Girls at the old house
Aunt Tara, Mommy, Daddy, Grandma and the girlsLet's see... October 3rd weekend, we just relaxed around the house with Oma and Opa Saturday afternoon and we did the same on Sunday and Grandma came over that day. Monday night I went to my twins meeting and had a great time talking about the girls. I love having my girls to talk about!!! Tuesday they turned 12 weeks old!! They are getting big!! Tuesday afternoon, I drove up to Grandma's old house to meet Daddy, his friend, Thad and Grandma. We took some pictures around the old house. It was fun, but really hot and humid. That night Daddy and Thad went to the Ducks Unlimited Banquet, so Mommy and Grandma got to watch the girls. We went out to eat at The Wrangler. That was the first time the girls had been in an actual restaurant (besides a burger place we went to before). We also all spent the night at Grandma's house. Grandma said she wanted to take care of the girls during the night, so I slept upstairs and got some sleep. She said they did a great job. They woke up a couple of times, but not too bad!
I just wanted to note something that the girls like to do when it is bed time. They both like to bury their heads into Mommy and Daddy's arms. They are so sweet!! Another thing new are the spit bubbles. Natalie started doing them first and now Meagan has started doing them. Guess they will have to start wearing bibs pretty soon! :)
Thursday, my cousin, Rihana, came by that afternoon and cooked Daddy and I some tacos. It was really good and so nice of her to come visit. She got to send some time with the girls and even helped bath them. She fed Meagan her 9pm bottle, but it was hard because she was pretty much out, so we kept tickling Meagan, but nothing really worked. Rihana thought it was really funny!! Meagan did drink her bottle though!! :) Friday afternoon just the four of us (Daddy, Mommy, Natalie and Meagan) hung out. That was nice! Saturday morning, Grandma came over to watch the girls while Daddy and I went with Great Grandpa to the Aggie Football game. The game was pretty good, but we lost, so that part sinks. We also sat with Great Aunt Margie and Uncle Bill and Daddy's friend, Byron. Came home after the game and Daddy and I just hung out with the girls again. My Aunt Sandra and cousin Rihana came by to hold the girls for a little bit. Good day!! Sunday morning, Daddy, Mommy and girls headed to Grandma's house and picked her up. We headed to Chappell Hill to go to the Scarecrow Festival. This was Meagan and Natalie's first festival! We meet Aunt Tara and her friend, Jenny, there. We had a great time walking around taking pictures and looking at all the neat crafts. Natalie and Meagan even got to see their first petting zoo. We didn't go in, but they loved looking at the animals. There were even some baby pigs there, they were too cute! The weather was a little chilly, but we had the girls all wrapped up. Everyone keep looking at our girls saying "Awww, look at the twins." That is what people say everywhere we go. Too funny! I even ran into a girl I knew there from my twins group. It started to ran a little, so Daddy and I rushed to the car and got them in. Grandma, Tara and Jenny came and we loaded everything else. Tara and Jenny followed us to a Chili's in Brenham and we ate lunch there. This was the first time I had to change diapers on the girls in a restaurant bathroom on one of those pull down things. We wiped it down with saniter and put a pad down. I changed Meagan and Tara changed Natalie. It was an experience, it was a tiny bathroom!!! After we ate, we said bye to Tara and Jenny and then we headed back toward home! I am just loving being a mommy, looking forward to all the fun things I will get to do with the girls!!!
Sounds like y'all have had a super great time!! Busy busy busy. Love reading the blog. Thanks for taking the time to write it!!!
ReplyDeleteThe girls are getting so big!!! Wish I would have made it out to Chappell Hill on Saturday it would have been neat to run into y'all. The joys of public restrooms, what an experience, HA.
ReplyDeleteWhat a joy my granddaughters are. Meagan loves her big sister Natalie so much. She stares at her and just smiles. Natalie is so busy analyzing the rest of the world. She contemplates everything so intensly. Meagan is to busy squirming and trying to fly away. Their little personalities are already so evident! They smiled so big at the huge scarecrow faces and really,really were amazed at the petting zoo. Next year there will be two little girls terrorizing the goats and pigs and chickens and ducks! It was a wonderful day.
ReplyDeleteGrandma