Sunday, April 11, 2010

Meagan's first word!!! :)

Monday, April 5th, Natalie and Meagan played with their new toys that they got for Easter. I also gave them cheerios for the first time and they liked them. They couldn't quite get the picking up part and putting it in their mouths, but they liked the taste of them. They ate Gerber #3 foods today for the first time to. They made kind of a funny face at first, but did great. Natalie was really interested in trying to crawl today, she got on her tummy and lifted her hand and then the other, but couldn't get her lower body up. We are just happy that she is interested and thinking about doing it!! She will come around soon, she is so sweet! I went to my twins meeting tonight and had a great time. I got a lot of formula from friends. They are so great!! While I was there, Daddy played with the girls and got them ready for bed. This week, the girls did a lot of screaming/screeching/baby talking around the house. They love to make high pitched noises, it makes Daddy and I laugh all the time! Every night when Daddy gets home from work, he loves to play with the girls and they love it to.
Tuesday, I let the girls stay in just diapers all day to play. I let them have their first kind of dairy today to, they had the Gerber #3 Broccoli and Carrots mixed with Cheese sauce. I still don't want them to have anything dairy, but figured that was okay. Meagan made me laugh so hard today. I came to check my email on the computer and the door was closed half way and she came crawling (I could hear her) and she pushed the door all the way open and the look on her face was priceless, she was so happy she had found me!! I tried the bathing suits on the girls that Aunt Terrell had got them for Easter. They were cute, Meagan's tummy stuck out in hers. When Daddy got home later, we all four went on a walk through the neighborhood. Had fun!
Wednesday, I will build a tower with some of the girls blocks and Meagan will crawl from across the room to knock them down, not just using her hands or feet, but now she uses her mouth or a toy the she has in her mouth. Natalie's legs are much stronger now!! Would you would try to stand her before, she would bounce on her legs and she would never make them straight. She can now stand on them and hold onto the coffee table, as long as I am holding onto the back of her. This afternoon, the girls were laughing so hard at each other. One would laugh and then the other one would laugh at the other one laughing. They did it for a good 10 minutes.
Thursday, I took the girls to the grocery store (Kroger) for the first time today. We just got a couple of items and then we headed out. I think they liked looking at everything. We ran some errands and then came back home and played. In the afternoon, we walked to the neighborhood pond and took some bread with us. There were three ducks that were actually hungry this time, so the girls got to see the ducks eat the bread. Today Meagan started saying her first word (we count it as her first word because she knows what it means and who it is), it was "Momma!!!!" I was her first word, that makes me so happy. It melts my heart every time I think about it, she is so sweet. She will say Momma and start looking for me and then she gets so happy when she sees me. I like playing games with her, I will walk and kind of hide behind something and wait for her to find me. I like playing peek-a-boo with both girls and acting like I don't see them and call out their names and then acted surprised when I see them. So cute!!
Friday, Natalie has started this thing where she shakes her head No when she is eating as a game and flashes her little smile at you. She has now started nodding her head Yes also. It makes Daddy and I laugh. Nodding yes is hard to do for a baby, so she has that down. I let them play with an old magazine today and they tore it up, they had fun though. Daddy came home after work and shortly after that Aunt Celeste and Cade came over to. Daddy played with Cade and the girls, while Celeste and I went to drop off some Twins Group Garage Sale items and get some food for dinner. Daddy said that Cade was sad pretty much the whole time we were gone. :( Cade got to stay the night with us. We put all the kids to bed and then talked.
Saturday, I got up really early to go help with the garage sale, so that meant while I was there Daddy had to get up early to fed the girls and Cade. Grandma came and got Cade later and I got home around noon after the sale. I had fun! Daddy went to get him and I some food to eat and he met the girls and I at the nearby park to have a little picnic. We swung the girls in the swings and then came home. For dinner that night, we ate at Ninfa's with the girls and we sat outside. Nice day! We then took the girls to walk around the mall. Came home and put them to bed. Grandad came to visit Daddy and I after the girls were asleep.
Sunday, Natalie is pretty good now at getting cheerios in her mouth by herself. Meagan on the other hand gets one cheerio in one hand and then gets other cheerio in her other hand and then tries to get more cheerios while she has her hands grasped, so instead of putting them in her mouth she is concentrating on that. Silly girl! After lunch, Daddy, the girls and I drove to Grandma's and got her and Cade and we rode out to Lynn's house where she had a lot of bluebonnets in her pasture. Some of Tara's (Harry's wife) family had the same idea, so they were taking pictures to. We took some pictures in the bluebonnets, on a rocking chair and also on a low tree branch. It was work, but it was fun! We went back to Grandma's and hung out with them and Kelly watching The Master's. Had a good time! Grandma got Cade a fish yesterday and today we kept telling Cade to call his fish Jorge. We came home and then Grandad came over to play with the girls and have dinner. He headed out to go home, but decided to come back and stay with us for the night.
We had a great week! Looking forward to this week!

No comments:

Post a Comment