Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Father's Day!!!






Monday, June 13th, Grandad headed out when Daddy went to work. Then I got the girls ready and we went to a play date over at Joy's house. They were both being kind of whiny and little toots, but they got better once we were there a little while. Joy, JoAnna, Laura and Ali all took our kids outside to play in the water and little pool. Meagan and Natalie both didn't play with the water long, they both wanted to play in the sandbox instead. We all came inside after about an hour and I laid some towels on the floor to change the girls and then fed them lunch on the floor too. We had a little picnic! They played a little more and then I brought them home to take a nap. After their nap, we all got ready for the Brazos Valley Bombers Baseball game. Daddy came home and we headed out to the game. We met some of the Twins Group there with their families to eat dinner and play some kid games. Girls liked the bounce house the best. I even helped them with holding a bat for the first time to hit a ball. Daddy, the girls and I headed over to Customer Service and followed a lady to the baseball field. I was getting to throw the first pitch. Also throwing after me was Rico and Raini Rodrigez. Rico plays Manny on 'Modern Family' and Raini has been in some movies and on the Disney Channel. So that was the first time for the girls to meet some famous people. I did pretty good on my first pitch, but it did hop in the dirt once. We went to play some more games after I threw the ball and then we sat with everyone to watch the game for a bit. We didn't stay long because the girls are still a little too busy, but it was fun. We took them to the bounce house one more time. When they were in there, a train went by and was really loud. Meagan got out of the bounce house right away and looked kind of scared. Natalie got out and went with Daddy to go look at the train. We went to get Rico and Raini's autographs and then we came home. We all had a great time!

Tuesday, 23 months old today, we spent the day at home and did laundry. Took the girls outside to play ball, sandbox, swings and slide. Both girls like to talk on the fake phone outside. We came in and relaxed. After nap today they had snack and then I took them outside again with just their diapers and played in the sprinkler a little and then I swung them. We came in and then had left overs for dinner. Daddy came home and I mowed the yard while he played with the girls. After I was done, he brought them outside to play on the new (used) bikes that Joy let us have yesterday. They still can't reach the petals, so Natalie gets kind of frustrated. Daddy took them inside and bathed them, while I finished up outside. We put them to bed. Good day!

Wednesday, I took the girls to the Bryan Library for the Juneteenth Carnival. It was okay, they really didn't have too much for younger kids to do, but we did a couple of things. They did do a couple of crafts, like coloring and making a bracelet out of Fruit Loops. We left there and went to the Recycling Center to drop off some cardboard. I got myself some tea and then came home. We had lunch and a nap. This afternoon, we all played in the new little pool and sprinkler outside and of course the hose. They love to play with the hose. We came inside and played a little bit and then Daddy came home. We had dinner and played!

Thursday, I hosted a Twins Play date at my house this morning. Laura, Joy and JoAnna brought their kiddos over to play. We all played inside first and then we took the kids outside to play in the little pool and the sprinkler. Natalie kept spraying the adults with the giraffe head that is attached to the pool. It was too funny! Meagan was being just a little fussy again today. It was a fun play date and everyone headed out around 12:30! I fed the girls some lunch and I thought they would have taken a nap right away today, it took them awhile to go to sleep. After nap, we played and then had dinner. After dinner, I took them to our neighborhood pool to go swimming. We went to the kiddie part first and I put life jackets on them for the first time. It was funny. Then we went to the deeper part and I took the life jackets off and they practiced using the ladder to get in and out. They also took turns jumping into the water to me. Meagan would get out and turn in circle and then fall on the ground. It was funny! She would also dance to the music. She also threw just a tiny fit and laid on the ground and the lifeguard asked if she was okay, lol!! They also enjoyed going down the slide with my help. We stayed for about an hour and then headed home. Meagan pooped on the way home, so we took her bathing suit off in the front yard and Daddy was there to help. We sprayed her off and then took them inside to bathe them. Fun times!!

Friday, we relaxed this morning and then JoAnna sent a text asking if we wanted to come over, so I got the girls ready and we headed over to JoAnna's house to play with Haven and Harrison. They played with their toys and then I just put them in a diaper and we took them outside to play with the water and sandbox. They were having a great time! When we came back into her house, I had to take the girl's diapers off. Natalie peed inside her house, I felt so bad, but cleaned it up really good!! :) We fed the kiddos lunch there and then they played a little more while we chatted. We headed out and I got some Chicken Express Tea and then came home. I put the girls down for a nap and packed for our weekend trip to Fredericksburg. Once they were awake, which they took a long nap, I loaded up and fed them snack. We headed over to Grandma's house to meet up with Daddy. We got Daddy and then headed to Oma and Opa's house. When we turned onto the road to their house, Meagan got excited because she knew where we were and we didn't even have to tell her. It was around 9:30 when we got there, but we let the girls stay up to play with Oma and Opa for a little while. Oma bathed them and had a great time. We put them to bed around 11pm.


Saturday, the girls slept in a little later than usual and Oma and Opa got them up! I got up shortly after and had breakfast with them. I got Daddy up a little bit later. We all we to Stonewall to the Peach Jamboree!! :) We watched a parade and the girls had so much fun picking up candy!! Then we took them to a little kids craft area and they got to paint for the first time. They painted little flower pots and even got to plant a flower seed. We even did spin art on a paper and a Frisbee and went to a petting zoo area. We got some peaches to eat and a snow cone (banana flavored), wet bandannas to cool off. Natalie got her face painted for the first time and her knees. Meagan just got her knees painted! :) Opa went to get some BBQ for us to eat for lunch. The rest of us headed out and Opa met us by the car. We went back to their house to eat. We put the girls down for their nap. We did the dishes and relaxed a little bit. Daddy and Opa went into town to get Opie and to look at some farm equipment. Oma and I took the girls to Travis' High School Graduation party. We got to see Bernice, Robert, Agnes, Betty Ann, Dennis, Kim, Stan and a couple more family members. Daddy and Opa came later. We ate snacks and the girls ate a bunch of sweets. Daddy took the girls to the playground for a little bit too. They had fun eating and running around. We headed out from there and went back to Opa and Oma's. Oma started making dinner and Betty Ann came over and then Omie and Opie and then Tara and Jason. We had a nice little group there. I got to talk to Omie a bunch! We all ate dinner and Daddy gave the girls a bath. Everyone enjoyed watching them play. While everyone was still there, Daddy and I said our goodbyes and then we got to go see a movie 'Super 8'. It was cute! We had a good time! We came home and Opa was still awake! He said the girls went to sleep late again, but that is okay, they are having a blast!

Sunday, Father's Day, Oma and Opa got the girls up around normal time and Tara and Jason came back over. I got up shortly after they came over. Oma made breakfast for everyone and we all ate. Daddy got up to eat with us too! The girls woke him up with hugs on Father's Day. We all just pretty much watched the girls play and took them outside a little to play. Oma stayed in the kitchen pretty much all morning getting breakfast and lunch ready for us. Meagan and Natalie both loved getting so much attention. Natalie used her 'please' a lot and 'more' to get things she wanted from everyone else! Meagan was being her normal goofy self! Gosh we love them so much!!! :) Before we ate lunch, we put the girls in their bathing suits and let the girls hold the hose to fill up an old water trough that Opa had cleaned out. Meagan had the hose first and Jason was standing close to her, so she got Jason's shorts all wet. It was funny. Natalie got to play with the hose next and got Meagan all wet. Once there was water in the trough, Meagan got in to play pouring water. Natalie waited until Meagan got out to get in. They had fun pouring water on the porch, plants and chairs. We had a great time watching them. Earlier they also had fun doing 'Ring 'Round the Rosie' holding each others hands. After the fun play, we went inside to eat Fajitas that Opa grilled and Oma made all the other fixings. It was a great lunch. Tara and Jason left shortly after that and then we loaded up our things. We said our goodbyes and we headed to Grandma's house. We had such a great time in Fredericksburg. On our trip, we stopped to get gas and also for Natalie to get a chance to use poopoo. Poor thing, she has issues sometimes!! :( We finally got to Grandma's and Daddy went to the store to get us some dinner. He grilled pork chops and sausage for us to eat. We had a yummy dinner. Grandma came home a little while after that from her trip with her college friends. She got the girls some T-shirts, animal balls and us some fudge. We were all happy that she made it back safely!! We headed home and I bathed the girls. Daddy unloaded and helped me! :) What a great Father's Day!! I know Daddy can't wait for tons more!!

No comments:

Post a Comment