Monday, August 16, 2010

Back Home!!

Monday, August 9th, the girls and I hung out with Opa all morning and played. Opa got to see Meagan walk more today. We all ate lunch together and then the girls and I headed back home. Once we got home, we just relaxed and played. Daddy was coming back home today to, but he only got to see the girls for a little bit because it was their bed time.
On Wednesday, I got a surprise call from Opa and him and Opie were driving through town and wanted to have lunch with the girls and I. I was excited!! We met them at Koppe Bridge to eat. We had a good time talking! When we were leaving I backed into a tree that was behind me in my car!! I was trying to say bye to Opa and Opie again and didn't see the tree behind me!! Oh well, just a little imprint!! We came back home and played! Daddy hasn't been feeling good this week, so he has been trying to make himself feel better!
Thursday, I took the girls over to Marcy's house for a twins playdate. We had fun, they played with toys and played in the little swimming pools. There were two pools placed right next to eachother, so both Meagan and Natalie liked stepping from one to the other. We headed out soon after they were in the pool. The rest of the day we just stayed at home and played. Daddy came home early because he wasn't feeling good, so we let him rest. Meagan has been walking all over the place this week. Guess she took a break part of last week from walking and now she wants to do it all the time!! Natalie is still climbing into chairs and other things. They both still love to play on the recliner and rock and also like playing on the couch. Grandma came over tonight and we put together some invitations for Trey. She also got to play with them for a little bit and gave them a bath. I got to get out of the house for a little bit to get us something to eat. We had a good time talking and doing the invitations.
Saturday, the girls 13 month birthday, I let Daddy sleep in and around noon, I took the girls over to Jessica's house to play with Cameron and Avery. Natalie of course saw her cat right away and had a big smile on her face. They had a great time playing with eachother, it took a little while for them to warm up to eachother, but they did. Natalie and Meagan liked riding their rocking horse. It was good for Jessica and I to get a chance to talk, mostly about the girls! :) Meagan had a little tantrum while we were there. She tossed a drum stick behind her and she threw it hard (thank goodness no one was where she threw it)!!! She was just tried, it was her naptime. Other than that, they were all playing great together. Meagan walked everywhere. When we first got there, Natalie turned on the little vacuum that Jessica had and it made all the girls cry. It was funny! We left Jessica's and then came home. I dropped off the girls with Daddy, so they could take a nap and I drove to Great Grandpa's to go riding with Grandma and Great Grandpa to take pictures around the county. We had a good time driving. It was all of our first time to Gibbons Creek. When we were done with that, I headed back home and Daddy, the girls and I went to afternoon church. The girls were very wiggly throughout the whole thing, but they need to get used be somewhere where they have to be quiet. I love going to church with the family! After church, we headed to Luby's to eat dinner. When we were almost done eating, Natalie let out a big toot, which of course made me laugh. When I was laughing, Meagan was laughing because I was laughing, it was cute. So after we stunk up Luby's, ha, we headed home and got them ready for bed.
Sunday, Daddy and I both played with the girls in the morning. Natalie ended up taking a morning nap with Daddy on the couch, she was so tired. Meagan and Natalie both have had a runny nose this week. Meagan got to eat lunch before Natalie did and then Grandma came over to help Daddy watch and play with the girls. Natalie ate her lunch then. I went shopping for them and for me. I also had to go grocery shopping. I bought the girls tons of food and I also got them a barnyard magnet toy to put on our refrigerator. They have really loved playing with magnets this week, so I wanted to get them some toy ones. Grandma and Daddy had a great time with them. Grandma said they just loved playing on the couch!! I took a cute picture of Daddy and Natalie, Natalie was sitting on the couch just like Daddy was. The girls love to have grown ups attention pretty much all the time now. I think they like the praise that they get from us!! They love to play peek-a-boo behind our french door curtains, it is so funny! Both girls know where the fan is and the light, but Natalie is the one who will point to them when asked. They used real toothbrushes for the first time tonight, other than the ones that we put on our finger and then brush their teeth. They seem to like them. One has Piglet on it (Natalie's) and the other one has Pooh on it (Meagan's).

No comments:

Post a Comment