Wednesday, December 28, 2011

It's Time for Christmas!!!




Dec. 22nd, Thursday, I took the girls to school and then came home and started packing for Lufkin. Aunt Terrell came over and then her, Daddy and I met up with Grandma at their school. It was going to be the girls first Christmas Program ever. We watched all the babies get walked around and then toddler and up got to come in and sit with Mary while she talked about the manger. Meagan and Natalie's class were horses. All they had to do was neigh when Mary mentioned horses. Pretty funny. Meagan kept yawning and Natalie kept looking at all of us and she was crying just a little because when they first walked into the room another student accidentally made her fall, she got better though. After the program, we went to their room and got their things and said bye to their teachers. We left and Daddy and Grandma went to work for a little bit and Terrell, the girls and I went to have lunch at BJ's. After lunch, we drove to Navasota and picked up Daddy and we headed to Lufkin. We stopped off at Grandad's first to drop off our things and then to Granny's to say hi and then to Aunt Barbara's and Uncle Dan's. They had a meal for us and all the cousins came over that were in town. We even got to meet baby Lila, who was just adorable. Charlotte told us that she liked Natalie the best and then she told Claire that she could play with the other one (Meagan). It was funny. Daddy went to see a movie with Jason and Chris. I stayed over at Aunt Barbara's with Terrell and Dana and Cody came over to. We opened some presents that they gave to us. Aunt Carolyn gave the girls some connecting blocks and a drawing board with animal stamps and Aunt Barbara gave them some books with a point and go to help them to learn to read. She also gave me a big Santa to decorate with. The girls had fun playing with all the toys. We had a great time! We said goodbye and then Terrell and I took the girls to Wal-Mart and then we went to Grandad's to help set up his place and we spent the night.

Friday, the girls got up and I fed them some breakfast. They were not listening very well, put they were just looking for something to do. We gave Grandad his presents and then we all went to eat at IHop together for breakfast/lunch. We said bye to Grandad and then we headed over to Jenny and Ryan's to look at their new house. It was beautiful and I really liked everything about it!!! I loved the mud room and the storage room and utility room, everything!! We visited with them for a little bit and their kids. Then it was off to Grammie's house to say hi to Grammie, Dana, Cody, Kim, David, their kids, Betty and her husband. Grammie gave the girls some colors and coloring books. They looked at books with Aunt Dana for a little bit. We said bye to all of them and then we stopped off at Granny's house and chatted with Uncle Mike, Aunt Carolyn, Granny and Chris for a little bit. They gave us some of Great Grandad's old letters from 1945 to scan into the computer for everyone. We said bye to all of them and headed back to Navasota to Grandma's house to eat spaghetti and visit. Grandma and Terrell said they would watch the girls tonight, so they spent the night there and Daddy and I went home to pack for Fredericksburg. We had a good visit!!



Saturday, Christmas Eve, we got up and dressed and headed over to Grandma's to visit and pick up the girls. We got them loaded up and started driving to Oma and Opa's. It rained the whole way. We finally got to their house around 12:45pm and we unloaded and we had some lunch. The girls had fun playing with Oma and Opa and we took a couple of pictures by the Christmas tree. Meagan was being a little toot today, just hyper. We even made some sugar cookies with cookie cutter. We then all went into town to eat dinner at Mamacita's, which is where we met up with Maryellen and her husband, Wilson. Santa was even there, he stopped there to eat dinner on his busy night, how fun is that! :) We had a great time at dinner, talking about our Germany trip and other things. Maryellen even gave the girls some cute little picnic basket tea sets, they are so cute. The girls love them. We told them bye and then we headed home. We put the icing on the sugar cookies and then the girls got to do all the sprinkles. They had so much fun doing that!! We made a couple for Santa Claus to eat. We got them ready for bed after that and then I read them 'Twas the Night Before Christmas' like I do every Christmas Eve. Meagan didn't want to listen to it though, but Opa held her and Oma held Natalie to listen to it. Then Daddy went to put Meagan to sleep and then Oma took Natalie in there later and they all went to sleep. Later on, just Opa and I went to Midnight Mass at church in town. I had a great time hanging out with my Dad and singing Christmas songs. I was tired though, but made it though. It was a good service.

Sunday, Christmas Day, Oma and I got up early and then got up Daddy and Opa when the girls were up because I wanted to take pictures and video of the girls seeing the Santa gifts. Santa left them a bowling set, two stick horses, an IPod, Fairy book with flashlight and sounds, Disney puzzle, two echo microphones, a toy toaster and some baby bottles for dolls. They had fun playing with their new toys. We all got ready and dressed and took some pictures by the Christmas Tree. Then Oma, Opa, Daddy, the girls and I all piled into Daddy's truck and headed over to Bernice and Han's cabin to celebrate Christmas with Oma's side of the family. The girls had fun playing with Easton and Huntleigh, Blaine and Kenzlyn. Meagan split tea all over her outfit at lunch, so we had to change her and Natalie just wanted to change, but they wore the cute outfits for a little bit. Aunt Tara and Jason came to. The food was yummy!!! We got to have dressing and turkey and everything!! The girls got the outfits they wore today from Betty Ann and she also gave them some dolls. Andrea got them some ponies to paint and decorate on. We had a great time!! I love seeing my family!! We left around 3:30 or so and I came back to Oma and Opa's with Tara and Jason. We just hung out for a little bit and Tara let the girls open one gift, which was a Mickey Mouse coloring book with colors. That kept them busy for a little bit. We drank some Christmas wine that Grammie gave me for Christmas. Omie and Opie came over for dinner and we all ate together. After dinner and visiting, we went ahead and started opening Christmas presents. We let the girls go first and they got all sorts of stuff!! Tara and Jason got them some clothes, books, coloring books, a t-ball set and a Goodnight Sesame Street Recorded book with their voices. Fun!! Oma and Opa gave them some books, two sets of new light up shoes, some charms for their bracelets and some money. I'm sure I am forgetting something. Mommy and Daddy got them some playdoh activities and some puzzle books and seek and find Elmo and Mickey books. They had a great Christmas!! So did we!! We still opened our gifts after that. And of course did lottery tickets! :) Opie and Omie gave us all some money and a picture of them! The girls got to tell Omie and Opie bye and then it was time for them to go to bed. Daddy laid with them for a little bit. After they were asleep, Tara, Jason, Opa, Oma, Daddy and I played Mexican Train Dominoes. Had a great time!!

Monday, we had breakfast with everyone and then we loaded up the truck and said our goodbyes. On the way home, I stopped to get my bridesmaid dress for Tara's wedding and then we made our way to Grandma's house, so we could see Terrell before she left. Terrell got them two books and Grandma got them some pj's. We all ate some chili for a late lunch. Yummy! We visited for a little bit and then Kelly, Celeste, Cade and Hollan came in for a bit and loaded Terrell up. We said goodbye and Daddy went to work and the girls and I hung out with Kathleen for the afternoon. When Daddy was done with work, he came to get us and then we came home and unpacked everything. What a great Christmas we had!!! :) Like Oma said, they just keep getting better and better!! :)

Tuesday evening, Daddy and I took the girls to sign up for our gym membership, yay!! Then we ate at Boston's and then Daddy went to Best Buy to get a Kindle Fire! We had a great family night together!! :)

Wednesday, today, we went over to Shayanne's house for a playdate with Shaylee, Shelbee and Kendalyn. The kiddos had a lot of fun playing with the toys and making a mess, while Courtney, Shayanne and I visited and ate some Casa Rod. We had a great time and took lots of pictures. Shaylee even put some makeup on Meagan and herself, it was cute! It is always fun to get together with them, my college friends!!

1 comment:

  1. Looks like a great Christmas.

    We enjoyed seeing y'all too. I always enjoy a trip "home" : )

    ReplyDelete