Friday, July 15th, we stayed at home packing for our trip while Daddy was at work. In the afternoon, we drove to Grandma's house and Grandma and Daddy met us there and we packed a little more. Eddie, Michelle, Tyler and Trevor met us there and we said bye to Grandma. We started on our trip towards Gulf Shores, AL. Around 12:30am we made it to Baton Rouge, LA. This is the first time the girls have been out of Texas, they were asleep when we past into Louisiana.
Saturday, we got up and had breakfast at the hotel and then packed up again and we drove to Biloxi, MS and had lunch with Eddie and his crew at a Chili's. The girls were awake when we passed the LA/MS state lines. We headed out again and we drove through some bad rain and the traffic was horrible in Mobile, AL pretty much all the way to the beach. We finally made it to the Sanibel condo around dinner time and Joey, Kelly, Carson and Wesley were already there. We unpacked and ordered pizza for dinner. We are on the highest floor (18th floor) and have a wonderful view of the beach. The condo was bigger than our house and it was so beautiful and clean. There was a rainbow over the water this evening! The kiddos played on the beds when we first got there and then during the whole trip Carson would always hold the girls hands if we were walking somewhere and he would give them High Fives. Wesley was just goofy, made us laugh. Tyler was so playful with the girls and giving them hugs the whole time. He had fun chasing them around the condo and the girls loved it to. Trevor loved playing with all the toys, especially the balls, kicking and throwing them around. We had a great group of kiddos for our trip!!
Sunday, it rained all during the day, so we stayed in most of the day. I loved waking up and seeing the beautiful view of the water. The kids played with all the toys and watched cartoons. In the morning, Michelle and I went grocery shopping for the week. We ran into a little bit of traffic, we made it back for lunch time, so we fed the kiddos some grilled cheese sandwiches. After lunch, it was nap time, so we put the girls down and Daddy and I both took naps to. We were all tired from driving yesterday. After our nap, we got ready for dinner and Eddie and his crew followed us to Calypso Joes to eat. It wasn't raining anymore, so we sat outside to eat. Joey and his crew met us there a little later to eat with us also. It was a cute place! They were playing music, the girls got to feed some fish in the bay by the big yachts and they got to watch hermit crabs race. Natalie even won a prize on one of the games. She got a flower bracelet and the lady also gave Meagan one to. Natalie also rode on the little carousal horses. After dinner, Eddie and his crew followed us to drive to Florida and took pictures in Florida just so we could say our kids when to Florida on this trip to. We then met back up with Joey and his crew at Adventure Island and Daddy got to ride a Go-Kart with Carson. We just got to watch and the girls rode on a couple of tiny rides. We watched Carson, Wesley and Tyler in the Hurricane blower, which was funny! Daddy and I took the girls through the TCBY drive through to get a shake and some white chocolate moose yogurt, yum. We then went back to the condo. The girls loved the elevators, you could look outside while going up and down. They thought it was so cool.



Monday, it was a beautiful day outside. We met up with Joey and his crew down at the beach in the morning along with Eddie's crew. The girls loved the beach water and the sand!! They had a blast! The girls helped bury Daddy in the sand and sat on him in the sand to take a picture. Then Tyler took a turn and then Wesley. Daddy and I took the girls to the pool and I got their tubes to swim in. Had a great time. We went up to our condo and we took pictures on the balcony and had lunch there again. After their nap, all the families went together to eat dinner at LuLu's (Jimmy Buffet's sister owns this restaurant). There was tons of sand piles for the kids to play on. That was good because we had to wait to eat, so it gave them something to do! I had a yummy crab melt sandwich, it was so good!! After dinner, Daddy and I just took the girls back to the condo to get cleaned up and get ready for bed. Something the girls liked to do was jump from the foot rest by the couch to the couch, Meagan especially. Natalie liked Wesley's Dr. Suess books, especially the Go! Dog! Go! book.
Tuesday, I made some eggs, bacon and biscuits this morning. We then took some of their new floats to the beach this morning and both girls loved floating in the water with Mommy and Daddy. We had them in a good location before the waves would come in. Daddy helped the girls build some sand castles and then they sat in their little fold up chairs and ate a snack. I then helped them make truck shapes in the sand with their new sand toys. We went to the pool to swim and then went up to the condo to bath the girls and Daddy made spaghetti for lunch. Meagan made a huge mess when she ate hers, all over her face!! They took their naps and then for dinner everyone ate at the Shrimp Basket for dinner. While we waited for a table, I took Meagan to a souvenir shop and we looked around. It had a shark mouth opening for the entrance and the place crazy. We all ate our dinner and then Eddie and his crew followed our family to The Wharf. It took us awhile to find it, but we did! There were shops and a big ferris wheel. Daddy and I took the girls to get some Dippin Dots ice cream and then we headed back to the condo.



Wednesday, Daddy went fishing this morning with Eddie and Joey. Michelle and I took our kiddos to the Gulf Shores Zoo. It was a small zoo, but it had tons of monkeys and lemurs. It was really hot there, so we went through the whole zoo in an hour. We were not that impressed with it! It was okay though. We drove around for a little bit and I took the girls to shop at Target. I then brought the girls back to the condo to eat lunch and nap. Daddy was back from fishing. Meagan crawled out of pack-n-play. After nap, the girls wanted to wear Daddies socks, it was super cute, so I took some pictures. We just had hot dogs for dinner tonight. Then all of the families followed Joey to the beach to take our family pictures and a group picture on the beach. It was fun! After the pictures, we took the girls to a souvenir shop and then we found an ice cream parlor and got some milk shakes. We headed back to the condo.


Thursday, Daddy and I took the girls to see their first movie at a movie theater this morning. We saw 'Winnie the Pooh'. The girls were a little wiggly, but they did great. Natalie was a little bit better, but that is what we figured. It was a really cute movie, perfect length for them. We drove to Foley, AL to eat at a restaurant called Lambert's. We had to wait for about an hour, but it was really good homemade food. They are known for their 'Thrown' Rolls'. They will throw hot rolls to you from across the room. Our waitress did a couple of jokes on us to, like acting like she was spilling something or squirting mustard on us. It was fun and cute. The girls each got a balloon to take with us. The girls and Daddy fell asleep in the truck, so I drove past our condo a little ways to see some beach houses and then went back to the condo. We tried to put the girls down again, but they didn't go back to sleep. Daddy and I took the girls to the beach this afternoon for a little bit and then to the pool. Daddy went back to the condo and I stayed and swam with the girls a little more. Joey and his crew joined me at the pool. I took the girls up to the condo and Daddy was about to leave to go meet up with Eddie and his crew to eat dinner out. I stayed in with the girls and fed them there and I ate my leftovers from Lambert's. The girls had fun playing at the condo after their bath and playing with Carson and Wesley. During the night Meagan crawled into bed with Daddy and me. She slept right by me all in the early morning, it was sweet. She had a cough.



Friday, I made the rest of the eggs and then Daddy and I took the girls to the beach with Eddie and his crew. Joey, Eddie and their families walked back to the pool because of the dark clouds, but we kept the girls down there to play in the sand for a little bit and for some pictures. We then walked back up to the pool at the condo and Joey, Eddie and all of them were there swimming, so we swam to. Daddy and I got the girls out of the pool and then we got dressed and ate at Bahama Bob's for lunch. It was raining now, but we still got to sit outside. They had good burgers and my burger was their specialty, it had pineapples on it. We went back to the condo and tried to put the girls down for their nap. Michelle and I left to go get pedicures while the Dads watched the kiddos. We also went to the Boardwalk to look around. I only got a magnet. Daddy said that Meagan didn't sleep at all and she was being a little toot. Both girls also have little coughs. Everyone went to the beach again because the weather was better and we just played in the sand. The girls helped me find some seashells, Natalie liked doing that better than Meagan. Meagan wanted to play in the sand more. We took tons of pictures of the kiddos together and with 'The End' and 'Gulf Shores 2011' written in the sand and also Daddy had the idea to use sticks to spell that out and it turned out really cute. We went back to the condo to start packing because we leave tomorrow. Eddie and his crew went to go shopping and to pick up Daddy and I some Italian Food for dinner. We just fed the girls at the condo. Daddy loaded up the truck with things we didn't need to use anymore and then we put the girls to bed, Meagan kept getting out of her pack-n-play and opening the door. Finally got her to sleep and then Daddy and I sat out on the balcony with Kelly, Joey and Eddie and we talked and looked at the stars and listened to the waves. This was such a nice vacation, we are going to miss it.
Saturday, driving back to Texas day!! We left a little after 8am this morning and Eddie and his crew followed us (Joey and his crew drove out earlier). The girls were awake for all the state crossings this time. We drove through some hard rain again. The girls watched Mickey Mouse the whole trip. We stopped in Hammond, LA at a McDonald's for the girls to run around a little bit and then we met up with Eddie and his crew at Raising Cain's to eat lunch. We hit the road again and the girls took their nap and then we made it to Lake Charles, LA, so we made a pit stop at LaBerge Casino. Eddie and Daddy gambled a little bit, while Michelle, her kids, the girls and I got ice cream. We headed out and followed them to Cleveland, TX to stop to eat at Pizza Hut. We said bye to them because they weren't going to eat there, but we did. We let the girls walk around a bit. We headed to Grandma LaLa's house and got there around 9:30pm, so it was over a 13 hour trip. The girls did really good!! They were so happy to see Grandma and to be out of the truck. We would ask them, "Do you want to go for a ride in the truck?" and they would both say "NO!!" :) They stayed up to play with Grandma for a little bit and slept downstairs with her.
Sunday, Grandma got the girls up, so Daddy and I could sleep for a little bit longer. That was really nice, we needed it!! I got up and went swimming with the girls. Daddy and Grandma had to leave, so I got them out of the pool and fed them lunch. I started packing up and Grandma came back home. She entertained them, while I finished packing. We said bye to her and then came home. The girls were so excited to see their own toys!! We are finally home after a long and fun trip!!! :) We had a great time with our friends!! They are like family!! :)
No comments:
Post a Comment