Monday, December 27, 2010

Merry Christmas Natalie and Meagan!

Monday, Dec. 20th, we stayed home all day. I didn't feel the greatest and I was tired. I napped when the girls napped! :) After nap, we went outside and played on the swing. The weather was beautiful, warm day. Came in and played and ate dinner and then it was time for Daddy to get home. We all played in our bedroom and had fun just goofing around. I was getting ready to go to the movies. Natalie saw Santa gifts in our closet, she pointed at them and smiled. I hurried up and closed the door!!! Daddy stayed with the girls and I went to the movies to see 'How Do You Know' with Twins Group. It was cute. I then went to Target. When I got home Daddy told me that Meagan likes to look at our family photo book for them and likes to go to Opa's page and say 'There.' She loves her Opa that is for sure. Natalie would try to turn the page, but Meagan wouldn't let her, she wanted to look at Opa.
Tuesday, we stayed home again all day, it was 80 degrees outside, nice. Meagan found Elf on the Shelf (Elbert) all by herself this morning. She found the Opa picture again. Natalie will point to Oma, Opa and Grandma's pictures. We had a fun day at home. After nap, we played outside. Came back in to play. I love when the girls come to sit with me to read a book or eat their snack. Daddy came home during dinner for the girls. We dressed them in their A&M gear and then Daddy and I got food from Panda Express and I ran into World Market real fast. Then we took the girls to their first A&M Mens Basketball game. We had fun, didn't stay too long, but we had a great time. I followed Meagan all the way around Reed Arena and Daddy followed Natalie. Meagan just ran the whole way and Natalie walked and would stop to look at things. When we were watching the game, both girls would clap when everyone else did, too cute! We came home!
Wednesday, we stayed home all day and I made cookies for tonight. I took a nap again when the girls did, I'm so tired this week. We all got ready for Natasha's Christmas Party. I took the girls to Natasha's house and talked with Natasha, Brandon and some of their kids and Kelly, Mike and their kids and Crystal, Steven and little Caden. When we were going to start eating Daddy came over. Natalie gave Caden a kiss and hug. We all ate and talked. They all gave us gifts, they were too sweet. Girls got a lamb and a pig that have scents in them. Daddy and I even got presents. We had a great time with good friends. We had a great time visiting and we came home afterwards. After we put the girls down, we wrapped the rest of the presents we had, while we listened to Christmas music.
Thursday, I played with the girls in the morning, I let Daddy sleep in. After he got up, he played with us. During their nap today, I went to get a hair cut and went to Hobby Lobby and Daddy put together the girls Christmas Present from us, a little tikes home garden for the backyard. After he was done building it, we took the girls outside and they loved it. They went exploring! After they played with it for a while, we went out to eat at Chili's and then we drove to Kathy and Woody's to visit with them and Joey, Kelly, Carson, Wesley, Kristi, Brian, Carter and Kaylee. We had fun watching the bigger kids play. When we got there Natalie kept pushing on Meagan a little bit to get her to come with her to where the toys were. It was funny. She would do it with a big smile on her face. We said bye to them and then we stopped by Grandma's house and came home.
Friday, played with girls around the house in the morning and I packed a bag for them. Daddy watched them while I did that. We headed to Grandma's house and got there a little before Celeste, Kelly, Cade and Terrell did. We fed them lunch and then everyone showed up. The girls played with Cade a little bit and then it was time for them to take a nap. While they napped, I helped cook soup with Celeste for dinner tonight. Girls got up and played and I fed them dinner a little early. It started pouring down rain. We all went to Church at 6pm (we all got wet from the rain), including Great Grandpa. During the service, Natalie stayed the whole time in church, while Cade and Meagan were taken down stairs to play with Celeste and Daddy. Natalie did such a good job in church. She stayed by Kelly and Grandma most of the time and even Mr. Evans held her during the candle lighting. We came back to Grandma's and gave the girls a bath. Cade was tired, so they put him to bed right away. After the girls bath, I read them 'Twas the Night Before Christmas' while they had their milk and then we put some cookies out for Santa (they ate some of the cookie). We put them to bed and the rest of us stayed up and got gifts ready for tomorrow. We said goodnight and Daddy and I came home and Grandad came and stayed with us.
Saturday, we got up early and Grandad followed us to Grandma's. When we got there, we all went into Grandma's room to wait for everyone to show up. Cade happened to already see all the presents under the tree from Santa, so it was hard for him to wait. When everyone was there, we all went to the livingroom and Cade and the girls got to play with their gifts from Santa. They even had goodies in their stockings. Natalie and Meagan got little Minne Mouses, a teeter tooter, a yellow and red car and Rody's, Sing-a-Migs, etc. We had a great time watching the kiddos play with their new toys. While they played with their new toys, I made a toffee dessert for later on tonight for dinner. At lunch time, Bill, Margie, Alex, Morgan, Allison, Great Grandpa and Janet came over for that side of the family Christmas. We had fun visiting and got a couple of gifts. Great Uncle Dexter wasn't there, but he always gives funny gifts. Everyone ended up leaving and we put the girls down for a nap. Terrell left to go pick up Bryan from the airport. After their nap, we gave them a snack and we went to visit Susan, Tara, Brian, Robert and Doc for a little bit. Trey and Melani had already left, but they had some presents for the girls. They got them each a black and red dress and got us some cookies. It was good to see them. The girls were being themselves around them. We went back to Grandma's after an hour there and then Terrell and Bryan showed up. We went ahead and fed the girls first and after they ate, everyone else ate at the table. Yummy food, ham and all the good stuff. Even had the dessert I made, it turned out really good (Celeste decorated the top with a Hersey syrup Christmas Tree). We all got a present at the table, we got books and the girls got flashcards. After we ate, we did the dishes really fast and then it was time for the kiddos to open their presents from all of us. The girls got clothes, books, toys, jewelry, puzzles, toy cars, animals, toy train, etc. They had a great time opening the gifts, especially Natalie. Meagan wasn't into the opening of the presents as much, she just wanted to play with the toys. After they all opened their gifts, we got them ready for bed and put them down. The grown ups were going to start with our Christmas, but Cade kept coming to peek at us, so we finally gave in and he came downstairs and hung out with us. He had fun with us. We all got great presents to! What a wonderful Christmas Day we had!! We all spent the night here tonight!!
Sunday, we had to get up early, so we could all get dressed and ready to drive to Lufkin. We headed out after the kiddos had breakfast. The cars were frozen outside because it froze over night. Kelly, Celeste, Cade, Terrell and Bryan followed Daddy, the girls and I to Grammie's house in Lufkin. We had our Christmas there with Betty, Grammie, Dana and Cody. We had fun, a couple of us even won $$ on some lottery tickets. The girls got some cool presents like a mudpie maker for outside, jewelry, clothes, a princess tent, bath toys, a soft lullaby and goodnight book, a puppy house that had five puppies sticking out of it, etc.! We had a great time visiting, it was a short visit, but fun. We talked about our Vegas trip coming up! We all loaded up and Dana and Cody followed us over to Granny's house. We met Grandad there and Mike. We went ahead and had our Christmas with Grandad and Granny. Grandad got the girls two dune buggie little four wheeler toys. The girls loved them, they are kind of scared when they get on them, but love that they control that it goes. Natalie cracks herself up after she pushes the button, she makes it go for a little bit and then stops it, so she can laugh. Really funny. Great Aunt Carolyn and Kate came with some Mexican food for lunch and Dan and Barbara came shortly after that. We all had lunch and visited. Mike's parents came over with Chris after while and Adam did to. We had the kiddos open the presents from Granny, Carolyn and Barbara next. They got two Ladybug pillows (Barbara), a home learning center (Carolyn)and a two and one activity center that has blocks and some other activities on it (Granny). The girls enjoyed playing with Cade's Batman toy he got from Grandad!! :) We had a great time!! It was so good to see everyone, it had been a while!! Around 5:30pm we said our goodbyes and headed out and drove back to Grandma's. She had soup waiting for us. We fed the girls and bathed them. We let them play a little later because they had just gotten a lot of sleep in the car. We put them to bed. I helped with the dishes and then Daddy and I headed home to sleep in our bed!!! We had such a great Christmas with my family last weekend and Daddy's family this weekend. We are truly blessed to be around such wonderful, loving people! We love you all!!! Thanks for everything thing that you do!!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment