Sunday, February 21, 2010

Mommy's 30th Birthday and Much More :)

Monday, February 15th, we got up early and headed to took the girls 7 month pictures with Sarah, our photographer. I think some of the pictures are going to be really cute and bring out the girls beautiful blue eyes! That was fun, but the girls started getting fussy towards the end because they were tired. I can't wait to see them. We came home afterwards and then took my car over to Toyota to get a new battery. We just left it there. We all then drove to Grandma's and Grandma and Cade were there. We all played and then everyone took naps. Daddy went into work a little later and then Celeste and Kelly came home. We all hung out a little bit and then I went to the grocery store for Celeste, so she could cook us all lasagna. Daddy came home and we put the girls to sleep. We ate dinner and we decided we were going to spend the night, so drove home and picked us out some clothes to wear tomorrow and headed back to Grandma's. Daddy and Kelly put together a gas fireplace and fake logs for Grandma. It is nice! We watched some Olympics!
Tuesday, Aunt Celeste's birthday, I got up with the girls and fed them prunes for breakfast for the first time. They seemed to like them, but they were kind of sticky, yuck! Celeste and Cade got up and we hung out with them and played. Daddy and Grandma came over for lunch and then they headed back to work. After the kids naps, Celeste, Cade, Natalie, Meagan and I headed to Toyota to pick up my car. (This was the first time the girls and Cade had ridden in a car together. It was cute! All the car seats together in the back seat. Cade kept talking to Natalie. He knows their names really well now and pretty much knows who is who, we think any way. :-)) After getting my car, we went to Target to look around. I had to end up holding Meagan because she didn't like being in the stroller. Cade rode in the cart and so did Natalie, but she was laying in the basket part on top of everything. She seemed to really like it. We then dropped my car off at home and then we picked up some cupcakes for our birthdays and then headed back to Grandma's house. We put the girls to sleep even though we knew we would have to wake them up to head home. It was the first time for us to try that. We all cooked fish, grilled shrimp, fried shrimp, steak, asparagus and baked potatoes. It was all so yummy!!! Happy Birthday Celeste!! After we ate, we talked and watched the Olympics and then we got the girls loaded up and we took them home. They did pretty good. We had to dress them for bed and then we just put them in their cribs and they went back to sleep. Not too bad! This is my last day to be 20 something!!! :( Here come the 30's!!!
Wednesday, Mommy's 30th Birthday, I played with the girls all day! We had fun! I turned 30 at 9:28am and I happened to be rocking Meagan at that time for her nap and then I rocked Natalie right after that. I'm so happy I got to rock my girls right when I turned 30. Very special!!! Natalie had a goopy eye this morning and it stayed wet all day. In the afternoon, Grandma came over and spent some time with us. She even took the girls for a walk outside. When she got back, I took some pictures with the girls for my birthday and then Daddy got home, so we took some with him to. Grandma babysat the girls while Daddy and I went on a date. We ate at Christopher's Steak House, went to Target and then went to see the movie 'Valentine's Day.' We had so much fun! Cute movie! We then came home and Grandma said the girls did a great job! What a great day!! I had a great 30th birthday!! We didn't go to church today, but today is also Ash Wednesday, so it is the start of the girls first Lent.
Thursday, I fed the girls peaches for the first time this morning. We played and had fun all day. I even put their first penny in their piggy banks today. Daddy came home early, so I could go to my doctor appointment. He took them for a walk around the block. I picked up Chili's for dinner. Came home and got the girls ready for bed and then Daddy and I ate!
Friday, Meagan was really fussy this morning, which made it harder for me to pack, but she was getting a bad diaper rash because she kept pooping a little bit in her diaper. She hadn't pooped for a couple of days until early this morning, poor thing!! Once I was all packed up and the girls had their lunch, we headed to Opa and Oma's. We got there around 3:30pm and we got to see Opa right away and then Opie showed up and so did Oma. We visited and then Opie went home and I got the girls situated. Opa and Oma were going to babysit this weekend. Around 6:30pm, I headed to San Antonio and met Daddy, Thad and Nyree there at the Sheraton Hotel. We ate dinner at on the Riverwalk at Zuni's Restaurant. It was pretty good! We then went back to the hotel and hung out there. We went to sleep pretty early, we were all tired.
Saturday, first whole day I haven't seen the girls, Oma and Opa are still doing a great job babysitting. I called to check up on them. :) Oma did say that they were getting little colds. Hopefully it doesn't get as bad as last time. They are coughing a little and congested. While they were at Oma and Opa's, Nyree and I relaxed in the morning and then we walked on the Riverwalk and to the River Center. We ate a brunch at Denny's. We meet up with Daddy and Thad at the mall and got a free pretzel, yum! We sat outside by the river and listened to music being played. It was nice! Nyree and I left and we went to our Pedicure appointments at the Watermark Hotel. It was so nice and relaxing. We put our feet in the Whirl Pool and then sat in the relaxation room while drinking water with cucumber in it in our robes and slippers. The pedicure's were so relaxing, no talking, just sitting! After the pedicure's we sat in the relaxation room for a little while and talked. We headed out and walked to a little Market Place called La Villsta. Then we went to the top of the Observatory Deck to see all of San Antonio. We also walked by the Alamo. We went back to the hotel to meet the guys and then we ate dinner at the River Center at Tony Roma's. After eating we rode on a River Boat at night. Beautiful! Then we got some ice cream and walked to the Alamo area and rode a 3D ride, which ended up being pretty dumb, but we did play in an arcade afterwards. Then we went to a Haunted House, which was really fun. Daddy got scared a couple of times, it made me laugh!! We headed back to the hotel and watched some Olympics. Great times! :)
Sunday, Nyree's Birthday, Thad and Nyree headed out and Daddy and I walked on the Riverwalk and ate at the Original Cafe for breakfast. We had breakfast tacos and we sat right by the river. We walked back to my car and I dropped him off at his and we said goodbye. I headed back to Oma and Opa's and I was so happy to see the girls. Opa had Meagan in the living room and she smiled at me right away, she was so happy to see me!! :) Oma came in with Natalie and she got the biggest smile on her face right away too! I missed them!!! Right away I noticed they looked different in one day and Natalie learned how to rock back and forth while sitting. Played with girls today and Omie and Opie came over in the afternoon for a little bit and held the girls. Omie and Oma fed the girls their afternoon bottles. After their bottles, we talked to Daddy on the webcam. Opie even got on it, so Daddy could see him! :) They headed home and Oma went grocery shopping, so I fed the girls bananas and cereal for dinner. Oma came back and Betty Ann came too. Oma bathed them and then Betty Ann and Oma fed the girls their bedtime bottles. We had a great day and I had a great 30th birthday week and weekend!!!

1 comment: