Monday, November 15, 2010

16 Months Old!!! :)

Monday, November 8th, we stayed home all day and I did laundry. I started getting congested and the girls noses were still bad, so we had sickness all over the place. Natalie built a tower with some blocks and a ball on top today, she was so proud of herself!! :)
Tuesday, we stayed home all day again today, but in the late afternoon, the girls and I went to pick up Daddy from work and saw Grandma there. We headed to Adriane, Scotty and Demetri's new house (it was really nice) and then all of us went out to eat right by there house. We had a great time talking and hanging out. All the kids got to play on a playscape in sand at the restaurant after we ate. The kiddos had a lot of fun. We had to take the girls clothes off because of all the sand!! Adriane told us that Demetri was saying 'my friends, my friends' when they were leaving. He didn't want them to go, so sweet. We headed back home! Great day!
Wednesday, I had an early doctors appointment, so Daddy took care of the girls in the morning. I came home and we played and then we all headed up to Daddy's work. We dropped him off and then we went to Grandma's house and ate lunch and then we all napped. We played inside the rest of the afternoon and then Grandma came home. She rode with us to church dinner and Daddy met us there. We had a good time. We took Grandma home and then we came home.
Thursday, we stayed home all day and played. I still have a cold, but the girls is a little better. When Daddy got home we played a run and hug game. This is where we sit in our hallway, Daddy on one side and me on the other. We will say 'Ready, Set, Go' and then girls will run back and worth to us to give us a hug. It sounds like Meagan says, 'Ready, Set, Go' before she runs. It also sounds like she says that before she throws a ball. Now Natalie starts running to Daddy, but then tricks him and turns around halfway through. When she runs towards me, she comes all the way. It is just funny that she likes to trick Daddy and flash him a little mischievous smile when she does it!! :) Meagan also likes to say 'Quack Quack' when you ask her what a duck says. Grandma found that out the other day! :) Natalie likes to read a book about colors, she wants us to tell her what all the colors are in her color books over and over again. Both girls know a lot of their body parts right now. They can tell you where their hair is, ears, nose, hair, mouth, arms, toes and feet. Meagan likes to tell people bye bye and waves at them and Natalie likes to blow kisses.
Friday, I took the girls to a twins playdate at Marcy's in the morning. They got into all her toys inside and outside. They liked playing in the pool of balls the best, so cute!! We left there after two hours and came home and our grass that we ordered for the backyard was being delivered. We came inside and had lunch and then nap and while they were napping, Daddy came home to start putting our grass in the backyard. I helped him a little while the girls napped. He did that the rest of the day, while I was inside with the girls. After he was done, he came inside to play!
Saturday, I made French Toast for everyone and Grandma came over to help Daddy lay the rest of the grass in the backyard. That took all morning, past lunch time. Grandma headed home and Daddy and I headed to Houston to go to Natasha's 4th birthday party. The girls kept Daddy and I busy the whole time, we really didn't get a chance to talk to friends that much. We didn't want them to run into the street!! They both got to ride the pony and a little barrel train. They sat in it together all by themselves, what big girls!! Natalie didn't want to get out, she wanted to ride it again, so she rode it with Halle. Meagan saw them in the barrel together across the lawn and ran all the way over to them. We think she was wondering why she wasn't in there with her sister because they are always together, it was cute! We all even got to meet little baby Thad for the first time, he is a little cutie pie. Looks just like Natasha did when she was born. We said bye to everyone and then headed out of town. We stopped to have dinner at Willie's and then headed home. It was a fun, but long day!
Sunday, they turned 16 months old today!!! I got the girls up and fed and then I had to wake up Daddy because he had to watch them while I went to church. After church, I stayed afterwards and helped volunteer to sell Catholic books. I bought a pecan pie while I was there. I came home and then Grandma came over and she played with the girls and brought them a Thanksgiving book. Natalie and Grandma of course read the color book over and over, Natalie just loves to learn!! We put the girls down for nap and ate lunch and then we helped each other with the flowerbeds in the backyard. Grandma did most of the work and it looks great!! Our backyard is an actual backyard now!!! Now the girls can play outside at home, so excited!!! The girls got up after we finished and Grandma got them up. She helped us take their 16 month pictures to. Grandma headed home and us four stayed home and hung out as a family, playing. We had a great week!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment