Monday, October 25, 2010

First High School Football Game!

Monday, Oct. 18th, I took girls to the Joyful Hearts Meeting and they did great. We came home afterwards and they wrecked the house with their toys (guess they were so happy to play with them again)!!! We had fun at home the rest of the day. Daddy surprised us and came home a little earlier than usual, we were all happy about that! I cooked dinner while the girls ate their dinner. We had a great family time! This past weekend and the week, Natalie has started to mimic things that we do. Daddy would tell her 'Boom Boom on your Tum Tum' (from the book 'Would You Rather Be a Bull Frog'. When he would say that she would bang her hand on her tummy!! She will put her hands together and pray to! She is very observant!! Meagan has started doing the same things to this week. They are both learning their different body parts. Both tell me 'All Done', after they are done drinking their bottle and brushing their teeth. It isn't quite clear yet when they say it, but we know that is what they are saying. They do the same syllables. Meagan even says Natalie's name with three syllables! Meagan loves to have Daddy to herself. I was trying to hug Daddy on the ground and she came over and wasn't having any of that!! Natalie is so hard to separate from her blanket!! We think she loves that thing more than us, ha! I try to make her leave it in her crib and she cries when she has to leave it, but only for just a little bit. If I let her keep it all day, she wouldn't play or talk, she would just sit with her fingers in her mouth the whole day. :)
Tuesday, we stayed home all day and did laundry. After their nap and snack we went to see Natasha and her family in the hospital. She had Gracie Lynn, but by the time we got there she had passed, so sad!!! They knew it was going to happen, she had some sort of brain problem. Everyone seemed to be doing okay, the best you can be doing in a time like that. We have been praying for a long time!! Left the hospital and came home to feed the girls. Daddy had a meeting tonight, so it was just the girls and me. I got the girls in bed and then Daddy came home shortly after. They did great tonight!
Wednesday, we woke up a little early and Daddy and I took the girls to their 15 month appointment and they did a great job there. Both cried when they were given the shots, Meagan went first, which we probably should have done her second. She cried for the longest and I held her and Daddy helped Natalie, she didn't cry as long. They were both troopers though. Natalie weighs 22.6lbs and length is 32". Meagan weighs 25.6lbs and length 32 1/4". Doctor said they are doing great!! We all came home afterwards. Daddy rode with us to go to Doc's office and Daddy and I got two shots, the DTaP and Flu shots. We talked to Lindy, Susan and Doc a little bit and my friend, Racheal and her daughter. We took Daddy to work and then went to Grandma's house and she came for a little bit, we surprised her!! :) Fed the girls lunch (which they didn't eat very good at all) and then they took a nap shortly after!! We played there a little and then late afternoon drove over to Great Grandpa's and talked to him and Great Uncle Bill. Grandma followed Great Grandpa and the girls and I to church dinner (we walked). We had a great time showing everyone that Natalie can walk really good now!! The girls were hungry tonight!! Daddy came later and we ate and we walked back to Great Grandpa's. Daddy and I took the girls home!
Thursday, played with the girls in the morning and then I had to go to the dentist, so then Daddy got to play with them. When I got back home, Daddy went to work and I took the girls to a twins play date at Kelly's. The girls had fun going down the slide, they even got little witch masks. We came home and had a late lunch. When Daddy came home in the afternoon, I had already fed and bathed the girls because I needed to run some errands. I picked up Outback for us and brought it home and Daddy had just put the girls down, so I went and told them goodnight! We ate and then I went to Walgreens for some milk, but ended up getting 'My Baby Can Read' also. I am going to try it out!! Meagan loves to dance!!!! Natalie can throw some little fits when either you don't give her her blanket or you put her down from holding her. I usually don't give in to that behavior, so it lasts a couple of seconds.
Friday, played with the girls at home and fed them an early lunch, we then all got dressed and headed to Daddy's work. We picked him up and went to the Baptist church for the lunch for baby Gracie. We sat with Kelly and her family and Crystal and Steven. Gave Natasha and Brandon a hug and their kids. Took Daddy back to work and Grandma took the girls to her house, so I could go to the funeral. Followed everyone out there and it was a sad, but lovely funeral. I stood by Great Aunt Margie and then talked to everyone afterward. I headed out and ran errands for Daddy and then went to Grandma's, so she could go back to work. I put the girls down for a late nap because I knew we would be up late tonight. Daddy came over after work and the girls had just woken up. Grandma came a little bit later. We all made spaghetti for super. Before they ate, we took the girls out to play in the sandbox, which they love. We all ate dinner together and then we all went to the High School Football Game together and we ate by Bill and Margie. We watched Morgan run with the big flag and watched Allison perform during half time. The girls had a great time at the game and loved when the bands would play. They would bounce and dance to the music!! After half time, we talked to Allison and Katie and then we headed to Grandma's. We bathed them and they both rode on their little pink ponies, which Natalie has always been scared of. They went to bed late, after 10.
Saturday, I got up early to drive to Aunt Celeste's and said hi to Cade, Kelly and the Blackburns. Celeste and I drove to her friend, Inger's, twins baptism and then we drove to Houston to Qunies to have a surprise lunch for Great Aunt Carolyn's 60th birthday. It was good to see the women on that side of the family. We stayed there a while and talked and then we headed back to Celeste's. I got to see Cade for a little bit before I headed home. I picked up some dinner and when I came home the girls were so happy to see me and I to see them!!! They had a great day playing with Grandma while Daddy worked in the yard and then with Daddy!! I'm glad I got to see them before bed!
Sunday, I played with the girls all day, while Daddy worked really hard out in the yard with the sprinkler system in the backyard. We had a good, relaxing day inside. After I fed them dinner, Rihana came over and all of us went to the Pumpkin Patch down the road to take some pictures and pick out pumpkins. We got some cute pictures and then each one of us picked out a pumpkin for ourselves (Meagan really picked out Natalie's). Natalie did like a pumpkin that was bright orange and had bumps all over it. We think she liked the texture. She liked trying to pick up the big pumpkins and Meagan liked taking the little pumpkins over to Natalie. We said bye to Rihana and then we went out to eat at Ninfa's. Came home and Sarah had brought the picture CD by from pictures in August. We put the girls to bed and then Daddy and I went through the mail finally!! Good day!

No comments:

Post a Comment