Monday, October 18, 2010

Our Week With Oma and Opa

Monday, Oct. 11th, Oma got the girls up and fed. Opa and I woke up shortly after that and we all played. Opie came by the say hi to us. Oma and I took the girls to the Wildseed Farm and walked around and took pictures. We saw Great Great Aunt Joyce there to. We also ate lunch there. They had tons of pumpkins, so we took some pictures with them. Natalie walked really good there and Meagan liked picking up rocks and throwing them. We went back to Oma and Opa's and the girls took a nap. Oma and I took the girls to Main Street and I went to the Christmas Store and looked around. While I was in there, Oma took the girls to the Fredericksburg Bakery (that is where Oma H. used to work) and got them a chocolate chip cookie. They got the chocolate all over their faces, too cute. We then went to HEB and bought some groceries and then headed home. We all ate dinner with Opa to. The girls were kind of scared of the bath tub for some reason tonight. Good day!
Tuesday, Oma left early for a job interview, so Opa and I got the girls up and going. We played with them in the morning and then we headed over to Omie and Opie's to have lunch with them and Holly and Cindy. It was good to see them and visit. Natalie would take books to Holly, for her to read them. We had a good lunch, I love when Omie cooks!! Meagan has been an Opa and Opie fan today, so cute. We got back home around 2:45, so we put the girls down for a nap right away, they were tired. Oma came home shortly after that and the girls got up and we played the rest of the day at home. Natalie likes new Halloween book that Grandma gave her. And Meagan likes to go to Opa in the study when he is working. She liked to be by him all day. Talked to Aunt Tara on the phone tonight. Oma gave the girls showers tonight to see if they liked that better and we think that they did.
Wednesday, we just stayed at home all day today and played. Meagan likes to wrap her head in her blanket when she sleeps. Natalie is climbing on everything, especially the diningroom chairs and then tries to crawl on the table. She is still walking great and she has been kind of whiny lately. Seems like Meagan and Natalie are both teething right now. Chewing on everything. Oma and I walked the girls to the mailbox down the road and saw Opie working outside. While the girls were napping, Opa and I went to help Opie look for a tool with a metal detector, but couldn't find it. I walked back to the house and Oma and the girls were outside swinging on the swing. I talked to Trisha a the phone, it was good to hear from her. We got the girls ready for bed early because Opa was going to babysit while Oma and I went to see a movie 'Life As We Know It.' Cute movie! It was a nice day outside today!!
Thursday, Meagan and Natalie's 15 month birthday, played at home in the morning and talked to Aunt Celeste on the phone. Oma, Opa, the girls and I went to Mr. Gatti's to eat lunch. Omie and Opie met us there to eat. We had a good time!! Both girls drank out of straws today, Natalie has known how to do it, but this was the first time I saw Meagan do it! Oma and I took the girls to Beall's afterwards and shopped a little bit. Brought the girls home and put them down for a nap, but they really didn't nap while at all. A little bit later, Oma and I took the girls to Great Aunt Janet's and we saw Tyler, Jazz and his girlfriend. Janet cut the girls bangs, it looks really cute. That was their third time to be cut!! :) We visited for a little bit and Tyler said he might try to go to A&M! We left there and went by Wal-Mart and then headed home. We got to talk to Daddy on the webcam tonight, which the girls got real quiet when they saw their Daddy on there, they missed him, they probably wanted him to be here with us.
Friday, Opie came by early to drop something off, but stayed a little bit and visited with the girls. Opa did his income tax all day, so Oma and I played with the girls all morning. While the girls napped, Oma and I cleaned up an old teeter todder for the girls to play with. It didn't have any handles, so later on, Opa sawed an old broom stick handle and made them into handles for the teeter todder. The girls loved it!! Natalie was pretty whiny today. Great Aunt Betty Ann came over to eat dinner with all of us. It was good to see her.
Saturday, played in the morning. Oma and I took the girls into town to the Market Plaz playground. Oma swung Natalie on a tire swing, while I chased Meagan around. We then walked the girls to a Java Cafe and all shared a smoothie. We headed to the church and got some BBQ from a Chris Stat's benefit. We then headed home and ate lunch with Opa. Bernice and Huntleigh stopped by to play and visit. Huntleigh was still expecting them to be babies, it was funny. After they left, the girls napped a little bit and when they got up, they both wanted to go outside, so Opa and Oma took them out to play. Oma stayed with the girls while Opa and I went to church. While we were there, Daddy came to the house to see the girls and Oma. Opa and I got home and the girls and I were so happy to see him. We all ate dinner and played!!
Sunday, Oma made pancakes for everyone, yum! We all ate together. We packed up and said bye to Oma and Opa. Daddy followed the girls and I to San Antonio to go to one of Aunt Dana's soccer games, she didn't get to play, but that was okay because we just wanted to come and visit. During the game, Grammie played with the girls and during the second half Grandad came and he played with the girls also. During half time, Daddy and Grammie took the girls on the field to run around. It was cute! After the game, which they won 3 - 1, we said bye to Grammie and then Dana, Grandad, Daddy, the girls and I went to the Cheesecake Factory and ate a late lunch. We had a good time catching up. Girls did really good to!! We all said bye and the Daddy followed us back home. We all made it back safe and sound, yay!! Meagan and Natalie were so excited to be back and out of the car. They missed their toys and even their beds. Meagan went to her crib and was so excited she grabbed the bars and did a little dance. Daddy helped get them ready for bed and then we all relaxed! What a great week!! Beautiful weather each day!!

No comments:

Post a Comment