Wednesday, January 25, 2012

First Ear Infections!!


January 20th to the 22nd - (Friday to Sunday) The girls and I stayed at home all day on Friday. They both have runny noses and coughs. They weren't that bad when I had them, but I had to leave Friday night to drive to Fredericksburg to my parents house for Tara's Family Bachelorette Party. Soon after I left, Natalie started getting fever! :( So Daddy had sick girls all day on Saturday and then he took them to LaLa's and she took care of them while Daddy went to the Chamber Banquet. I had fun at Tara's bachelorette party with the family, but I was also missing my sick little girls. I meet Daddy back at the house Sunday afternoon when I got back into town. I could tell in Natalie's eyes she wasn't feeling good. They were still pretty much acting themselves though.


Jan. 23rd, I did laundry all day and I mailed off Tara's shower invitations for the Fredericksburg shower. We had fun playing and just relaxing around the house.

Tuesday, I decided not to take the girls to school, plus when I woke up I could hear Meagan whining and when I got her up, she stayed by my side all morning. Turns out her ears were hurting!! So I made an appointment to see the doctor for tomorrow, that was the earliest that they had. I asked my friend JoAnna what she usually does for ear infections and she told me to try Tylenol. So I gave Meagan a children's pain reliever and it worked in like 5 mins. She wasn't whiny any more and she went to play and watch Mickey Mouse! I was so relieved, I didn't like seeing her in pain and not being able to fix it!! Thank you JoAnna for that advice!!! I don't know why I didn't think about it sooner, I guess I was just preoccupied!! She was better the rest of the day!

Wednesday, we woke up to bad weather, so I got the girls up and took them to our room, but the weather got better fast, so I took them out in the dining room and gave them some breakfast, LIFE cereal is what they like right now. We got ready for the doctor (going to meet our new doctor because our other one moved away) and Daddy came with us to, yay!! It was raining, so I dropped all of them off at the front and then I parked the truck. The new doctor was awesome, I really liked her, very nice. She said that Natalie has an ear infection in her right ear and then Meagan has an ear infection in both ears. Poor things. Both girls did a great job being looked at by the doctor. Meagan was a little over 32lbs. and Natalie a little over 25lbs. That is crazy!! Seven pounds difference!! We left and took Daddy to meet LaLa at the dentist office and then they were going to work. Gave the girls their medicine and Natalie took it right away and Meagan I had to convince her to take it, but when she did she took it all! My girls are getting so big and minding (well most of the time).

No comments:

Post a Comment