Tuesday, Groundhog Day, it was their 29th week birthday!! :) The Groundhog saw its shadow, so that means there will be six more weeks of winter (a longer winter). I had to pick up some pictures today from Walgreen's, so the girls came inside with me. It was their first time there! :) I took some pictures today of the girls in outfits their Great Aunt Barbara bought them for Christmas. They were so cute and we had so much fun doing it. Gus and Kourtney came over tonight to visit and play with the girls. We had Wings-N-More to eat! Kourtney helped me feed them before bedtime. Meagan even kind of waved bye bye to Kourtney. We put them to bed and hung out with Gus and Kourtney a little more watching LOST! It was good to visit with them!Wednesday, I fed the girls a mixer for lunch today. Instead of just one vegetable, I fed them two, green beans and carrots. They liked it, they didn't know what to expect. Later on that afternoon, we drove to Grandma's and meet her there. We went to the church dinner and everyone just loved the girls. Natalie and Meagan were both crying at one point, but they started getting a little better. Haven got Natalie to quit crying, it was cute! We had fun and it was good to see everyone there.
Thursday, Natalie and Meagan sat and played with toys most of the day. That's what they wanted to do. I really think they enjoy sitting and exploring with toys that I put in front of them. There is one toy that plays music when you press buttons and other things and both girls really enjoy. Meagan has everything on it down. She can do it really fast!! Grandma came over tonight to play. Daddy and I went out to eat at Red Lobster and then went to Target. It was our date night! Good times!
Friday, I took the girls to a twins play date. They loved it. We sang songs and learned about the letter 'T' and the number 2. They loved watching the older children. We came home and played some more here. Daddy came home later and we had a little bit of family time and then I went to meet up with Grandma and some of her friends. We had a girls night. We went to the movies and saw It's Complicated. Cute movie! I came home! Great day!
Saturday, I got the girls and Daddy up and we had breakfast and then loaded up to drive to Hillsboro to meet up with Lisa, Marie, Taylor and Laurie. We all met at The Black Eyed Pea to visit and have lunch. Lisa and her mom, Marie, helped feed the girls. They had sweet pototoes for the first time today. They liked them! It was so good to see them. We hadn't seen them since the girls baptism. We missed them. Meagan and Natalie seemed so comfortable around them, which was nice! After we visited there for a little while, we drove down the road to the outlets and we all shopped and looked around. Matt, Lisa, the girls and I went into Carter's Outlet Store and bought some cute clothes. We even got the girls a pair of swim suits and glasses to match!! After we shopped and talked, we said our goodbyes! It was so good to see them. We gave Lisa a present and she gave Meagan and Natalie some cute sleepers. We are so thankful and blessed to know them!! Matt and I ate some ice cream and fed the girls and then drove back home. We just hung out at the house together. After the girls were asleep, I went to the grocery store to buy ingredients for Daddy's cheese dip. It took awhile!! Came home and watched a movie. We had such a good day!
Sunday, Daddy and I just took it easy hanging out with the girls. Daddy got to take a nap with Meagan and I actually layed with Natalie while she took a nap. Wish I would have taken a nap to, but instead watched Lifetime! Around 3ish, we drove out to Harry's farm for the girls first Super Bowl Party. Colts vs. Saints! The farm house looked great, they fixed it up so nice!! Meagan and Natalie got to meet a lot of friends tonight that they hadn't before. They did pretty good. They didn't fuss too much at all. I left with the girls after the first quarter, they were getting tired. When we got home, they played for a little bit and then we got ready for bed. I just looked at the final score of the game. 31 - 17, Saints won their first Super Bowl!!! Go Saints!Natalie this week is so much better at sitting by herself now. She has more control of her movements when she hits. She is always grabbing for toys to put in her mouth! Meagan plays with everything and then wants something else to play with. When I lay her on the ground, she automatically turns onto her stomach and plays with toys around her. She pushes them away and then scoots backwards. She gets frustrated with that. Natalie also started screeching this week pretty loud. It is her excited noises. When both girls are playing on the floor in the sitting position with toys in between them, if Natalie is playing with a toy and Meagan is interested in it, she takes it from Natalie. It is funny to watch. Natalie always finds another toy to play with though or else she just looks at Meagan and then puts her two fingers in her mouth. They both love playing with this leap frog toy where you hit balls into holes. They are really good at it! And they love to try to eat the balls, Meagan will even try to get all three balls at the same time. It is pretty funny. If Natalie or Meagan sees the other one crying, then the other will start crying to (that is only when they are around a bunch of people they don't know). They are growing up so fast and they are so smart! Can't wait to see what next week brings us!
We had such a great time!!! You do so great on this blog!! I love reading it. What a wonderful family we made. Thanks guys!! I love ya'll!!!
ReplyDelete