Monday, May 31, 2010

First Memorial Day!

Monday, May 24th, the girls and I played all day at home, which was nice and relaxing. That afternoon, we went to water babies again and Daddy met us there. We had it with the same people, Crystal and Caden, Celeste and Cade, Sarah K. and her little boy and then us four. Had fun! Afterwards, we went to Grandma's house and Grandma and I swam with Meagan, Natalie and Cade in her pool. It was the first time they swam in her big pool. We had a really good mexican dinner and then we came home. Natalie has her second tooth coming in and it seems to really bother her. I think it is because her first tooth is still coming in as well, so she has double the tooth pain, poor thing!!
Tuesday, Daddy, the girls and I met Sarah at the old Terrell House and we took 10 month pictures there. While we were outside taking pictures, Great Grandpa came by to watch for a little bit. I think the pictures are going to be really cute!!! After the pictures, the girls and I went over to Grandma's and played. Daddy came over for lunch and then we put the girls to sleep. He went back to work and the girls ended up taking a really good nap. Guess they were exhausted from taking all those pictures!! :) Celeste and Grandma came home and they got ready for water babies. Grandma rode with the girls and I and she helped me out in water babies today because Matt had a meeting. We went back to Grandma's and we had pizza for dinner. While I was at Grandma's today, Meagan learned how to climb her stairs all by herself, so that is a new thing we have to look out for. We went ahead and had the girls and Cade take a little bath together and got them ready for bed and gave them their bottles. They stayed up and played until Daddy got home. We headed out and as soon as we got home, put the girls to bed.
Wednesday, we played all morning together. They took a great nap this afternoon, so it gave me a chance to do some much needed cleaning around the house!!! We went to water babies again this afternoon with Daddy and then went to Grandma's and ate dinner with Celeste, Cade, Kelly and Grandma. Daddy had dinner with his friend, Bryon instead. I came home and bathed the girls and put them to sleep. Daddy came home a little later and we started watching a Netflix movie, but fell asleep before it was over!
Thursday, we played and Natalie and I played a peek-a-boo game using the coffee table. I would look above it and below and Natalie would do the same. She loved it! She loves to throw the ball to you, I think that is her new favorite game. She is going to be a great sharer and a good sport as she gets older, I can just tell!! Meagan also played the coffee table game and we rolled a ball to each other on the coffee table. She also loves to play peek-a-boo in the little tunnel they have. They took a great nap and so did I!!! I was exhausted for some reason!! :) Once we were all up, we got ready for our last water babies!! We headed up there and Daddy met us there. We had a great time and they even gave the girls little certificates for completing water babies! That was a treat! We went to Grandma's and we ate dinner with Cade and Grandma. Great Aunt Margie came over to a little bit to say hi and visit. We headed home and put them to bed later then usual, that pretty much happened all week! Both girls love to explore their surroundings. They have so much fun doing it!! Meagan likes to put her head to the side and look at things from that angle! :) And I think Natalie likes the TV a little too much!! Both girls have learned to make the clicking noise with their tongues, Natalie has done it a couple of times, but Meagan really likes to do it!
Friday, went to the Utilities place with the girls to play a bill and ran some other errands. Came back home and played ball on the floor. They took a great nap and then in the afternoon around 3:30, Oma and Opa came to visit!! Not long after that, Trisha, Scott, Luke and Logan stopped by for a visit also! I love their family, they are sweet! Her boys loved the big giraffe in the girls room. I'm so glad that they stopped by on their way through town!! After I fed the girls their dinner, Trisha's family, Oma and Opa and the girls and I went to Wings-N-More to eat. Daddy met us there to! We had fun eating, talking and taking care of the kiddos. :) After we ate, we said bye to them, so good to see them!!! Opa and Daddy took the girls home and Oma and I went grocery shopping! When we got back, Opa and Daddy were putting the girls to sleep! After they were in bed, the guys mowed and weeded the yard, while Oma and I cleaned up inside! We had a great day!!
Saturday, Oma, Opa, Daddy and I played with the girls in the morning. Around 11am, Daddy, Opa and I headed to a truck dealership to go get Daddy a new pickup! Oma got to babysit the girls while we were doing that. We test drove the truck and picked up Grandma to take a ride. We took her back home and then the dealership let us take the truck to lunch. Daddy, Opa and I ate at the Wrangler and we discussed about the truck, whether or not to get it. When we got back to the dealership, we decided to get it!! :) Beautiful truck, we love it!! We came home in the truck and Oma and the girls got to see it. We took some pictures!! :) Oma and I rode in it to the post office and then came back home. Oma said she had a great time babysitting the girls! During the afternoon we all just hung out at the house as a family and ate tacos for dinner. We had a wonderful day!! The girls were starting to get a little fussy, so Oma gave them a bath earlier and we put them to bed a little earlier to. I got to go through their clothes a little today, they grow out of everything so fast!! We noticed that Natalie has started mimicking sounds, which is really good!! I could say 'Oh' and then say will say it right after me. She is a little smarty pants!!
Sunday, Daddy slept in a little bit, so Oma, Opa and I got to play with the girls in the morning. I was really tired this morning!! When Daddy got up, he played with the girls. We had a nice relaxing time together. Daddy went to the store, so he could make something for Joey's pool party. He came back home and made them and then we said bye to Oma and Opa. We love when they come visit!! We headed out right after they did to Joey, Kelly, Karson and Wesley's house. It was the first time that Joey and Kelly got to meet the girls. Kristi, Brian, Carter and Kaylee were there to!! We swam with the girls in the pool, which they loved!! We visited and ate some food and had a great time! It was so good to visit with them, wish we could see their family more! :) We headed home and stopped at a McDonald's on the way back to get Cousin Cade a Shrek glass. He is so obsessed with Shrek right now, so we had to get it for him. Grandma said that was the only glass she didn't get, so we found one for him! We made it home safely and got the girls ready for bed right away. They were so sleepy!! What a great weekend and we still have Monday to spend with Daddy, yay!!!
Monday, Memorial Day, Daddy and I played with the girls and then we headed over to Grandma's house for some fun in the sun there!!! :) We had a great time!! We hung out with Allison, Morgan, Margie, Bill, Janet, Grandma, Great Grandpa, Celeste, Kelly and Cade. We had burgers and great food! It was a great first Memorial Day!! It is getting close to the girls first birthday, so I won't be able to say their first holidays anymore!!! Guess I will just have to say second, ha!! After we ate dinner, Daddy, Kelly, Cade, the girls and I got in the pool and swam. Celeste and Grandma watched us! Our girls and Cade definitely love the water!!!! We all ate s'mores after we were done swimming. Yummy!! It was so nice just sitting outside by the pool with everyone! What a great day!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment