Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Going to Tara's Austin Shower!



Thursday, Feb. 2nd, in the evening I took the girls over to LaLa's house and they played there for a little bit while we waited on Daddy to come over after work. Daddy and I walked with the girls to the elementary school that I used to work at. They were having a winter festival with games and food. I got to say hi to a lot of the teachers and staff I used to work with and even cousin Allison was there. LaLa and Great Aunt Janet met us there to. The girls had fun eating and playing and running around. LaLa even got them some cowgirl hats and batons. Natalie loved putting on a show! We had a great time! LaLa walked back to her house with us after the event was over. We visited over there for a little bit and then I took the girls home.

Saturday, Daddy left for Las Vegas with Eddie and Joey and I took the girls to Austin over to Aunt Tara and Jason's house. Josey, Tara, Oma and Opa were there, so the girls got to have a great time with all of them. Both girls started doing somersaults all by themselves on the guest bed. I was so cute they were having a blast. We all got dressed and Oma rode with the girls and I to Tara's first wedding shower. I was really nice and there were a lot of ladies and friends. They food was yummy, Meagan ate a ton of chips and Natalie ate like four cake balls. Meagan and Natalie behaved really well! They helped Aunt Tara open her presents and danced and acted like they fell on the floor without any music. We had fun!! We came back to Tara's house and Oma said she would babysit the girls while Tara, Josey and I went to meet Opa and Jason at the Cook Off right down the road. We stopped to buy rain boots first because it was going to be really muddy out there. I rode back with Opa to Tara's house after the awards for the cook off. Oma had a great time with the girls, she fed them dinner and had already given them a bath. They were enjoying doing somersaults again on the bed and Opa would help them do somersaults off the bed. The girls stayed up later than usual, but we were having a good time. Oma and Opa drove back home and got there safely! We had a great day!

Sunday, all of us hung out with Josey, Tara and Jason. They had a blast just playing with Tara's candles, their toys and books, and dancing to music on the radio while on the bed. Jason helped them do somersaults this time. After lunch, I drove to Leander to go see Shannon and Tina's new house and for the girls to play with Easton. It was fun getting to talk to them and see Easton. I really liked their house, very cute!! After visiting there for a little while, we had to go over to Lori and Paul's house to visit with Madisyn. She is such a sweet little girl. She was excited that we came over and the girls were excited because they got to play with tons of new toys. They got to ride on a old wooden rocking horse. Mommy and Lori even got to dance to an Xbox game and the girls joined in to! That was a fun visit! Can't wait to see Easton and Madisyn again! We came back over to Tara and Jason's. Jason was grilling some burgers and hot dogs. It was yummy! They girls ate some of it to, while Meagan had some chips of course and Natalie some of the hot dog and then they both had some cookie. Super Bowl was on, NY Giants vs. New England Patriots. Tara bathed the girls and we got them dressed and she read them some books. We put them to bed and we stayed up watching the Super Bowl and I helped Tara seal all the invitations to their wedding. That was fun, I am glad I got to help with something for the wedding!! The Giants won the game and we finished the invitations, so we went to sleep. Good day!

Monday, we all got up and the girls had breakfast and played. We all got dressed and Jason went to work and the girls, Tara and I went to mail off the invitations and to go get Tara's wedding dress and the flower girl dresses. The girls tried on their dresses, they looked really cute!! Tara put on her dress and looked great!! I had to learn how to bustle her dress for the wedding day. There are like twenty buttons to do, yikes, they are small. I took the girls to the truck to change them and then Tara came with the dresses and we took them to her house and then we went out to eat Mexican food. When the meal was over, Tara got the girls some ice cream and they loved it! She got them cleaned up and then we took her back to her house and I loaded everything up and the girls and I headed back to our house. They slept the whole way. LaLa came over to watch the girls, so I could go to my twins meeting. That was nice! I came back earlier from my meeting, so LaLa could go home and the girls were still awake and they were so happy and hyper. It was funny!

Tuesday, the girls went to school and when I went to pick them up, Meagan got her first hurt note, she had fallen and skinned her knee. I wasn't too bad! We came home and spent the rest of the day here. Daddy got home tonight, yay!!! We were so happy to see him and to have him back safe and sound!! We are so blessed!

Wednesday, the girls had a great time in gymnastics like always. They liked making the other kids in their class laugh and they liked laughing at them. Natalie did her own somersault and Meagan kept picking her nose and eating her boogers. That is such a gross habit, she has been doing it so much more lately. Hopefully she will stop soon!!

The girls are getting so much better at talking and repeating what we say. They are really growing to! Natalie is on a 'No' rampage right now and Meagan just chooses not to listen sometimes, but most of the time they are super sweet!! They love to give kisses and hugs, which I love. Natalie still loves to look and listen to books and Meagan still loves to build and have either Daddy or I build with her. When I cook in the kitchen, they love to be in there with me, some how a bunch of toys are always left behind in the kitchen to! Looking forward to Valentine's Day coming up!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment