Tuesday, February 15, 2011

'Oh No' and 'Cookie'

Monday, Feb. 7th, we stayed home all day and played. I got to sleep in a little bit while Oma and Opa took care of the girls. Opa was helping Natalie put a drum on her head and she would walk around with a big smile. She thought it was so funny! They headed out in the morning and then it was the girls and I the rest of the day. It is always good to visit with Oma and Opa. Daddy came home this evening and he watched the girls tonight while I went to my twins meeting and grocery shopping. I got a lot of free clothes and some shoes and books at the meeting. Meagan has started saying 'Oh Man' along with the 'Oh No's'.
Tuesday, I woke up this morning hearing Meagan saying 'Oh No' 'NO NO NO'. I found out it was because Natalie had taken a bunch of clothes out of the top drawer of her dresser that is right by her crib. All the clothes was in her crib, she has been into trying to put clothes on her legs lately. She helped me put them back in the dresser and then I got them dressed and we played. Both girls like to try to put shoes on themselves to. The girls love to play on the couch and chair. They love looking at the books I got last night at the meeting. They colored and I am impressed, they color on objects all the time, so they know where they are supposed to color. We all napped today and when we got up, we had some Valentine books from Aunt Terrell in the mail. We read them and then we went outside to play, it is starting to get cold again. Daddy watched the girls again tonight, while I went to meet Grandma, Janet, Margie, Kathy and Sissy for dinner and then Margie rode with me to meet everyone else to see The Color Purple play. It was really cute. I liked it. Came home and Daddy told me that Meagan hit Natalie on the head again, only once. She hasn't do it in a couple of days, so maybe the stage is wearing off, but it hasn't been that bad at all.
Wednesday, it was super cold today, so we of course stayed in all day. Girls colored twice today and we had a very relaxing day. Natalie likes to ride on our backs, she gets a little up set when she has to get off. The hallway in our house is the girls favorite place to play. They spin around in there and play with balls and cars down the hallway. I cooked dinner (deer sausage, yum) for all of us and we all ate together.
Thursday, it was still really cold outside, but the sun came out, so it warmed up a little. Daddy slept in a little today and the girls and I played. Daddy went to work late today. During nap, Meagan woke up, so I rocked her back to sleep, it was sweet. I usually don't do that because she will fall back to sleep on her own, but I'm glad I did today, it was a sweet moment. After their nap, I got them up and we headed to their first Valentine's party with friends. I helped them put a couple of heart stickers on their bags, but they were more into the toys they got to play with. After they played a little bit, they got to each decorate heart shaped cupcakes and then they ate a little bit of them. There was a good turn out at Kelly's for the party. It was fun. The girls drank out of juice boxes and they got a couple of sweet Valentine's. We said goodbye and headed out to get some food at Layne's and took the food to a new mom with twins and then we came home. It was a long trip because of the traffic. I fed the girls and Daddy helped me get them ready for bed. Daddy cooked our dinner and we ate and watched a movie together. We had a great day.
Friday, we stayed at home all day and I packed some items for Meagan because she was going to stay with Grandma tonight. I drove with both girls over to Grandma's and Daddy came over to. We told Meagan bye and then Grandma distracted her with the microwave and us three stood outside the door and heard Meagan say 'Oh No Oh No' because she could see us. Grandma said she looked around for a little bit and then came back to Grandma. They had a great time tonight and they got to snuggle. I took my car and Daddy took the truck with Natalie. They went to Chick-fil-a and had dinner and Daddy let Natalie play in the jungle gym there. He said that she wouldn't come back down, so he had to help her down. He said it was quiet without Meagan around. When they got home, he gave her a bath and they played and he also gave her cookies and milk. He said that when he showed her the little cookie monster from Sesame Street, she would say 'Cookie' in a cookie monster voice. Too cute! While all this was going on, I had a girls night out with Crystal and Natasha. We ate at Olive Garden and ate and talked. It was good and fun. Then we had some time before our movie started, so we went to Star Bucks and talked. Then we went to the movies to see 'No Strings Attached'. It was really cute. We had a great time.
Saturday, I got up and took care of Natalie. It is weird just taking care of one of my babies!! She ate and then she wanted to color. I moved her highchair in the hallway, so she could color and watch me put on makeup. We got Daddy up and loaded up the car and headed to Grandma's. When we were getting out of the car, Grandma and Meagan came outside and Meagan was so excited, she started running towards us and then fell. She was embarrassed! We went inside and Meagan showed us how she played with the little people house and she knew how to put the car in the garage and then close the garage door. We then all loaded up in Daddy's truck and Grandma sat in the back of the truck with the girls. We drove to Celeste, Kelly and Cade's house and Cade was excited to see us and we were excited to see him. Played with Cade and Grandma gave all the grandchildren their Valentine gifts. The girls got some books and clothes and cards that sing. Kelly got us all lunch from a Mexican food restaurant, so we all sat and at lunch together. After we put the kids in their beds to sleep, Celeste, Grandma and I headed to the mall to go shopping. Daddy said that Cade didn't sleep long and the girls didn't sleep at all. He played with all of them and took them outside. We shopped for outfits for ourselves and Cade and the girls. We went back to Celeste's and gave Daddy a break. The girls liked to go up and down the stairs. We took the kids upstairs and played in Cade's playroom, they had a ball. Celeste made us dinner and we all ate together again. The kids didn't eat very much today. We loaded back up and headed home. We had a great time visiting. We put the girls to bed.
Sunday, I got the girls up and put them in their highchairs in the kitchen and they helped me stir the pancake mix and the eggs. They colored while they watched me cook pancakes, bacon and eggs. The only thing Natalie liked were the pancakes and Meagan liked the pancakes and the bacon. I ate with them and saved some for Daddy to eat later. After breakfast we played with their cars in the hallway and they liked spinning there to. Daddy got up and ate and played. Around lunch time, we put the girls in their stroller and we walked to our neighborhood park. The girls played on the playscape and then Daddy and I swung the girls in the swings. They went down the slide and then we had a picnic lunch. Natalie liked the peanut butter sandwich, but Meagan would not eat it for some reason. They also had chips and milk. We ate a sandwich to. We then walked to the pond because we were going to fed the ducks, but they weren't there, so we just threw some bread to the fish and then we also threw rocks in the water. It was fun. We just had to make sure they didn't get in the water. We walked back home and put them down for a nap. They napped really good! I had to wake them up! We stayed home the rest of the day, except for Daddy who went to the grocery store and also got me some flowers for Valentine's Day tomorrow. We had a wonderful week!

No comments:

Post a Comment