Wednesday, September 10, 2014

Franklin Safari With Cousins




Thursday, June 26th, I took the girls to VBS at church and after they were done with that we picked up some food from Chick-fil-a and we headed to LaLa's house for a swimming play date.  Julie and her girls came and then Alicia and her kiddos came.  Everyone ate and then went swimming!  The kids had a blast playing together.  They are all getting to be better and better swimmers.  After we had fun there, we said bye to everyone and headed home.  When we pulled up, we saw a snake in our yard, I think it is the same one we saw last year, but a little bigger.  I guess it comes to say hi once a year, yuck!  Later today, I took the girls to swimming lessons and they did awesome again!!
Friday, I took the girls to their last VBS at church.  They had such a good time there!!  We came home and ate lunch and spent the day together at the house.  Later that evening I took them to their last evening at swim lessons, but they didn't get to swim because someone had poopooed in the pool, so they had to clean it out.  They just did some lessons outside of the pool.  Daddy came with us to swimming.  Afterwards they got their certificates and each a T-shirt.  Then as we were pulling out, we saw Grandad, so we invited him to come eat with us at Willie's.  The girls had fun playing in the sand.  We stayed there for a little while and then we told Grandad bye and then headed home.




Saturday, we got up early to get ready for the Franklin Safari.  LaLa brought Cade and Hollan with her and we put the car seats in Celeste and Kelly's car.  We got all the kids loaded up and Daddy, LaLa and I hopped in the car.  We drove to Franklin to the safari and paid and got some food right away.  First thing we did was feed the giraffe and then we hopped back into the car and drove to the open space where all the animals are.  All the kids enjoyed feeding the animals except for Hollan, she was freaking out.  It was cute!  Food got all over the place in the car, but they were having fun!!  Those animals were not shy that is for sure.  After the driving, we got back out of the car and everyone went into the petting zoo, except for Hollan and myself.  She was scared of a dog that kept coming around, so I held her.  Then it was time to leave, so that we could have lunch.  We drove to Benchley to the only restaurant there and ate some burgers and hot dogs.  Then we all went to Toys-R-Us to do a lego thing and then LaLa brought each kid a toy.  We then came home and Cade, Natatlie and Meagan enjoyed playing video games together, while Hollan enjoyed brushing my hair.  It was fun times.  I even vaccumed out Celeste's car because of all the animal food that was in there.  We ate dinner together and they all spent the night at our house.  It was fun!
Sunday, everyone got up and then after breakfast, LaLa took Cade and Hollan back to her house and then back to Cade and Hollan's house.  Daddy, the girls and I went to church and the girls got to go to the front to sing their VBS song they had learned during the week.  That was cute!  We came home for a little while and then we went over to LaLa's house to swim, it was just the girls, Daddy and me there.  Good times!  We headed home and then Grandad came over to visit for a little bit.



Monday, I invited Joanna, Haven and Harrison, Julie, Sadie, Maegan, Addison and Jordyn to come over and use the waterslide.  All the kids had a blast and Haven really liked it this year.  We had a great time and the Mom's had a great time talking.  Joanna left to pick up some Chick-fil-a for lunch and came back.  By the time she came back, the kids were really to get off and enjoy some lunch.  We all ate and then the kids played inside for a little while and had fun together!  They all helped to clean up and then they headed out!  What a fun morning/afternoon!  Then the girls and I just hung out at home the rest of the day.
Tuesday, I straightened up a little bit because Marcia was coming today.  Once Marcia was here, we picked up some lunch and then we headed over to LaLa's house.  We ate lunch with Daddy there and then we swam for a little bit.  We came home and I made spaghetti for dinner tonight.  Daddy gave a bath tonight and he put tons of bubbles in the tub, too funny!!
Wednesday, we had Super Hero class this morning and Andrew was not having it this morning, so Alicia left with him and the girls and said she was done!  Haven got to be in class with Harrison and the girls today.  They had fun!  We came home to do laundry and then we went to the Bryan Library for some books and a show.  Then we met up with Alicia, Olivia, Elizabeth and Andrew at Taco Cabana for dinner.  The kids had fun playing outside and they were being super loud inside, but they were having fun!  I got Daddy some dinner and we took it home.  The girls had fun counting all their Beanie Boos with Daddy and grouping them into animal categories.  Then Daddy would blow into paper bags and make them pop.  That was funny!  Good day!

No comments:

Post a Comment