Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Natalie and Meagan's First Leap Year!!

February 25th, Saturday, Daddy and I took the girls to Chick-fil-a for lunch and to play in the play area. It was packed!! We had a good time though. We took Daddy to get his suit for Tara and Jason's wedding and then we came home, so the girls could take a nap, which they didn't do, but we tried! After that, Daddy played a cute video game with the girls for a little bit and then we decided to go to church at 5:30! I love going to church as a family, it is tough because the girls want to go everywhere, but I still love it! After church, we went to eat dinner at Golden Carole and it was packed!! There were people everywhere. It wasn't very enjoyable, but the girls ate great!! That makes it all worth it! We came home and got the girls ready for bed. By the way, all morning I had Natalie in big girl panties and she did pretty good!! Trying to start training with her more, Meagan is not as close to being potty trained as much as Natalie is. Both will potty for an M&M a lot of the time though! Also, Natalie wear panties to Chick-fil-a when we went today and didn't have an accident, she waited until we got home to pee pee!! Awesome!!!
Sunday, we got up and dressed and all four of us headed to Houston to Thad, Nyree, Natasha and Thaddeus' house. We got there around noon and we followed Thad and his family to the Rodeo area because we were going to go to the carnival. But we pulled up and it was closed. So we followed them to eat somewhere called Skeeters. It was pretty good and gave us a chance to talk a little bit. After we ate, we walked to Chuck E Cheese, so all the kids could play. It was crazy in there, so we had to all keep close watch of our kiddos, so we didn't get to talk much there. The kids had a great time!! We said goodbye to our friends and then I drove us four back toward home. We stopped off at LaLa's to visit with her, Celeste, Hollan, Kelly and Cade. The girls played with Cade outside for a while and then it was time for Cade and all of them to leave. Daddy went to the office for a little bit and the girls and I stayed over at LaLa's to visit. We had a good time! We didn't have anything planned for this weekend for once, so all the plans we made ended up being packed at places, so not really too much of a relaxing weekend, but it was a good family one!! We came home when Daddy was done with work and had dinner.

Monday, we made plans to meet JoAnna, Haven and Harrison at a park, we tried one out and then moved to another park. We had a good time, her kids are so cute!! That afternoon after nap, I took the girls outside in the backyard because it was a pretty day. I brought out these little ponies they got for Christmas from cousins Andrea and Huntleigh and I let them paint them. They had so much fun, it got all over them. I had the girls wear big girl panties for parts of the day today and they did pretty good until we were outside, which I brought out the little potty, but they didn't get to it in time. They both had two accidents outside, so we had to change clothes. After painting the ponies, we came inside and I went ahead and gave both girls a bath. They had pee pee and paint on them! :) After bath, Daddy came home and we had dinner and played.
Tuesday, I took the girls to school and Natalie got to wear big girl panties to school for the first time! Her teachers were so excited for her!! I took her to the bathroom right away at school and she pee peed. I ran some errands while they were at school and when I went to pick them up, they were both wearing different clothes. Natalie only had one accident, which is good! Meagan had poo pooed outside and touched it and showed her teachers, so she had to change her clothes. Then they had ice cream at school because their class got second place for the pencil project they had. Meagan got ice cream all over her, so they had to change her clothes again! My little messy eater! Sounds like they had a good day at school. After school, I took them to Central Park to feed the ducks, birds and the big goose that was out there at the pond. Then they played at the park!! There was a little boy there from Navasota that looked so familiar to me, she would show the girls some neat tricks. We had a good time and then we came home and I started making dinner! I made LaLa's Chicken and Rice recipe, turned out really good!! Daddy liked it to!! :)
Wednesday, Feb. 29th, Leap Day!!! This is the first Leap Day the girls have been around for!! They get an extra day to their year! :) We went to Gymnastics this morning and they had a great time as always!! They got to do the parachute today!! Natalie did somersaults by herself down a hill of mats. Meagan had fun swinging on the bars. We came home afterwards and had lunch. I took some pictures of the girls playing ball on the couch. This week, they have started taking all the cushions off of the couch and jumping on the couch and then rolling a ball to each other. Gymnastics has them interested in a lot of jumping that is for sure. I have been making a crock pot meal all day, which is fun!! It is Flank Steak and Beans!! I'm excited to see how it turns out!!

No comments:

Post a Comment