Thursday, Dec. 29th, I drove the girls up to Tara and Jason's house. They had a big blow up Santa and Monkey in their front yard, the girls loved it!! Meagan even said 'ohh ahh hohoho'. Which meant Monkey and Santa. Natalie repeated it to. Met Opa and Oma there to!! Jenny brought over Jolee for us to meet her for the first time. She is such a precious little baby. I got to feed her to. They visited for about an hour and Meagan and Natalie had fun dancing with Jenny and Tara. We said bye to Jason and Opa because they were going fishing and then we said bye to Jenny and Jolee. Tara, Oma, the girls and I all went to eat lunch at Cheddar's for lunch. It was fun! Tara and I took the girls and Oma back to her house. Oma stayed and watched the girls while Tara and I went shopping for wedding shoes. We had a great time and finally at the last store (David's Bridal) we found some wedding shoes for Tara and myself. Tara was really excited, now she can get fitted in her dress. We came back to Tara's and play with the girls some and fed them some dinner. Opa and Jason came back and then we started to load up the truck with toys that we brought along. We said bye to Tara and Jason and Oma rode back home with us and Opa followed us. When we got home, Daddy was home to greet us!! :) We had such a fun day!! *Just wanted to note her that Natalie calls Meagan 'Yay yay' and calls herself 'me' and 'yay yay lee'. Meagan calls Natalie 'lalalee' using her tongue on the outside to say it. They have been doing this for a while, just kept forgetting to mention it.
Friday, very easy going day. Oma got up with the girls and I got up shortly after. We just hung out at the house all day while Daddy was at work. Opa and I took the girls outside to play with their new t-ball set and soccer goal. I also raked some leaves and the girls were having fun playing in the piles of leaves. Natalie was really good at kicking the ball into the soccer goal and Meagan was really good at just hitting the ball with the bat when Opa 'Pooh' would throw it to her. Both were doing great with both toys, but boy Meagan was a pro at hitting the ball with the bat. We were all impressed!! Oma was inside cleaning and after a while, we sent the girls in to take a nap. Opa and I stayed outside and raked some leaves into trash bags. We got a lot done today outside and it was a beautiful day. We came inside and then while the girls slept, Oma went grocery shopping. We cooked dinner and when Daddy came home, we all ate dinner.
Saturday, New Year's Eve, Oma and I took the girls to Downtown Bryan and we went to the Children's Museum to celebrate Noon Year's Eve with the girls, since they won't be up at midnight. Grandma 'LaLa' met us there to! We had fun! The girls got to play in all the little areas and even pretended to grocery shop with little baskets. We had cookies and lemonade and wore New Years headbands and had blow horns. It was a lot of fun! When the clock struck noon, they even had a ball drop and we all said 'Happy New Year'! It was cute!! After that we left and headed to Must Be Heaven to have lunch. It was yummy!! We said bye to LaLa and then we came home to give Daddy and Opa some lunch. They were watching the Aggie game vs. Northwestern. We won!! We put the girls down for a nap and then Oma and I went shopping for items for Tara's shower and bachelorette party. I even got a few things for myself! :) It was a good time with my mom. When we got back home the leaves were raked in the front and backyard and the girls were up playing with Daddy and Opa. Daddy and I both started getting little colds (runny noses, etc.) on Thursday, so Daddy wasn't feeling very good this evening, so he took a nap after we all had pizza for dinner. I got dressed and woke up Daddy, we took some pictures with the girls and told the girls Happy New Year and gave them kisses. Since we both weren't feeling the greatest, we just went to see a movie for New Years. We saw Sherlock Homes Part 2. It was really good! I liked it. After the movie, we came home and watched the ball drop from 2011 to 2012 with Opa and Oma. I gave Daddy a kiss! :) Looking forward to 2012!!! Aunt Tara is getting married this year and possibly Aunt Terrell to! Here is to a happy, healthy, blessed and wonderful 2012 for family, friends, the whole world and ourselves. :)
Sunday, New Years Day, I put the rest of the Christmas decorations up and Daddy and Opa put the Christmas tree up yesterday. We hung out with the girls this morning and for lunch Oma made ham, cabbage, black eyed peas and bread. Grandma and Great-Grandpa came over to eat lunch with us and they brought along some apple pie and ice cream. We had a great lunch and to top it off I actually got to eat at my dining room table with my girls and Daddy for the first time ever at that table. I cleared it off this morning and now we can eat as a family on it. :) We had great conversation and watched the girls play. They gave Great-Grandpa high fives. Grandma and Great-Grandpa had to get back home, so we said goodbye to them and then came back inside. We put the girls down for a nap and then we cleaned out the china cabinet and Daddy and Opa moved it to the dining area. We rearranged the living/dining room around a little and it looks so much better. I love it!! Thank you Oma and Opa for helping Daddy and I with organizing a little better!! We just usually don't have the time to organize, so it feels great to have gotten some done. We enjoyed the rest of the afternoon together. Oma and Opa got to stay another night with us, I loved that they came to stay with us for New Years!!!
Monday, we spent the morning visiting with Oma and Opa before they had to leave. Girls even got to play with Oma for a little bit outside. They headed out around noon and we stood outside to watch they leave and waved at them. Daddy, the girls and I went to eat lunch at Chili's. We were hungry!! We had a good family time. After lunch, we came home and put the girls down for their nap. They took a really good nap today, they were so tired from all the family down and from having stuffy noses!! We had a great visit with Oma and Opa!! :) We just hung out this afternoon while Daddy went to work for a little bit and we had dinner.
Tuesday, they went back to school. I think they missed it because they were happy to see their teachers. While they were at school, I went to my first training session at the new gym we joined and I went shopping for gym clothes and groceries. After I picked them up from school, we just relaxed at home and I made salmon croquets for dinner, yum.
Wednesday, the girls went to gymnastics again and had a blast like always. They even got to do the parachute game at the end. I think they really enjoy the bars!!
No comments:
Post a Comment