Monday, August 24, 2009

The Past Week...

Well let's see... Monday was just a normal day of 'Mommy' watching the girls and so was Tuesday. On Tuesday evening Matt and I took the girls on their first stroller ride to the nearby park. They slept the whole time of course, but that means they must have enjoyed it! :) Wednesday was just another normal day with 'Mommy'. Grandma came over to visit for a little bit in the evening, so Matt and I went out to eat and then made a trip to Target. We had a great time together. Thursday I took the the girls to Grandma's house and had visitors over there. Meagan and Natalie had Gayle come by and see them and she also brought us some really great food. Natasha and Brandon also stopped by to say hi and meet the girls. After they left, I headed out with the girls in the stroller, for their second stroller ride, down the hill from Grandma's house to my old school that I taught at. Natalie and Meagan got to meet tons of new people that 'Mommy' used to work with. It was so much fun!!! They did a great job! After visiting at the school, I walked the stroller back up the hill to Grandma's and us three hung out there. Grandma came home and we talked and looked at Matt's baby pictures to compare. Then I headed back home with the girls, following Matt. When we got home, Stephanie, from the twins group, came over to see the girls and brought us 'On the Border' to eat. It was such a great and long day, but so worth it. Friday we got back to our normal schedule, but 'Mommy' sure was exhausted. The girls didn't sleep too well Thursday night. Friday night 'Daddy and Mommy' watched 'Pete's Dragon' and waited for Oma and Opa to arrive. They got to our house and held the girls for a little bit and then we all went to bed, except for Matt who does the 1am feeding.
Saturday ~ Oma and Opa helped with the morning feedings, which is always nice! Matt and I had to run a bunch of errands, so Oma and Opa babysat for us. When we got home, we ate lunch and then got ready to go to Grandma's house. Matt, Opa, Oma, myself and the girls, all rode in my car. We had traffic on the way there, so one of the many times the girls will be in traffic. Once we got to Grandma's house, 'Daddy' started cooking steaks, corn and bread on the grill. 'Mommy' went swimming to get some exercise. It felt good outside, a little bit of a cold front came through. Opa, Oma, Grandma, Daddy, Mommy, Natalie and Meagan all sat outside by the pool and ate the delicious food. That was the girls first outdoor meal with family. It was fun!!! We got back in the pool and hung out for a little while. We then all loaded back into the car and headed back home. It was the first time the girls have driven in the car at night!!
Sunday ~ Oma, Grandma, Lynn and I went to the movies to see 'Julie and Julia' while Opa and Daddy watched the girls. After the movie, we ate at Pei Wei and took the men some food too. Had a good time!! Oma and Opa stayed for most of the day and even helped me clean the house, it needed it so bad!!! They headed back to their house. Always good to have them!!!
Today ~ I had a great day today. It was so nice, I had my Aunt Cindy, Aunt Sandra and 2nd Cousin Patty come visit today. They were a lot of help. They took turns feeding, holding and changing the girls. Sandra and I let Patty and Cindy watch the girls while we went to pick up 'Luby's' to eat for lunch. It was fun visiting, so glad that they came. They looked at old photo albums that my parents had brought up when they came. It was just some fun girl time!
Well, I guess that is it for now. Meagan and Natalie sure are growing strong everyday and definitely showing us a little bit more of their personalities each and every day. We love them so much!!!
Always,
The Carters =-)

1 comment:

  1. what a busy week!! Sounds like you had a ton of fun!! You are doing such a great job and it seems like your an old pro. No one would ever think these are your first kids :)

    ReplyDelete