Saturday, January 16, 2010

Six Months Old!!!!

Monday, Jan. 11th, both girls were still sick and got lots of sleep. They took a really long morning nap! Just took care of them all day, nursing them back to health!
Tuesday, Natalie looked a lot better and they both slept a lot again today. I don't blame them, that is exactly what I like to do when I'm sick. Today was there 26th week birthday to! Even though they are sick, they still love to play and smile!
Wednesday, Meagan was still coughing and stuffy, but Natalie seems to almost be over it except for a little cough every so often.

Thursday, their 6 month birthday (I can't believe they are half way to turning one!!!), we had a doctors visits for their well checkup (even though they have a cold). Our doctor seemed a little concerned about the wheezing sound the girls were making. They had to end of doing their first breathing treatment, which both of them did not like at all! After the breathing treatment they got their 6 month shots and a flu shot (it was like 5 shots, my goodness). They were also weighed and measured. Natalie's weight was 15lbs. 7oz and length 27" and Meagan's weight was 16lbs. 12oz and length 28". Good growing girls! Doctor wrote out prescriptions for us to pick up for the girls, an inhaler, a mask for the inhaler and a steroid type medicine to help with the coughing and wheezing. He said they had a little bit of bronchitis! :( After the appointment, Daddy went to work and I dropped off prescriptions. Came home with the girls and had lunch. I let them rest for a while and then we went to pick up the meds and then drove to another pharmacy to drop off the mask prescription. Came home and played with the girls. I bathed the girls and got them ready for bed by myself because Daddy had a meeting. They both laughed at me at the same time. It was fun!! Gave them their steroid medicine tonight. They took it pretty well.
Friday, was a normal morning and after their morning nap, I took them to get the mask for the inhaler. I grabbed some lunch and headed back home. Fed the girls their rice cereal again today (I had stopped because they had been to congested to eat it). I could tell they missed it. I gave the girls their first inhaler treatments today. They don't like the mask on their face, but the medicine is really helping with their wheezing and breathing. This was a long exhausting day! Meagan whined a bunch this morning, but finally in the evening she was really happy, silly girl!! I got them ready for bed and then when I was feeding them their bottles, Daddy made it home to help with the medicine and then putting them to bed, yay!! I needed a little break!!



Saturday, Daddy and I fed them their rice cereal in the morning with their breakfast bottle. We also did their inhaler (we have to do it every 4 hours). They stayed up for a little while playing with Daddy, but Daddy was falling back to sleep, so I took over!! :) They girls took their morning naps shortly after that. While they were napping I cleaned and sanitized all the girls toys and blankets. I want to make sure they don't get sick again. I also cleaned some toys my friend, Trisha, gave me for the girls to play with that her sons don't play with anymore. Now our living room is definitely a play area!!! When the girls woke up, it was time to have lunch. Today was their first time to try another food besides rice cereal. We chose green beans! I mixed a little bit of rice cereal in with the beans to make it a little more familiar. They loved the green beans. They both wanted more after they were done eating it. They were so cute!! I fed Meagan and Daddy fed Natalie. After lunch, the girls got to play with some of their new clean toys. Daddy played with them! I was straightening their room! Daddy dressed them in some star blanket outfits that Lisa got for them a while back. They were so cute in them!! Natalie loved it when Daddy would swing her around in it. She had such a big smile on her face!! We all played together some more and then in the afternoon, Daddy had to go to a Chamber Banquet, so then it was just my girls and me again! :) I got their baths, medicines and everything taken care of. I even brushed their gums for the first time!! :)
Sunday, Daddy got up early with me and we fed the girls their rice cereal and bottles and also did their breathing treatments again. Natalie is definitely over the cold, but we still give her the medicine just in case and to also listen to the doctor's orders. Meagan's coughing sounded worse than yesterday, but towards the end of the day got better again. We fed them green beans again today, which they loved!! Grandma came over to visit today after lunch. She had been sick, so she hasn't been over since last week. It was good to visit with her. While she was playing with the girls, I went shopping for the little rascals. I bought them some cute Valentine's Day outfits. I came back home with diapers and formula and more baby food!! It was so nice to get out of the house for a little while. Came back home and Grandma had just left. I played with the girls some and then went to pick up some food to take to a friend from my twins group that just had boy twins a couple of weeks back. They were so cute and tiny!! It is so hard to remember that Meagan and Natalie were that tiny once!! Came back home and we talked to Aunt Celeste and Cade on the webcam and got the girls ready for bed. Today Natalie learned a trick I have been trying to teach her. When she is in one of her jumping toys and she is done playing and either Daddy or I walk up to her, she will hold out her arms to be picked up. It is so cute!!! Meagan loves for Daddy and I to give her kisses. She gets really weak and closes her eyes and puts the biggest and sweetest smile on her face. Natalie likes it too!! They are starting to really try and tell us if they want a different toy or want to play with something else. Can't wait to see what they learn this week!! Also can't wait for Spring to come, so we can play outside and go for walks to the park!!



2 comments:

  1. Yea for green beans!!! They are adorable! I bet they loved their first meals! Glad to hear they are doing better....I looked in my calendar and Cade was sick with the exact same stuff at 6 months old!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It must run in the family!! Ha!! Your mom, my mom and Matt all got sick from them!!! I'm really surprised that I didn't get it!!

    ReplyDelete