Tuesday, I loaded up the girls and drove up to Grandma's house, so the girls could spend time with family. Celeste and Terrell helped me watch the girls in the morning. Terrell had to go take her GRE, so Celeste took her there and I watched Cade and the girls again for about an hour and a half by myself. Grandma came home from work, so then she helped me out. We played with them the rest of the day. Grandma even made Natalie do her first belly laugh. Daddy came over later and helped out. We put them all to bed and Grandma and Daddy left, but I waited around to watch the little ones and also until Celeste, Terrell and Kelly came home (they picked him up from the airport). Hung out with them and talked a bit. Daddy and I followed each other home, we let the girls spend the night there again.
Wednesday, I headed back to Grandma's again. Grandma and Kelly were going to babysit all three kiddos while Celeste, Terrell and I drove to Houston to pick up pictures of Cade. We ate lunch and shopped just a little bit, we wanted to get back to visit. Aunt Celeste got Meagan to do her first belly laugh, it was so cute. That afternoon and night we got prepared for Thanksgiving, so everything would be ready and perfect for lunch! The girls stayed at Grandma's again. Daddy and I headed home later on that night. Daddy's family is so sweet.
Thursday (Natalie and Meagan's first Thanksgiving), Daddy and I headed to Grandma's again and helped get some things ready and played with the girls and Cade. We also took pictures of the family, including Great Grandpa and Great Uncle Bill. We put the girls down for a nap and Cade too. Then all the grown ups ate a wonderful Thanksgiving meal. It was so good, with stuffing, turkey, corn, rice, rolls, homemade cranberry sauce, green bean casserole, three different pies (chess, pecan and chocolate), etc. Afterwards, we all relaxed because we were so full. I played ball with Cade outside. He is such a good boy and loves to punt the ball. Daddy left to go to the A&M and UT football game, so I stayed and hung out with family. Had a good time and the girls had a great first Thanksgiving. I headed home to pack for tomorrow. Natalie and Meagan still stayed at Grandma's.

Friday, Daddy and I slept in a little bit and I packed and loaded up the car. We drove to Grandma's house and had lunch there. We visited a little more and then after the two o'clock bottle, we said bye to everyone and headed to Fredericksburg to Oma and Opa's house. We didn't have to stop once, yay!! The girls did so good too, Meagan only cried for about 15 minutes when we were almost there. Once we got there, Aunt Tara and Oma helped feed them right away. Jason and Opa were there also. Jason had just shot a deer though, so Opa went to help him clean it. Daddy went to Wal-Mart to get groceries for the next day. He got a flat tire while he was gone, so Opa, Tara and Jason went to help him change it. While they were doing that Shannon, Tina and Rihana stopped by to see the babies. They held them and stayed and talked. Tina is pregnant and they just found out that they are having a boy. So excited for them. Daddy and everyone got back okay and visited. Shannon, Tina and Rihana left and we put the girls to bed. I just wanted to note here that Natalie has started slapping her hand at toys and other things. Both girls are starting to practice holding their own bottles too, but of course not quite there yet. We visited a little more and then went to sleep.
Saturday, Daddy and I got up early to head to Boerne to get my tire fixed. When I was pulling out of my parents drive way I scratched the side of my bumper on a post. I was not happy with myself! :( Daddy and I drove to the Toyota place and waited for about two hours and they fixed the tire. We headed back to Oma and Opa's and got ready to go to my Aunt Janet's for lunch with the Behrends family. Opa got some of the scratches out with compound, which made me happy!! We put the girls car seats in Opa's truck for the first time and Opa, Oma, Daddy, the girls and I drove to Janet's house for the lunch get together. It was fun to hung out with everyone and more family meeting the girls. We took the girls back to Oma and Opa's around 6ish to give them a bath, eat and go to bed a little early. They had a big day! Daddy and I went back out to Janet's and played 42 domino's with some family. Tara and Jason followed us back home. We had a fun time with family! I love them all so much!

Sunday, Sandra and Dennis came over in the morning for breakfast and to visit with Natalie and Meagan. Tara and Jason came over too. Then Bernice, Blaine, Kenzlyn and Huntleigh also came over to visit. It was fun to see them! Everyone left, so we played with the girls and then we all ate lunch. Daddy stayed for a little longer, but then he headed out to. This is the first time he will go a day without seeing the girls. It was sad to say goodbye. We took care of the girls the rest of the day and watched a movie, The Ugly Truth. It was kind of dumb. Opa, Oma and I ate dinner and then watched a Hallmark movie while Opa and I put up the Christmas tree. We had a great Thanksgiving with family!! Couldn't ask for anything better.
What a fun filled 1st Thanksgiving. I bet the girls are wiped out after this week.
ReplyDeleteHappy 1st Thanksgiving Carter Twins!!!