Sunday, May 9, 2010

Mommy's First Mother's Day!!!

Monday, May 3rd, the girls and I played all morning. I just wanted to make a note that they still take two naps a day, usually 10 to 11am and 2-3pm, which lately sometimes they have been taking longer afternoon naps. We are still eating and taking a bottle at 7:30am, 11:30am and 5:30pm and just take a bottle at 3:30pm. This afternoon, the girls and I ran some errands and looked at houses, just for fun!! :) Meagan definitely knows Mama and Dada and knows what they mean. We think that she might even know Bottle as baba. We also think that Natalie might know Daddy as dada because she seems to say it to him. Daddy got home and he got to play with the girls and take care of them tonight. I went to my twins meeting, where they talked about tummy tucks. I'm not interested in doing that, but it was interesting to learn more about.
Tuesday, Meagan and Natalie's 42nd week birthday. We hung out at the house and played all day. They took really good naps today. We went for a walk to the pond and fed a couple of new animals, the squirrel and a blue jay and of course the ducks, fish and turtles. The girls were both looking at all of them eating the bread. When Daddy got home, he made us dinner and played with the girls. We are still feeding the girls baby food, haven't really let them try any adult food yet, besides Cheerios, but it will come soon. Wednesday, First Cinco De Mayo, we played and ran some errands. I got to rearrange the livingroom a bit with all the baby toys and put some in the garage for storage. The girls still have their colds this week. Meagan is getting a little better and Natalie is at the stage of getting it worse. I dressed the girls in little Mexican Dresses for the holiday. Daddy came home and played with them while I cooked us Tacos to eat. We took pictures and video of the girls in their dresses. After we put the girls to bed, we watched a movie, 'Eagle Eye.' Good Cinco De Mayo!! :)
Thursday, not to much today, just usual of playing around the house and I took the girls to Walgreen's to pick out some Mother's Day cards, Birthday cards and Graduation cards. They did great, they are so sweet!! I cooked dinner again tonight and Daddy came home and played.
Friday, in the morning the girls played while I packed for our trip to Fredericksburg. At lunch time, we drove to eat lunch with Matt's family (Margie, Bill, Alex, Great-Grandpa and Grandma). Good to talk with everyone. After lunch, I went by the city center and signed the girls up for Water Babies starting soon. That should be a lot of fun!! We went to Grandma's house and played with the toys over there and they took their nap. I fed them their dinner early and Grandma and Daddy came. We left soon after that and us four drove to Oma and Opa's. Oma got to bath them and she pointed their hair up straight with the baby shampoo, really cute. We put them to bed and Opa came home from a baseball game of Tyler's. Daddy, Opa and I stayed up and watched 'Sherlock Holmes.' I think I am the only one that stayed up and watched the whole thing. Daddy wasn't feeling well with a congestion.
Saturday, Oma got up with Meagan in the morning and played with her. I got up and got Natalie up to play. Aunt Tara and Jason came over to play and Oma cooked us breakfast. Opa and Daddy got up and hung out. Daddy and I went into town and went to Main Street and went into some shops and into Clear River (a little soda shop) and had a chocolate shake. I put $.25 into an Elvis machine and it sang a little bit of one of his songs, funny!! Then we went into jewelry stores and went into Segner's and I got to pick out my own Mother's Day gift. I picked a necklace with two hearts intertwined to represent my girls!! :) I love it!! We still got it wrapped though. Went back to Oma and Opa's and ate lunch (BBQ) with everyone. Good BBQ!! Jason went fishing on his kayak and Daddy, Opa and I went for a ride in one of Opie's little metal boats. It was my first time to be on a boat in that part of the Pedernales River by their house. The girls were napping and Oma and Tara were watching them. I came back and then Daddy and Opa went fishing. I little later Omie, Opie, Betty Ann and Janet came over to visit and eat hamburgers. We gave Oma and Omie their Mother's Day cards and Oma her present of a picture book of the girls. Gave Tara and Opie their birthday cards to. We had fun talking and visiting. Everyone left and went home. I stayed up and watched Betty White on Saturday Night Live and then I went to bed. Wonderful Day!!! Sunday, Mommy's first Mother's Day, everyone played with Meagan and Natalie. All had a great time. I opened my Mother's Day cards from the girls and Daddy. In the girls cards were their hands traced, so I can always remember how big their hands were on this day!! :) I also opened my present from Daddy, the heart necklace! I took some family pictures with my camera. It was so pretty and green out at Oma and Opa's house. We said bye to Aunt Tara and Jason and then Oma, Opa, Daddy and I ate lunch and headed on the road. We had such a great time with the family. What a great first Mother's Day!! Girls were great on the trip. Slept for most of it and then talked to each other the rest of the trip. We drove to Grandma's house and played with Cousin Cade. Uncle Kelly, Aunt Celeste and Grandma made dinner. We had fried shrimp, other good shrimp and sausage. I ate way too much this weekend!!! Celeste had also gotten us a Cookie Cake with 'Happy Mother's Day' written on it. We gave each other cards and gave Grandma her Photo book of the girls up to Nine Months Old. This was a wonderful day!! We brought the girls home and got ready for bed.
Somethings that the girls did this week:
Meagan loves to play with doors, opening and closing them, sometimes with Natalie in the way. They play a little game together. Since Natalie isn't crawling yet, she likes to roll around to get to places she wants to go. By the end of this week, Natalie has kind of figured out the crawling stance, but is still building up enough strength to be able to actually crawl. Meagan loves to crawl over things and people. Everytime I lay on the floor by them, she always does her little happy noise and starts crawling on top of me. Meagan really good at standing up using furniture and walking toys. She has even started using one hand to reach down to help her sit without falling and she uses one hand to hold onto a toy and then the other with the furniture. She even pulls herself up on my legs now. When we stand Natalie up on hold on to the coffee table, she can hold one toy in one hand now to, she is more unsteady then Meagan, but she is doing a great job!! Natalie's first tooth is still trying to come all the way out, but it is there!! :) In less than 10 weeks, my girls will be One!! Exciting and sad at the same time!!! :)

1 comment:

  1. Happy First Mother's Day!!! I know you day was a great one.

    I can't believe the girls are almost 1! WOW!!

    ReplyDelete