Natalie and Meagan in cute M&M outfits that our surrogate, Lisa, got for the girls. They are showing off their personalities!
This week was just another normal week at home with Mommy. I took tons of pictures again and took the girls on walks twice this week. Wednesday, when I took some pictures I noticed how much better the girls are holding up their heads. Meagan hit that milestone first because she is a little stronger than Natalie, but Natalie is doing really good now! We have been practicing rolling over more this week, which they really like. They are so sweet! Meagan has been our loud talking (noise maker) for a while now, but now Natalie is really starting to be vocal. Meagan's is more of a Wah sound and Natalie is more of a Hoo sound (like an owl). When Meagan wants to impress someone she shows them her spit bubbles, too funny! They are both bashful at times and both still love to smile. That is one of the biggest joys to my heart when they smile. It is hard to describe all the love I feel when I look in their eyes!! It is one of the best feelings in the whole world!
Grandma came over on Wednesday to watch the girls in the afternoon, while Matt and I ran some errands as always and got a bite to eat.
On Friday, I took the girls to Grandma's house because she wanted to watch the girls overnight. This was the first time Daddy or I haven't stayed with the girls overnight. It was kind of sad, but Daddy and I did get a lot of stuff done around the house (we cleaned). We also got to go to dinner and went to a movie.
Natalie, Meagan and NatashaSaturday, (Natalie and Meagan's four month birthday) we drove up to Grandma's and picked up the girls and headed to Houston for the first time for Natasha's (our friends Thad and Nyree's daughter) third birthday party. This was the girls first birthday party. They got to meet Nyree, her parents, Thad's parents and Natasha for the first time. They also got to sit on a pony for the first time for a little bit. The girls also took a nap together for the first time in the same pack-n-play. It was cute! We fun at the party and getting a chance to visit. Nyree and Thad's mom's loved the babies!! After the party, we headed back to Grandma's and then walked down the street to The Benton's house for the Benton Bash. This was their second party of the day. They had a long day, but fun! They meet a lot of new people at this party too. Finally got to meet the Moore's and the Benton's and some of the Kolby's that they hadn't meet yet. It was the Benton's twin boys 6th birthday! We had fun talking, eating and meeting new people. Even Gus and Kourtney were there. The girls started getting fussy and tired, so we took them back to Grandma's and she helped us bathe and feed the girls. We were going to take the girls home with us, but we decided just to let them spend the night with Grandma again since they had such a busy day!! Matt and I headed home and watched our Netfix movie.
Meagan, Aunt Tara and NatalieThis morning I went to Grandma's and picked up the girls and brought them back home. Daddy and hung out with them and I also finished cleaning up the house. Aunt Tara came to visit us today for a little while. We all enjoyed her visit! It was nice of her to come down! The girls really like her and seem to know her (at least know that she has been around before)!! We had such a good weekend for their four month birthday! We go to their four month doctor's appointment tomorrow morning! More shots!!!
Always,
The Carters ;-)
Seriously?!!!!! 4 months already. Time goes by so incredibly fast when you have kids doesn't it? Enjoy every moment.
ReplyDelete