Monday, March 1, 2010

Our Week in Fredericksburg!

Monday, February 22nd, early this morning like at 3am, we could all hear Meagan talking up a storm. She kept saying 'Dadadada' over and over again. It was a pretty day today, but still a little too windy for the girls to stay outside for very long. We played and Opa helped me give the girls their bottles all day. Opie came over for a little bit today to and helped Opa put together a new grill. Oma came home after work and spent some time with the girls playing. Both Meagan and Natalie always want to get her necklace! Good day, but Natalie's nose is getting a little worse, but not too bad. Watched Olympics again tonight! I love the Winter Games they are fun to watch and exciting!

Tuesday, I accidentally slept in a little this morning, Opa had to come get me up! It was snowing outside this morning and pretty much all day! The whole yard was covered and there were huge snow flakes falling down! This was the first time that the girls got to see snow!! So exciting!! I made a snowman for them, just little one! I took some pictures of them, but didn't keep them outside too long since they both kind of have little colds, I didn't want to make it worse. It was so beautiful!!! We stayed home again all day today playing and watching the Olympics. Oma stayed in San Antonio tonight because she didn't want to have to drive on the icy roads in the morning.

Wednesday, it was a beautiful day! Our weather is so funny here in Texas, snowing one day and then the next a warm day! :) Meagan still has a little cough and Natalie still has a runny nose and cough. Opa got sick from the girls, he started getting a runny nose and coughing today. Sorry Opa!!! In the afternoon, I did put the girls in their stroller and we saw and talked about the cows. We got to watch Opa herd the cows to where he put the hay for them to eat. So the girls got to watch the cows eat their hay! I started getting a headache today!! We had a nice relaxing day. Oma came home later and we ate dinner.
Thursday, it was too windy outside today, so I couldn't take the girls out!! I didn't get to do all that I wanted while we were in Fredericksburg because of the weather and the girls being sick, but we still had a good time. Today we just played and took it easy!
Friday, Meagan is getting really good at scooting around on the floor! She is going to be crawling real soon, we just know it!! Natalie has no interest in it yet, she just wants to chew on all of her toys. She is still our little drooler! Oma got to come home early from work and she brought us lunch to eat!! We cleaned and set up for the party tomorrow! We did that all day and played with the girls of course! I got to go into town for a little while to pick up groceries. It was good to get out of the house! :) I also picked us up some Church's Fish since it is Friday for Lent! Aunt Tara and Jason were at the house when I got back playing with Natalie and Meagan. We all ate dinner and then got the girls ready for bed! We watched the Olympic Speed Skaters, which I think might be my favorite Winter Olympic sport. Apollo Ono was the main skater and he broke the record for the most medals in the Winter Olympics. Daddy drove up tonight, but he only got to see the girls sleeping. He missed them so much!! :)
Saturday, Daddy got up when the girls did and they were so happy to see Daddy!!! He helped feed them their breakfast and played with them. Tara and Jason came over early and played! I headed to town because I was finally going to get my hair cut and put low lights in my hair. It turned out really pretty! The lady who did my hair, we found out that she was the one who did my hair for my wedding! That was funny! I headed out to Curtis and Sandra's for Tina and Shannon's baby shower and just met my family there. It was the first time for the girls to go to their house! We played funny games, including one that I won, which was kind of gross. There was melted chocolate bars in diapers and you had to sniff to guess what they were. We had fajitas for lunch and cake! Daddy, Tara and I took the girls outside to see the sheep and one walked right up to us! Oma and Opa then took the girls home because they wouldn't take a nap on the floor there, Meagan actually scooted herself almost all the way under a bed. Daddy and I stayed there and watched Tina and Shannon open their gifts! We had fun! Then Daddy and I headed to Opa and Oma's and Omie, Opie, Jackie, Brady and Will were there. Brady and Will were actually playing with the girls, it was cute! We helped with the food! More family started to show up for my 30th Birthday Party. It was so good to see everyone. For some people it has been awhile since I have seen them. It was the first for Opie's sister's to meet the girls and Joyce T. and her parents and husband and grand baby to meet the girls to! We had burgers for dinner. I had a great time! Some of them got me cards, wine, a shirt, chocolate's, soaps, lotions and Aunt Tara and Jason got me flowers. My family is so nice and fun! I am very thankful for all of them!!!

Sunday, Aunt Tara and Jason came over and brought us some breakfast from the German Bakery in town. It was really good! I liked the German Pretzels!! We all hung out and played with the girls and we got all of our stuff packed up. We helped clean up a little bit too! We ate some left over hamburgers and then we said bye to Aunt Tara and Jason, and then Opa and Oma! We had such a wonderful time staying with them this past week! Daddy followed the girls and me back home. Once we got home we gave them their bottles and they played with all the toys that they had missed!! We watched the closing ceremony of the Olympics and then went to sleep!!

No comments:

Post a Comment