Tuesday, December 10, 2013
Thanksgiving 2013
Thursday, Novemeber 28th, Thanksgiving Day! We all got up early and we drove to the Turkey Trot. We met up with Celeste, Kelly, Cade, Terrell and Bryan there. We also ran into Kody, Kayla, Kelli, Kolton and Kody's parents. They were doing the trot to! Celeste, Cade, Daddy, the girls and I did the family run/walk and the rest did the 5K. It was so cute. Natalie and Cade ran the whole time and Meagan ran most of it, but took a break in the stroller every now and again. (I don't blame her, it was cold). We had a great time!! I love doing things like that with family. Terrell and Bryan ran it in good time and Kody was right behind them. Kelly came and Cade finished with him and then Kayla, Kolton and Kelli came in after Kelly. Kelly doesn't run much, so he said 'That was a mistake.' LOL!! We all headed out and they came to our house. Terrell and Bryan hadn't seen our house yet. We showed them around and we visited for a little bit and we put the Thanksgiving Day Parade on TV. They all headed out and then we got ready for Thanksgiving at the house. Then Daddy, the girls and I headed to LaLa's house to help get ready for Thanksgiving Late Lunch. The lunch was great and the pies were so good. I tried a little piece of each one. My favorites were the pecan, the cherry and the pumpkin. The kids said the blessing before we ate, which was sweet. The kids all played and everyone seemed tired because we all got up early for the run. There was football on TV all day, I took the kids outside to play in the driveway for a while. They had fun doing that and riding on Cade's bike. I think they played with every toy in the house! Daddy left to go pick up Grandad and brought him over to visit. The kids all got to do a Thanksgiving craft together and we just ate light for dinner. It was a good and relaxing Thanksgiving. LaLa was sick today though, but she dealt with it pretty good. The girls and Cade slept together on the air mattress and Daddy and I came home.
Friday, Daddy and I got up to go to LaLa's and Terrell had the girls dressed already and fed them breakfast. LaLa was sick today, so she stayed in bed all day. Terrell and Celeste had to run some errands, so Kelly, Daddy, the girls, Cade, Hollan and I all went to play at the park. Bryan met us there later. It was fun! We got to swing and climb and we got dizzy on a spinning thing. Uncle Kelly even got dizzy on it and tried to grab a cup while he was dizzy. It was pretty funny!! Then all of us decided to go to Bryan and eat lunch at Freddy's and then go see a movie. We didn't get to all sit by each other, but that was okay. Meagan sat on my lap and Natalie sat on Daddy's lap. Then Bryan and Cade sat somewhere together and Kelly and Hollan sat behind us. We saw the movie 'Frozen'!! It was really cute!!! Good Disney movie!! Everyone seemed to like it!! Then we all came to our house and Cade, Hollan and the girls played games. They also played some video games. I ran to HEB for some drinks and saw Kelly there, he was getting diapers. Then we came back home and a little while later, Celeste, Terrell and Grandad came over and then Dana and Cody came. We all ate Fajitas for dinner and it was really good. Celeste and Terrell picked it up from Chuy's. After dinner, the kids played some more video games and the adults got to talk and we played a trivia game that Cody had on his phone. Then it was time to get everyone ready for bed. We had a good time! Dana and Cody stayed with us and Daddy and Dana took Grandad home. Everyone else headed out to LaLa's house. We had a fun night!
Saturday, I got the girls up and dressed for Mary's wedding shower. We were getting ready to go, but before we left, we got to talk to Dana a little bit. We headed out and got to the shower and everything was up and decorated already. We hung out for a bit and then the guests started to arrive. We got to meet Thomas' mom, she seems really nice. We all ate and visited with family and friends. After the shower, Dexter and Thomas came by, so we got to meet him. Dexter gave the girls each a dollar. Oh, while Mary was opening up presents Hollan, Meagan and Natalie were just watching and waiting for some bubble wrap, which they called 'Poppies'. Too cute! It was a nice shower. It was good to see Matt's side of the family. We helped pick up and then we told everyone bye. The girls and I headed to LaLa's house and we brought some food for the guys to eat from the shower. Daddy, Dana and Cody came over to visit some more. Terrell, Celeste, LaLa and I did our ornament/recipe exchange and we started planning our ski trip a little more. Dana and Cody headed out and we all watched some football, the Auburn/Alabama game was really good!! We all ate some BBQ for dinner and had a good time visiting. We all watched the Aggie Football game together and while we did that, the kids watched cartoons in LaLa's bedroom. The Aggie's lost again! Then we told everyone goodbye and gave hugs because they were all leaving tomorrow and we weren't coming back to LaLa's. It was a nice Thanksgiving visit. A lot of Football, but fun!!
Sunday, we got up and started decorating for Christmas!! It was a task because the girls were not listening very well and breaking a couple of things. I felt bad that we had to keep getting on them about touching things. Some of the decorating park was fun though! We did that all day, it went by really fast. In the afternoon, we had to get ready for the Hanging of the Greens at our church. The girls were going to sing in it. We all went to church and met up with Alicia and Brandon there and we sat by them. All the kids came in to practice their song. Then the program started and it was really nice. LaLa came and sat with us to. The girls did a great job. Natalie did have her hair stuck to her face for a little bit because she had been chewing on it. They did really good though and so did Andrew, Elizabeth and Olivia. The kids sat with us the rest of the time and we all enjoyed the program. We told Alicia and her crew bye and LaLa to. Then we went to eat at Newt's for dinner. When we came home, we decorated the gingerbread house. The girls enjoyed eating the candy off of it more. Silly girls. We took some pictures with it and then we let them eat off of it. Then it was time for bed.
Monday, this morning we did things around the house and then we met up with Alicia and Andrew at McAlister's Deli for lunch. It was fun and a good lunch. Then we all sat in Alicia's car and listened to the 'Frozen' movie soundtrack. Really good music. Then we told them bye and the girls and I headed home for just a little bit and then we went to speech and the girls took turns. I saw and talked to Jaime for a little bit. Then after speech we came home and played some games and watched TV. Then Daddy came home and I headed out right away to my Twins Meeting at Abuleos. We had our ornament white elephant. It was fun!! The dinner was good to! Daddy had a good time with the girls, they were still awake when I got home. They fell asleep in our bed and then we moved them to their beds.
Tuesday, I took the girls to school and then I came home to get some laundry done and started to pack. Then I had a dentist appointment. I came home afterwards and then I went to pick up the girls from school. We came home and I had to finish packing. It took me all afternoon. Daddy came home around 6:15pm and then we all headed out to San Antonio. We ate some Wendy's on the way. We stopped at Buccee's to have a potty break and some ice cream. Then we were on the road again and made it to the Hyatt Regency. The guy helping us with our bags, we found out we were related to each other through his wife. That was funny! He gave us free valet for the night. We got settled in our room and it was late before we got to bed. Nice room and place though!
Wednesday, we slept in a little bit and then we all got dressed. Daddy went to his conference and I took the girls to color a snake at the Hyatt kids area outside. That was fun! Then we went to the playground to play. I met a nice lady there named Lauren and her son Dean. We made plans to go to the zoo tomorrow (but that didn't end up happening because they slept in). She watched the kids while I signed up for a massage for Friday. I came back and talked to her a little more and then we told them bye. I took the girls to North Star Mall and we found the Disney store. They girls had fun playing in there. Natalie had to go potty, so we went by the food court and went to the restroom and then we just decided to eat lunch there at Chick-fil-a. After lunch, we went back to the Disney store and played some more and brought a couple of items. We got some Frozen Characters. Then we walked to a kids area for them to play. After that, we left the mall and went back to the hotel. We put on our swimsuits and went swimming in the big hottub. It was fun! Then we went back to the room and got dressed. When Daddy was done with his conference, we all drove to Downtown San Antonio and we rode on a river boat for a tour of the Christmas lights. It was a nice ride! Then we ate dinner at Rio Rio (it wasn't very good) and we got to sit outside right by the water. Then we went into the Rainforest Cafe gift shop for a little bit and then we walked back to the truck and we headed to the hotel. It was fun, but a lot of walking for the little ones.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment