Thursday, July 5, 2012

Spending a Week in Fredericksburg

Thursday, June 28th, again I took Natalie to school without Meagan because Meagan was still having issues with diarrhea.  Meagan and I just hung out together all day at home.  She was feeling okay though, so we got to have some fun playing and chasing.  Meagan and I went to pick up Natalie from school and then we came home.  We hung out until Daddy came home and then we all went out to eat at Newk's.  The girls were being silly, so it wasn't the most enjoyable dinner, but okay.  We came home and I packed for Fredericksburg.
Friday, the girls and I said bye bye to Daddy and I loaded up the truck with luggage and the girls and we headed toward Oma and Opa's in Fredericksburg.  We got there around 11:30 and Oma had lunch ready for us.  The girls were so happy to be here at their house and were really happy to see Oma and Pooh (Opa).  The girls played outside and in the Dora sprinkler.  We also went to Wal-Mart with Oma to get some groceries.  We had a very relaxing day today!
Saturday, Oma got up with the girls and I slept in a little bit, that was nice.  Opa, Oma and I took the girls outside to play on the swing set and the tire swing, they loved it!!  It felt so good outside, not hot like it has been and a really nice breeze.  The girls also played in the sprinkler again.  This afternoon we got dressed and ready for the family reunion.  We loaded up in the truck and then we drove out to Luckenbach to pick up Janet.  Once we got her, we drove to Lady Bird Park to the reunion.  The girls had fun playing with the other kids at the playground, it was Jennifer and Kay's kids.  Shane came a little later.  It was a pretty good turn out of family.  We had a great time and also good to see Omie, Opie, Sandra, Dennis, Kenny, Teresa and Kris.  We came home around 9pm and put the girls to bed with Oma and then moved them to their little beds later after they fell asleep.
Sunday, Oma and Opa made pancakes and we sat outside to eat breakfast.  Again it felt so nice outside, I love it!!  We then got ready for church and it was a nice service.  The girls were a little antsy, but pretty good.  We talked with Omie, Opie and Teresa a little bit after church.  Then we went out to Curtis and Sandra's for lunch and to meet baby Jacob (Vance and Chelsy's new baby boy).  He is such a little cutie!!  Robert and Agnes were there to.  Lunch was great.  Something really funny that Natalie did when we first got there, she remembered being there back in March and she ran all the way to Sandra and Curtis' room to where all the children books are, I can't believe she remembered that.  She is such a smart little girl and loves her books to.  It rained today, which is always good to have a little of that.  Meagan loved playing with all the little toys they had there.  We had a really nice visit, we stayed there all afternoon.  I really enjoying visiting and meeting Jacob.  We left and came back to Oma and Opa's house and again since it was so nice outside, we sat outside on the swing and played Duck Duck Goose, Ring Around the Rosie and a new game to them, Red Rover.  They love that one!
Monday, the girls, Oma and I drove to Kerrville in the morning to pick up a picture of me in my wedding dress at Walgreens.  She had been wanting one for her wall with Tara's picture.  We got the picture and then we ate lunch at Mamacita's there in town.  Yum!  The girls played in the arcade and then we went shopping at JcPenny's.  Then we headed back to Oma and Opa's to give Opa his late lunch.  Opa and Oma then watched the girls at home for the rest of the day, while I went to Main Street to look around.  I got the girls some scissors and activity books to play with at Dooley's.  Then I went over to Omie and Opie's to visit with them for a little bit.  Omie gave me the girls birthday gifts, she made them each a quilt, really pretty.  I love visiting with my grandparents, good times.  I said goodbye to them and then I came back to Oma and Opa's to help with the girls.  We had spaghetti and the girls had so much fun dancing.  We also practiced with scissors.

Tuesday, Bernice and Huntleigh came over and we all got ready.  Opa, the girls and I rode in one truck and Bernice, Oma and Huntleigh rode in another truck and they followed us to Johnson City to go to a little safari zoo there.  The kids played on the swings and went into the petting zoo area where there were lots of goats and deer.  We even had a baby goat come greet us outside of the petting area, it was cute.  Then we got on a trailer with some other people, which was pulled by a tractor and we had a huge bucket of fed for the animals.  We got to feed all sorts of animals, such as Ostriches, Bison, deer, sheep, zebras, etc.  The girls and Huntleigh had such a good time, it was really cute.  They loved throwing the fed to the animals, looks on their faces was priceless.  That lasted about 30 mins.  We then left there and we all ate lunch at Dairy Queen together.  Then we stopped to get some peaches on the way back to Oma and Opa's.  Then Huntleigh and the girls played for a while, playing Duck Duck Goose and Hide and Go Seek.  Then we all went to the library in town and read some books and checked some out.  Meagan and Natalie each got six books.  We then said bye to Bernice and Huntleigh and Oma and I took the girls on Main Street and we went to Dooley's to buy kitchen equipment for the Dora kitchen that Bernice brought over this morning along with a bouncy horse.  Then we went to the Fredericksburg Bakery and we all got some ice cream to eat.  This is where my Oma (Oma's mom) worked for years and years.  We had a good time.  Then we walked back to the truck and came back to Oma and Opa's and of course played outside again.  We had a really fun day!


Wednesday, Happy July 4th!!  We got ready and all of us met up with Omie and Opie at the 4th of July Parade in town.  Bernice and Huntleigh met us there to.  It was a good parade with some good music to listen to.  The girls each got a flag to wave around.  After the parade, we said goodbye to Bernice and Huntleigh and then went to a new Mexican Food Restaurant to eat with Omie and Opie for an early birthday lunch for Omie.  We had a good time visiting.  We told them bye and then we got some more peaches and then we went back to Oma and Opa's.  We played at home all day and ate some dinner.  Then we went to Lady Bird Park to listen to some free music from an Air Force band and Omie and Opie met us there.  After the band played, we moved our chairs over a little and then the fireworks started.  Meagan was sitting in Oma's lap and as soon as the fireworks started, she acted like she was sleeping.  Natalie on the other hand sat in Opa's lap for a little bit then mine and she loved the fireworks, she kept laughing at them.  As soon as the fireworks were over, Natalie clapped and said 'Yay' because she liked them, Meagan popped up right away and she clapped and said 'Yay', but she said it because she was glad they were over.  I asked her if she liked the fireworks and she said 'Natalie did'.  Too funny!  I love my little girls (angels) so much!!  We said bye to Omie and Opie and goodnight, and we headed home. We had a great July 4th!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment