Thursday, December 12, 2013

San Antonio Trip












Thursday, December 5th, the girls and I got up early and got dressed in some warm clothes, the weather has now turned cold again.  Daddy went to his conference at the hotel and we looked for Elbert the Elf in the Lobby and found him taking pennies from the fountain, lol.  Then we loaded up and I took the girls to the San Antonio Zoo.  We saw the pink flamingos right away and then we looked at a couple more animals and then made our way to the children's area to play inside for a little while.  Then at 11am we got to make gingerbread houses to keep.  We did this last year to, it was much easier this year!!  We had fun!  We then went to an Elephant show and got to see all the big African animals.  We even saw a fox!  The lions were even out today and we even saw a bear!!  We of course when to the gift shop and I got each girl a wallet to hold money in.  Then it was time to go, but as we were leaving, we saw that the train was working, so we bought tickets right away and we rode on it.  Natalie wanted to sit by herself and I sat with Meagan.  It was a little cold on the train for sure!!  Then we went to the Quarry area to eat lunch at Joe's Crab Shack.  The girls even got to play outside there, it was cold and windy, but they had a good time.  Natalie even tried to make a sand angel, lol.  They are so funny!  Then we went to a Michael's to look around for Beanie Boos, but they already had all of them.  Then we went back to the hotel and we relaxed for a little bit and the girls played some computer games and we watched some TV.  When Daddy was done with his conference, he met us in the room and then we went to the La Cantera shopping mall and got the girls picture with Santa.  It was so cold that there wasn't a line!  We got a cute picture!  Then we met up with Trey, Melani and Q at Z Tejas Grill for dinner.  We had a great time and it was so good to see them.  Little Q is such a sweet baby.  After dinner, we told them bye and then we headed back to the hotel and got ready for bed.  Great day!
Friday, I took the girls to Camp Hyatt for the morning.  They were the only kids in there.  I went to get a massage while they were in there.  It was so nice!!  I packed up our room and then I went to pick up the girls.  They did a bunch of crafts, played games, did a scavenger hunt and watched some of a movie.  They had a great time!!  After I got them, we ran into Jenni F. and said hi and then Daddy met us at the room and we loaded up and headed out.  We stopped to eat lunch at a place called 'Two Step'.  It was pretty good.  Then we drove to Oma and Opa's house and got to visit with Opa for a little while, Oma was still at work.  At 5pm we all rode together to meet up with Oma at Mr. Gatti's to eat dinner, visit and play games.  It was fun and the girls and Daddy won a lot of little prizes.  We had a good time.  Then I rode with Oma to the grocery store while Opa, Daddy, Natalie and Meagan went back to Oma and Opa's.  We got home and the girls got some surprise flashlights.  We got them ready for bed and then went to sleep.








Saturday, we spent the morning with Oma and Opa.  It is so cold outside!!!  We ate breakfast with them and had a good morning visiting and playing.  Then it was time to load the truck back up and we headed out around 11:30.  We drove to Pflugerville and picked up some Diary Queen for lunch and we all ate at Tara and Jason's house.  There house looked great and we had fun visiting for a couple of hours.  Tara had some fun little toys for the girls to play with, some My Little Ponies and walkie talkies.  We left there around 3pm because we didn't want to drive at night with the cold weather.  We got home safe and sound.  Daddy left to get some things at work and while he did that, the girls colored their Santa Letter's.  When Daddy got home we ate some dinner and then we took our Christmas Card pictures by the tree.  Then we spent some time together and then got ready for bed.
Sunday, we just relaxed at the house in the morning and straightened up a little bit.  We let Daddy get some sleep.  We played in their playroom.  When Daddy got up, we ate lunch at the house and then I got to rest a little bit and watch a Christmas movie while Daddy played with the girls and he finished up the Christmas lights outside.  Then I took the girls to Minseung's 5th birthday party at Powersports.  We only got to stay for the play time because I needed to get the girls to Awana.  I took them there and then I came home to get some things done.  Then I went to get them and we came home and they played with Daddy some.
Monday, Alicia came over with Andrew and he dropped him off.  We watched him while she went to the grocery store.  We had a good time.  We played with the walkie talkies and then Andrew and Meagan actually started playing together.  Meagan had fun following him around and doing what he did.  We played with the foam beads.  Then Alicia came over and she stayed and watched the girls while I went to the grocery store.  It was a good trade off.  The kids played and watched TV while she was here.  When I got back, I got to look at Alicia's Disney World trip pictures.  It looked like they had a lot of fun!!  They stayed and visited for a little bit and then it was time for them to go get the girls from school.  The girls and I headed to Navasota and we went by the post office and we mailed off our Santa Letters.  So exciting!!  Then we went over to LaLa's house to visit with Penny and Percy.  Then Daddy came and rode with us over to Gus and Kourtney's house.  We met up with Nikki, Talli and a couple of other people to sing some Carols to them Gus' parents, Cooper and Otto.  It was nice!  Natalie pretty much coughed through the whole thing because she had been running around.  We talked to them a little bit afterwards and then we headed home.  So glad we did that for them!!
Tuesday, I took the girls to school and I came home to catch up on my Blog!  After school, I picked up the girls and we came home for just a little bit and then we headed to Powersports to visit with Santa Claus and get a video with him asking what the kids wanted for Christmas.  Crystal, Caden, Carlee and Crystal's mom were there to.  Good to see them!  We came home and I made some Meatloaf for dinner tonight.  Before we ate it, we met up with Daddy at Aerofit to take our pictures for our cards.  Then we all came home and ate some dinner.  I love driving up to the house with all the Christmas Lights, so nice!!
Wednesday, I took the girls to gymnastics and they did a great job.  They just need to work on their backward rolls.  I had fun catching up with ladies there and Joanna!  After gym, I took the girls to the Children's Museum and we played there for a little bit.  Then we ate a snack and I took them to their speech at the school.  Then we went to Chick-fil-a to eat lunch and play.  Then off to Target to get a couple of things there.  We had fun looking at the toys!  Then we came home and they helped me make cookies with dinner.  We played and they played some video games.  Daddy came home and spent some time with them.  I love my family so much!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment