Monday, March 29, 2010

First Easter Egg Hunt!


Monday, March 22nd, we stayed home all day and even went out onto the driveway with a blanket for a bit. It was a beautiful day, so we sat out there for a little while and looked around. I was talking to my friend, Lori, on the phone while we were out there about her new little baby. When the girls woke up from their afternoon nap, we played in their room and while we were playing, Meagan scooted underneath her crib trying to crawl. It was funny to say the least. I took pictures while she was doing it. Meagan can crawl forwards when she isn't thinking about it or trying so hard. When she thinks about it, she goes backwards. Both Natalie and Meagan love to get on Daddy's shoulders. You can tell from their facial expressions how much they love to be up there and getting all that attention!!! When Natalie gets excited, she bangs her hands on her legs or if you have her on your shoulders, she will bang on your head with excitement! Both girls love to explore, Natalie isn't crawling yet, but she explores in her own way, reaching for toys and thinking of different things she can do with the toy. It usually ends up in her mouth! Meagan is loving the new ability to crawl and finding all the toys and new things she can play with! Natalie has layed on her tummy and has kicked her legs a little this week. I think she is trying to scoot to get some toys. When Natalie talks, she screeches with a loud high pitched sound.
Tuesday, the girls and I played inside a lot today. Daddy came home early and played with the girls. I had my last doctor's appointment to go to. Today Meagan was trying to pull up on the coffee table and Natalie was leaning over really far as she was sitting getting toys that were farther away.
Wednesday, Natalie and Meagan's different personalities sure do make me laugh!! Both girls still get excited when I sing the ABC's and other songs that I sing, like 'Isty Bitsy Spider.' We had a Verizon guy come by our house today because our phone wasn't working, he got it finished outside. It was a neighborhood thing! When I am playing with the girls, I like to build with some blocks that we have and Meagan has learned to crawl over to them really fast and come knock them over. I let Natalie have turns to, I will build the blocks right by her. Sometimes she acts like she is going to knock them over and then looks at me and doesn't do it. It is like she doesn't know if she should or not. Natalie is probably going to be the one who thinks about things before she does it and Meagan is going to probably be the total opposite, she will just do it and see what happens. So cute!! This afternoon, we drove to Grandma's house and she got to play and feed them and then we loaded them up and drove to church dinner. Great Aunt Janet, Daddy and Great Grandpa were there too. The girls did a great job around all the people, they had a good time!
Thursday, Daddy slept in today, so we got to see him more this morning before work. After Daddy left, I fed the girls their lunch and then we went to the mall. They were so good!! They sat in their stroller while I ate my Sonic lunch and then we went to take a picture with the Easter Bunny, who just happened to be at the Mall! :) We got Natalie to smile, but I think Meagan was probably thinking, What is this thing I am sitting on?? We went back home and in the afternoon, Rihana came over to visit!! It was good to see her! She even helped me feed the girls their dinner. Grandma came over also and then Daddy. Grandma babysat tonight while, Daddy, Rihana and I went to the movies to see 'Alice and Wonderland' in 3D. It was cute! Came home and Grandma had both girls asleep. Great day!! :)
Friday, we played all day and sat out on the driveway again!! Another beautiful day outside!! Tonight, Daddy went over to the Scamardo's to watch March Madness, so I got the girls bathed and fed and put to bed! We had a fun girls day at home! (Aunt Celeste, Uncle Kelly and Cade moved in with Grandma tonight, yay!!)

Saturday, Grandma and Cade came over in the morning. Daddy drove with Cade and Grandma rode with the girls and me to the George Bush Library for an Easter Egg Hunt. (The girls first one.) It was so much fun!! Cade got to go into an Ambulance and see a Fire Truck. He even got to play some fun games and got little prizes. The Egg Hunt part was kind of crazy because there were so many little kids and parents going for the eggs. I had Meagan and we got two eggs and Grandma had Natalie and they got one egg and poor Cade and Daddy didn't get any eggs, but I gave him one of ours!! After the hunt we took some pictures and then Scotty and Demetri meet up with us because they were in town to watch Adriane play volleyball. They got popcorn with us and then Cade and Demetri played Egg Roll and Egg Toss. The girls were sleeping during this time! :) I ran into a couple of people I knew there from my old school that I taught at, Sylvia and Gretal. Also saw Kelly and her family from Twins group. While Daddy waited in line for an animal balloon for Cade, Demetri and Cade played with little balls they won with Scotty. Cade and Demetri finally got there animal balloons, so then we got the girls picture taken with the Easter Bunny. We tried with Cade, but he did not want to do it!! We said bye to Scotty and Demetri and Daddy, the girls and I headed home. We had such a good time!!! We got the girls fed and we played for a little bit. Scotty and Demetri came over and took a nap. Daddy and I watched 'The Ugly Truth,' while everyone else was sleeping, even Daddy fell asleep watching the movie. Scotty and Daddy woke up, so we talked for a little bit and then they headed out. Daddy, the girls and I went to Grandma's house to see Aunt Celeste, Uncle Kelly, Cade and Grandma. Celeste cooked dinner for all of us. We talked with them for a little while and then we went over to Gus and Kourtney's to visit with them, Adriane, Scotty, Demetri, Tim, Erin and Jerry, Ann and Melissa were outside, so we all stood outside and talked for a bit. It was good to see everyone!!! Meagan and Natalie did a great job because when we were visiting it was their time to have their bedtime bottle and go to bed and we still had to drive home! We had a wonderful day! Today was also Opa's birthday! Happy Birthday Opa!
Sunday, today we stayed home all day and pretty much had ourselves a family day. Daddy, the girls and I just hung out and had fun playing. In the afternoon, Daddy had to go to work for a little bit, so I played bubbles with the girls and they loved watching them. Meagan would try to touch them, but they would pop before she could get it. They really enjoyed it! We also played with a little house that I brought home last night from Grandma's. They had fun exploring their new toy. This week, since Meagan is getting really good at crawling, she has started crawling to me when I am sitting on the floor and she will put her hands on my knees. She tries to pull up on me, it is hard still, so I help her. Both Natalie and Meagan like to play with necklaces. Whenever I wear one they both play with it and on other people to. One day this week, I had on a necklace and Meagan played with it. I took it off later on that day and she crawled to and tried to pull up, so I picked her up and right away she looked for my necklace, but it wasn't there. She kept looking for it, pulling my shirt and everything. Smarty pants!! :)
Can't wait to see what the girls do this next week! We love them so much!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment