Sunday, December 20, 2009

Rolling Over!! Yay!!

Monday, Dec. 14th, the girls turned 5 months old!! They are getting so big!! I'm guessing that they know they are getting older because as soon as they turned 5 months they started rolling from their back to their stomach. They don't really roll from their stomach to their back very often, only like once or twice. I would say Natalie rolls over more than Meagan does. Meagan is still to interested in her legs and feet and trying to get them in her mouth. :) The weather was still too cold to do anything outside, so we hung out all day indoors. It was our second day to have rice cereal and we still did a great job with it! I still made it really runny!!


Tuesday, I got the tunnel out for them to play in. It is a thing they can lie in and look around at different animals inside, they were amazed the first time I put them in it. Of course both girls rolled to their tummies inside of it. :) I also made their rice cereal thicker today and I liked it better that way, it was definitely less messy and they seemed to like it too. Meagan really likes to eat it now, she gets anxious waiting for it. Natalie thinks it is more like a game, she plays with it in her mouth a little and then gives me a smile.


Wednesday, Meagan started reaching for higher up objects in her jumperoo and pulling the objects to make the music go!! She is a curious little kitten. Natalie is too, but I think Meagan is just a little more curious. My cousin, Rihana, came over and she rode with the girls and I to Chicken Express. I was picking up food for a lady that just had twins in my twins group. We rode to her house and then back home. She played with the girls for a little while and then headed out. Daddy came home a little later and we all played together.


Thursday, both girls are reaching for objects in different places now. Both are switching an object from one hand to the other. Natalie makes a frustrated sound when she can't do something she wants. For example, she has this star toy that she tries to pull apart, but she can't, so as she is doing it she grunts!! She also does it when she rolls to her stomach and then can't roll back to her back. She is goofy! Daddy came home early today, so I could go to my doctor's appointment, so they got some Daddy time.


Friday, they just keep getting better and better at rolling. They only do it once, they don't keep rolling over and over again yet, but I'm sure with as much learning that they want to do, it will come soon. When I put Natalie in her crib for nap time, she automatically rolls from her back to her stomach and then she whines about it.


Saturday, after I fed them their morning bottle, all four of us headed to Galveston for a day trip. This was their first time to Galveston!! When we got into town, we drove to my old neighborhood and we took a picture by my old house. The mosquitoes were bad, so we couldn't stay very long! :( Then we went down the road to the beach! It was the first time they saw the ocean! We found some seashells for them to keep! Then we headed to Trisha and Scott's house. It was the first time for Trisha, Scott, Luke and Logan to meet the girls. Trisha's parents came over later with Trey's (Trisha's brother) little girls. Meagan and Natalie got to play with their new friends. It was fun! Trey and his wife, Kelly, came and got their kids and then Trisha's parents left, so we ate lunch and hung out with Trisha and her cute family. It was good catching up! Later on in the afternoon, my friend, Arica and her boyfriend, Wes, stopped by to meet the girls also. We visited with them and then we headed back toward home. It was so good to go back to Galveston. I miss it and all the friends down there! When we got home, we got the girls ready for bed and then Daddy and I watched a movie!


Sunday, we had a great family day at home and Mommy (I) got some shopping done. Grandma came over for a little while and brought the girls some Christmas books. It is also Daddy's Grandpa's 85th birthday, so we ate with Great Aunt Janet, Great Aunt Margie, Great Uncle Bill, Grandma, Morgan, Allison, Alex and of course Great Grandpa. We ate at Red Lobster. We all had fun!! We had a great week!! Our girls are such joy in our lives, they are so sweet! One thing I forgot to mention is that Meagan does a belly laugh with me while I sing her the ABC's. She just loves it! And Natalie smiles at me when I do it!

1 comment:

  1. I want to see movies of them rolling over and laughing!!!

    ReplyDelete