Both girls seem to really be talking a lot more now. Both love to sing songs in their language still, but their will be some words that are English. Natalie will try to repeat what you say to. It is really cute and I am so happy they are learning so much. Meagan loves to count right now and knows all her letters and numbers to 10. It is from playing on the IPhone I am sure, but me and school to!
Wednesday, December 21, 2011
Christmas Time with Grammie and LaLa!
Dec. 15th, after school, we went over to Nikki's house again, so the girls could play with her daughter, Tally. The girls had fun, Meagan mostly watched Mickey Mouse Club House, while Natalie played with Tally a little bit and made a mess of her room. We said bye and we came home. When Daddy got home, I went to the grocery store and picked up some Cotton Patch to eat, yum!
Dec. 17th, a Saturday, I took the girls over to Joy's house for a Twins Christmas play date. The girls got to play with some of their toys and also got to make ornaments with glitter. It was fun! We had to head out early, but before we left, Joy gave the girls some chocolate marshmallows she made. I brought them home, so Daddy could watch them, while I came to Grandma's house to help Celeste set up for Terrell and Bryan's engagement party. Bryan's parents and brother came over, so we got to visit with them for a bit. Very nice people!! While I was doing that, Uncle Cody hung out with Daddy and the girls at home. I'm sure they just played video games the whole time and had some lunch and a nap. When I came home, the girls were still napping. All of us got dressed and ready for the party tonight. We all rode up to the engagement party together. Meagan and Natalie hung out with Cade all night playing with the IPad and IPhones and playing Grandma's piano. They did such a good job and looked really cute and pretty to. Bryan's brother, Peter and his dad, Dennis, hung out with the kids a lot to and played with them. That was nice. Terrell asked me to be a bridesmaid in a letter and a keepsake handkerchief and Bryan asked Daddy to be a groomsman. The girls were also asked to be flower girls and received little black flower girl tank tops. We are super grateful and excited!! Cade is going to be the ring bear and maybe Hollan will be an Honorary Flower girl. Two big weddings coming up, Aunt Tara's and Aunt Terrell's. It was an awesome party and we got to visit with all of Daddy's families. Aunt Janet gave Daddy and I National Geographic articles from the month and year we were born. Those were neat. Christmas Carolers also came to sing at the door, it was funny! Around 10:45pm Cody rode with us home and Grandad followed us. They spent the night. We had a fun day!!

Dec. 18th, Grammie came to get Cody and then Grandad headed out and then we took the girls over to LaLa's to visit with Terrell, Bryan, Celeste, Kelly, Cade, Hollan, Grammie, Dana, Nick (Dana's boyfriend) and Cody. We ordered pizza for lunch and then we let the kids open presents from Grammie, Dana and Cody. They got some neat things like My Little Pony babies that drink bottles, building blocks, Olivia dress up clothes and DVD, Dolls that are made in Germany, soccer goal with ball and sound, clothes, jewelry, books, matching outfits (shirt and skirt), Arts-N-Crafts flowers and a Princess mirror and little piano. The girls had so much fun opening the presents, they both wanted to play with the first gifts they opened right away. Cade got Batman clothes and had to put that on right away. It was so funny! He wore it the rest of the day. Kelly took Cade and Meagan outside to play for a little bit with Cade's Batman stuff and Natalie stayed inside playing with her My Little Ponies. Too cute. We took some family pictures and we had a great time with Grammie, Dana, Nick and Cody. They headed out soon after that and then I got to watch Hollan while everyone else rested. Daddy went upstairs to nap with the girls, but they didn't want to nap, so he kept Natalie to rest with him and I took Meagan downstairs to where Terrell was napping. A little while later, I was looking at all the gifts the girls got and heard someone upstairs in the bathroom, I thought it was Cade using the restroom. I kept hearing the toilet flush, so I decided to go upstairs and look. It wasn't Cade, it was Meagan. She had put tons of toilet paper in the toilet, so I had to clean that all out. Little stinker! After everyone started getting up, Celeste and Grandma started to make some Sausage Potato soup for dinner and corn bread. While that was cooking, we had our Christmas with Grandma (LaLa). We had a great time. She had stockings for all of us with candy and other neat goodies. We took some family pictures and some of just the little ones together. The girls got to open tons more presents again!! They were having a blast! I could tell Meagan was a little tired since she didn't have a nap. Grandma gave them a tricycle and scooter to share, basketball goal, a toy touch screen, hats, bubbles and some books. Cade and Hollan gave each girl a book. Celeste and Kelly gave the girls blankets that Celeste made herself with a soft material and some of the girls baby clothes. Hoping those will be around for a long time!! It is a very special gift! Terrell and Bryan got the girls some A-Z magnet letters, matching alphabet puzzle pieces, African puppets, pajamas, stacking alphabet blocks and Meagan a God-Child ornament. Tons of presents and we love them all!! Thank you everyone for a wonderful weekend and all the great presents!! All the kiddos got to play with their presents for a bit and then it was time to eat and get ready for bed. After bathing the girls and Kelly and Cade left, we took some pictures of the girls holding Hollan. It was really cute, Natalie really wanted to do it, Meagan just did it because we asked her to. Daddy loaded up the truck and we left shortly after that. We told Grandma thank you for everything and then we came home. We had a great time!
Dec. 19th, we just stayed around the house and ran some errands and went to Wal-Mart. I let the girls put some money into the Salvation Army bucket and the girls got to ring the bell. We came home and stayed the rest of the day. In the evening, I took the girls to the mall and we met Daddy there. The girls played for a little bit and then we had Chick-fil-a for dinner. Then we walked to see the puppy's and Santa (we just waved) and then we found the train. I rode the train with the girls while Daddy went to get a belt. It was fun, it played Christmas music and the girls liked waving a the people. We came home after that.
Dec. 20th, I took the girls to school and gave the teachers their presents. Around noon, I went to their class party lunch with chicken and fries and toast, fruit, etc. The kids in their class are so cute. Before I got there, they did the book exchange, and Natalie got a Curious George Book and Meagan got a cute Texas book. I helped serve juice to all the kids. Natalie tee teed in the potty while I was there. We left and then took some recycling to the recycling center and then mailed some letters. We came home and enjoyed the rest of the day here. Daddy came home later and we ate dinner and played.

Dec. 21st, we found Elbert the Elf like we do every morning and ate some breakfast. Around 10:35am we left for Gymnastics and we gave Coach Barb her present. She said she loved it and that she has a cross wall at her house! Conner's mom invited the girls to his birthday party in January, I thought that was sweet. At the end of class, the girls each got a paper to say how they did for the semester and both Meagan and Natalie got great reports! Coach Barb said today in class that Meagan did some loud screams and would count during class.
Both girls seem to really be talking a lot more now. Both love to sing songs in their language still, but their will be some words that are English. Natalie will try to repeat what you say to. It is really cute and I am so happy they are learning so much. Meagan loves to count right now and knows all her letters and numbers to 10. It is from playing on the IPhone I am sure, but me and school to!
Both girls seem to really be talking a lot more now. Both love to sing songs in their language still, but their will be some words that are English. Natalie will try to repeat what you say to. It is really cute and I am so happy they are learning so much. Meagan loves to count right now and knows all her letters and numbers to 10. It is from playing on the IPhone I am sure, but me and school to!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment