Last Monday, on the 16th, Daddy and I took the girls to their four month doctor's appointment. They of course got some shots, which they cried again when they got them, but were fine after a little while. They are troopers!! They also got weighed and measured. Natalie now weighs 13lbs. 10oz. and her length was 25". Meagan now weighs 15lbs. 6oz. and her length was 26". Meagan is almost two pounds heavier than Natalie. That is sooooo funny!! After the doctor's appointment, I came home with the girls and they were pretty tired today, but they didn't really seem too affected by the doctor's visit. They started making some more new noises today, Natalie kind of sounds like a pigeon and Meagan is making an uhhh noise. Natalie is still drooling more than ever and Meagan is still doing her famous spit bubbles and noise. They are so precious.
On Tuesday, Daddy came home a little early because I had a doctors appointment for myself. He got to have some Daddy time with them while I went there and also went grocery shopping. Wednesday I decided to put the girls down in their cribs for nap time with a soft blanket and a lovie (Natalie with an Elephant and Meagan with a giraffe, both from Aunt Terrell and Aunt Celeste). This was the first time I let them sleep with a blanket and a lovie. I still don't do that at night, but I will during nap time, so I can keep an eye on them. They seem to really like it and it helps them fall asleep themselves.
Thursday night, Grandma came over with Chicken Salad for dinner, so all of us ate and then Daddy, Grandma, the girls and I headed to the Downtown area to go to the Christmas Light Lighting. The girls didn't enjoy it very much because it was so close to their sleeping and feeding time, so they cried the whole time. The lights were so pretty when they came on. That was the first time I remember going to something like that. It was so neat and pretty. The downtown is now all lit up for the Holidays!! We ran into a friend of mine from my twins group with her twins. That was fun! We left right after the lights came on, since the girls were telling us they were ready to go! ;) I still had a good time though. They will enjoy it more next year! Grandma came home with me and she helped me feed the girls and put them to bed. Fun times! Friday was just another normal day at home, having fun playing with the girls. Saturday, Daddy and I just stayed home all day and played with the girls. Daddy had a great time with the girls. I like when we are all home to hang out with each other, love family time! Saturday night, we headed to Grandma's house and Daddy made chili for him and me. We put the girls in their pack in plays and waited for Aunt Celeste, Cade and Aunt Terrell to get there. We talked to them for a while and played with Cade before he went to bed. Grandma came home and we all talked. Matt and I headed home and let the girls spend the night there, so they could spend time with their Grandma, Aunts and Cousin in the morning. 

Sunday morning, Daddy and I drove to Grandma's house and helped get the girls ready. They wore little Christmas outfits the Grammie gave to them. They were adorable. Aunt Celeste, Cade, Aunt Terrell and Grandma followed Daddy and I to Brenham to the Ellison Greenhouse for the Poinsettia Celebration. There were poinsettias everywhere. There was even a tree made out of poinsettias. Santa Claus was even there. The girls had their picture taken with him, they cried, but stopped to get a couple of good ones taken. Daddy and I got in the picture too and they even took one with Cade. We had lunch there and then we headed back to Grandma's house. Grandma got to babysit Cade and the girls by herself!! Terrell had to study and Daddy had to work. Celeste and I went shopping. We had a good time! Celeste and I went back to eat dinner at Grandma's house and then Daddy and I took the girls home. We are all having a great time visiting with family! Wish we could do it more often!! Next week I will write about the girls first Thanksgiving!! We are so excited!! =)

They are so adorable! Cade loves them so much! He was asking today about the "babies."
ReplyDelete