Monday, April 18, 2011

Kate and Cody's Wedding Weekend!




Monday, April 11th, we played at home all day and we went to the neighborhood park with sand toys. They played with the sand and the stroller mostly. We walked back home and had lunch and then a little later it was nap time. They both didn't take a nap. Gave them snack and then we played in the backyard with their new toys. I hid a couple of plastic Easter Eggs for them to find for some practice for tonight. They played in the sandbox and on the swings and slide. We came inside and started getting ready for the 1st Annual Twins Club Easter Egg Hunt. Once we were ready Grandma came over and helped to get them in the car and then Daddy came home and went with us. We drove to the park and all the twins and kids were playing on the play scape. I was taking with someone and then Meagan ran up and spanked me again like she did last night. She is so goofy. Next it was time for the Easter Egg Hunt and Daddy helped Meagan find some eggs and Grandma helped Natalie find some eggs. Everyone got six eggs a piece. I was taking pictures and doing the video taping. They did good about picking up the eggs when they saw one. We sat all the twins down together and all the kids got to open some of their eggs and eat some candy. Went back to the pavilion to have a cupcake. We said goodbye to everyone and then all of us went to eat at Tony Romas for dinner. Natalie kept climbing out of her booster and then back in, she was being a little toot. Meagan just played with my phone, so she sat pretty good. The food was really good, but there was so much of it!! We left and came home. Grandma went to her house and we got the girls ready for bed!
Tuesday, I had to do laundry all day, so we stayed home all day. We played outside and for nap time today, the girls actually went to sleep by themselves! I was so happy!!! After nap, I took them outside again and they played with the balls, rolling them down the slide and swinging them in the swings. We still had the big boxes from the new outside toys, so they slid on those too. Daddy came home and played with them. He gave them a bath tonight and they were being so goofy. They would stand up and look at each and laugh and then sit down real fast and then do it all over again. It was cute because they were cracking up at each other!!

Wednesday, when I went to get the girls up, they were awake, but both still in their beds. They were so happy this morning. I was cleaning up their room a little and Natalie came back in with her blanket and a baby doll. She wrapped up the baby in her blanket and then put the baby in her bed. I told Meagan to go get hers, so she brought her baby doll in and Natalie helped her put the blanket on her doll and put it in Meagan's bed. She was smiling so big the whole time she was doing it. It was so sweet! They played outside in the backyard and then we came in for lunch. Amy came by to drop off the CD's with the pictures on it from Grandma's 60th birthday. I then put the girls in their room for nap and they both napped again. Natalie only napped for a little bit today though. After nap we when to Grandma's house and played outside. Grandma came home, so we went inside for a little bit. Then we left and met Grandma over at Great Grandpa's house. Great Grandpa rode in his scooter and the girls in their stroller and we all walked to Dairy Queen to have dinner and Daddy met us there. They would give Great Grandpa high fives. We all walked back to Great Grandpa's house and said goodnight and then I took the girls back to Grandma's house and we stayed the night there. We watched a little bit of Toy Story before bed, so Meagan laid on Daddy and Natalie cuddled with me. We took them upstairs to the green room and that is where they slept for the night. It was the first time they had slept upstairs at Grandma's!

Thursday, (Meagan and Natalie's 21 Month Birthday) played with Grandma a little bit and then they had breakfast. We followed Daddy to drop off his truck on the dealership and then took him to work. Then the girls and I headed to The Woodlands Mall to meet up with Aunt Celeste and Aunt Terrell. We walked around and they went into some shops. I took the girls to get their picture taken with the Easter Bunny. I also took the girls to play in the little play area for a little while, while Celeste and Terrell shopped. Then we all had lunch in the Food Court. Then we all went to buy Cade and the girls some shoes and the girls were going crazy with the shoes. They loved trying them on and they loved the crocks!! I got Cade his birthday present (Batman Shirt with a cape and Batman Crocks). I also bought the girls their first pair of crocks (one pair purple and one red) and some sparkly All Stars that are one pair pink and one pair white. It was a fun 'Girls Day'. Celeste and Terrell went to Court and I took the girls to Celeste's house for a nap. Meagan took one, but Natalie didn't. Terrell and Celeste came home and then the girls and I followed them to Cade's school for his 3rd Birthday Party there. I left because I didn't think they would let me bring the girls in, but got a text from Terrell on my way out that it was okay, so I brought them back and we got to see all the kids playing in Batman Masks. Cade came and gave me a hug also and was happy to see Meagan and Natalie. They were a little unsure of all the kids in masks though. One little boy kept 'growling' at Natalie over and over with his mask on. She didn't like it!! Natalie stayed with Terrell the whole time and Meagan watched and played with some toys. We said bye to Cade, Celeste and Terrell and I took the girls back to Grandma's house. We played outside and inside and Grandma came home and fed the girls some dinner. We came home and got the girls ready for bed and Daddy got us something to eat for dinner. I went grocery shopping for this weekend. I came home and I checked on the girls and Natalie had fallen out of bed, she was sleeping on the floor. I got Daddy to get her up and he messed with her a little bit to be funny, but all Natalie did was put her blanket over her head, meaning leave me along!! Daddy says that she gets that from me, she doesn't want to be messed with while she sleeps!!

Friday, Daddy went to work for a little bit. I called St. T A back because they called yesterday about the girls getting Enrolled at their school for the next school year. I am so excited that they will be going to school for part time after they are two. It is going to be great. I took the girls to a park for a little bit to play and went to get some gas. I got the girls packed and got all of our stuff loaded into the truck. Grandma and Daddy came while I had the girls playing outside in the front yard. We got everything else loaded and then we headed towards Fort Worth. Once we were there, we unloaded everything and got Cade and the girls settled into Grandma's room because she was going to babysit all the kiddos tonight. I went to get ready and we made sure Grandma was okay with all of them. They loved running in the hallway to play!! Daddy, Kelly, Bryan and I rode together to the rehearsal dinner for Kate and Cody. It was at The Lonesome Dove, which was really good. My favorite was the Lobster Hushpuppies!! I also got the Redfish, which was great and Daddy ate Elk for some reason! All of Grandad's side of the family was there, so it was good to visit with everyone. After the rehearsal dinner, we came back to the hotel.
Saturday, I got up to help Grandma and see how she was doing. She said she had a great time with all the kids last night. We took them all down to eat some breakfast together and they ate pretty good. Aunt Celeste came down and ate with us too. The girls and Cade were playing on the furniture together. We took them back up to the room and Daddy came and ate his breakfast with us in the room. The kiddos were playing on the bed and with their toys. I went to get ready for the bridal luncheon and when I was done, I helped get the girls and Cade ready for the zoo. All of the guys and Meagan and Natalie were going to the Fort Worth Zoo, while Dana, Celeste, Terrell and I all went to the Bridal Luncheon. Grandma then got time to rest while we were all gone. Daddy said they all had a great time at the zoo. Cade's favorite animal was the White Tiger and Daddy said the girls just liked everything. I bet they did have a great time! The Luncheon was really nice and the food was fantastic. It was good to just relax with everyone too. We all came back to the hotel and rested for a little bit and then I took Terrell, Dana and Celeste to the Country Club, so they could all get ready. I came back to the hotel and that is when all the men and the girls came back from the zoo. Everyone took naps and then we all got ready for the wedding. I rode to the wedding with Cade, Meagan, Natalie and Kelly. Daddy, Grandma, Cody and Bryan followed us. The girls did pretty good during the ceremony, but Daddy took Meagan outside anyway, then Grandma took Natalie and Kelly took Cade. That left me, Grammie, Grandad and Cody inside. Everyone looked so pretty in the wedding. We all went to the reception afterwards and Grandma and I took the girls to the locker room to change diapers, but only had one diaper in the bag, so we only got to change Meagan. Natalie was okay though. Both girls were having fun playing in the mirrors!! We went upstairs to the reception and found a table and the dancing started, so both Natalie and Meagan went straight for the dance floor and danced. Cade went too!! He didn't really dance at first, but then he started to tap his foot. It was cute. Then both girls tried to break dance like all the other little boys were doing. They got on the floor and laid down and started to make circles on the floor. It was too cute. We fed the kiddos and we all had some cake and danced some more. We decided to head to the hotel with everyone at about 10:30pm. I really think that is the latest the girls have ever stayed up! Meagan and Natalie spent the night with Grandma again. Daddy and I helped her get them ready. She said that they fell asleep really fast! We had a great time with family! Sunday, I got up and packed up our room and then went to get myself some breakfast. I brought some breakfast to Grandma and the girls to eat in their room. I hung out in the room with them while Grandma got ready and I packed for them. Cade came over for a little bit and all the kids played on the bed again, Meagan and Cade mostly. Natalie just wanted to put Cade's Batman shoes on. She is just in love with shoes. Celeste, Kelly, Terrell, Bryan and Cade all headed over to Chucky Cheese and then Grandad, Cody and Granny followed Daddy, Grandma and myself over there after we were all packed up. It was a fun birthday party. Cade's other side of the family was there as well, it was good to see them. Lisa and Jill also came! The girls loved playing in the little rides. Lisa and Daddy helped me watch them and had fun with them. We got to sing Happy Birthday to Cade with Chucky and he got a crown. He also got to go into the ticket blowing machine with Masiey to catch some tickets. It was cute, he caught some by his mouth and didn't let go of them!! He is becoming such a big boy!! :) We all played some more and of course ate and had cupcakes. His theme was Transformers this year!! After having so much fun, it was time to say goodbye to everyone. What a great time we had this weekend, it is always fun to get together with family! Before we left Chucky Cheese, we had to change Meagan's poopie diaper on the tailgate of Daddy's truck, yuck. It was funny! We can Natalie next. Then Grandma, the girls, Daddy and I all headed back home. We had a lot of stuff to unpack!!! I talked to Oma and Aunt Tara to tell them about the fun weekend! We took the girls to play outside and Daddy was swinging both girls. He went inside for a second and I let Natalie out of her swing. When he came back outside I was going to show him a wasp nest he needed to spray, but right when I was doing that Natalie got hit on the lip with Meagan's foot from the swing, so she busted her lip open!! :( She was a tough girl though, she only cried for a second!! We took care of it and then she was good as new. We had Chinese Food delivered and ate and then it was time to get ready for bed. Everyone was exhausted!

No comments:

Post a Comment