Natalie a book to share with Meagan.  Then we drove a little more to the Whoop Stop and I got Meagan out with Natalie this time.  They went potty and then we continued our drive home and Daddy and the girls slept a little while.  We made it home safely and unloaded everything.  We took showers and got clean and then LaLa came over and brought us some groceries which was awesome.  We talked about our trip and Daddy made dinner and we all ate together.  It is good to be back home and visiting with LaLa.  It was such a fun trip!!  I was so tired tonight, but the girls were wide awake, so I didn't want to go to sleep until they were.  Finally had to get Daddy up to help me!!  Then they went to sleep for him!!

Tuesday, Daddy slept in a little bit, but the girls and I slept in until about noon!!!  We were tired!!  And still on Hawaii time, lol!!  I did laundry all day and we went to get groceries today!!  We were home the rest of the day relaxing!!  The girls did start swimming lessons this evening and they did great on the first day!  Daddy even got to come and watch them!!  They are in the same class!  Fun!  Girls went to sleep late again, just can't get back into our time!!



Wednesday, I took the girls to Superhero Class and I got to catch up with Alicia!!  Joanna wasn't there today, boo!!!  It was good to see her and talk about all that has been going on in her life and mine!  Andrew wanted to leave class because something happened, so they left early.  Julie ended up coming to Powersports because she thought her girls had class, but turns out they didn't, but we got to visit, which was nice!!  The girls class ended and we talked to them some more and then we headed out.  I took the girls to the library and they were having an art fair, so we did some art projects and then we looked at books and read.  I didn't have my wallet with me, so we left our books there to come back later to get them.  We came home and then I ran some errands and we got our library books.  Then we met up with Alicia and Andrew at Willie's.  I let the girls have a milk shake for a snack, while Andrew and Alicia ate.  The kids got to play in the sand, while we visited.  Then we came home and got ready for swimming lessons.  I took the girls to their lessons and Daddy met us there.  After lessons, we dressed the girls and then we drove to Double Dave's to meet up with cousin Chris to visit and eat dinner.  It was good to catch up with him and see what he has been up to!  We stayed there until 9pm and then we told him bye!!  Then we came home and we got the girls ready for bed.  Good day!

No comments:

Post a Comment