Sunday, January 10, 2010

Starting Off the New Year with Sickness! :(

Monday, Jan. 4th, the girls and I got to play with some of the new toys from Christmas. They were really entertained by them. Some of them they will just learn how to play in a couple of weeks. Meagan is sitting up really well now, still need some padding around her, but she pretty much has it down. We drove up to Daddy's work around lunch time and picked him up and drove to Grandma's house, so we could eat lunch. We dropped Daddy back off at work and then Natalie, Meagan and I went to my old teaching school to say hi to some friends. It was fun!! It was so good to visit with everyone! I miss them all so much, they are a great group of people. We came back home afterwards and just hung out at home. I had a twins group meeting at Johnny Carino's that night. It is always good to get together with them, I learn so much about taking care of twins. When I got home, Daddy and I used our new webcam and called Opa over the internet to see if it worked and it did. I love using it!
Tuesday, I got to put up all of the Christmas decorations except for the Christmas Tree. I was happy about that!!! I also took the time to email Christmas pictures to everyone. It feels good to be able to get things accomplished! Natalie and Meagan both took longer naps today. It was also the first time that I fed them two helpings of rice cereal, once at lunch time and then another time at supper. We even called Oma and Opa using the webcam and it was the first time the girls got to see them on the computer. Good relaxing day!
Wednesday, we all stayed nice and cozy indoors. It was so cold this week! Natalie also started getting her first cold. Her cold wasn't too bad today.
Thursday, I had to dress the girls in T.U. outfits (UT) because it was the National Championship Game and the main reason I did it was Aunt Tara and Jason bought the shirts for the girls for Christmas and I had to promise that I would have Natalie and Meagan wear them today. I did and it made the girls sick (just kidding). :) Natalie was a little more sick today, mostly congestion and now Meagan is too, but mostly coughing, so it is Meagan's first cold now too. Cousin Rihana came over around lunch time to help and play with the girls. It was fun! The girls still weren't too bad today. Grandma came over about 4pm to play with the girls. Rihana left a little while later to go to work out in the cold weather. While Grandma was over, I got to straighten the house a little, yay!! Daddy came home and we went to Target while Grandma watched the girls. So cold outside with the wind blowing. Got back home and Grandma headed out. We slanted the girls cribs, so they could breathe better at night. I fed Meagan her last bottle of the night and after she was done, I was going to burp her, but instead she spit up her whole bottle all over me. She acted like it didn't even phase her. She was totally happy afterwards. She is my goofy Meagan. They did not want to go right to sleep tonight because they were feeling bad, so we used the webcams to call Aunt Celeste and Cade and then Aunt Terrell. Told them the girls were getting sick!! :(
Friday, Natalie's congestion was worse this morning and Meagan's cough was a little worse. Meagan also had mucus spit up after jumping in her jumperoo too much. I have banded the jumperoo while they are sick!!! She also spit up her whole bottle again, but not on me this time, more so on a blanket. I was prepared just in case. It scared me though, so I called Daddy at work and asked if he would come home and make an appointment to see the girls doctor. He came home and we took them to the doctor in the afternoon. He said we just need to let it run its course. He said it wasn't bad at all, they didn't have a virus and their ears and throat looked fine and he listened to their lungs and he said they were fine too. Our girls even coughed for him while he was listening to their breathing and he told them thank you for doing that. It was cute! They were weighed, so Natalie weighs 15lbs. 12oz. and Meagan weighs 16lbs. 15oz. It made us feel better that we knew that they didn't have anything more serious. We came home and fed the girls. Meagan kept it down this time, yay!! We all just relaxed. Daddy was starting to feel sick also. Oma and Opa came to our house tonight and stayed.
Saturday, Oma and Opa helped take care of the girls. They were a little worse today yet. Natalie was even hoarse and really stuffy and Meagan still had all her congestion in her throat area. We all hung out together in the morning and then Daddy and I left to drive to Downtown Houston to go to my friend, Jeanette's, baby shower. It was good to see her and Buck. Oma and Opa babysat all day today. Daddy and I drove back home and stopped by to see how everyone was doing. Meagan had spit up another bottle again, but she was fine. Then Daddy and I left again to go to our friends, Clint and Elizabeth's, wedding. It was good to see all our friends. We had a good time!! We picked up a couple of things for the babies from Target and then headed home to spend some time with our sick girls and my parents. Grandma even stopped by at some point during the day to help babysit. Oma also said that Natalie was playing pee-a-boo with her. She loves to play that!! And Opa said that Meagan loved to spin a ball that is on a toy Caterpillar all the way around. They are both still in such good spirits even though they don't feel good. They still smile all the time to! Poor things have to have their noses suctioned a lot and it is usually done by me!! I just want them to breathe better!!
Sunday, Meagan was hoarse this morning and Natalie wasn't hoarse anymore!! Oma and Opa helped us take care of them again today. Daddy slept in a little because he still didn't feel good. Oma cooked us lunch and Opa and Daddy spent a lot of time holding the girls today. Meagan slept a lot today and Natalie wanted to be up with all the action! Oma and I even got to do a little grocery shopping. And Daddy finally put the Christmas Tree up!! Oma and Opa headed out to go meet Aunt Tara and Jason for dinner in Round Rock and then we straightened up the house and took care of the girls. We can tell they are starting to feel a little better. Let's hope so anyway!!!

1 comment:

  1. Hey - hope the girls feel better soon!  Especially since we may be coming up soon! YAY!  I am going through the same stuff with Nick - the coughing, stuffy nose stuff.  Try this - put a little Vicks Vapor rub on their feet, put on socks, and put them to bed (with the elevation and a humidifier).  It works well.  Can't wait to see you guys in a few weeks!By the way, the girls TOTALLY got sick because you put them in those T.U. shirts.  (Don't tell Tara or Opa I said that!)

    ReplyDelete