Monday, August 23rd, the girls and I ran some errands in the morning, which was fun because it included walking around the mall to find them some tennis shoes. We finally found some that were really cute, so I got them. We came back home, so they could relax a little and eat lunch. We played in the afternoon and Daddy played when he got home! Both girls are teething again! Natalie is getting her third tooth on top and Meagan is getting her third tooth on the bottom!
Tuesday, Oma and Opa's 36th Anniversary, I drove the girls to Houston and we got stunk in traffic for about an hour. I had it covered though. The girls mostly slept through it and when they woke up, it was snack time, so I handed them their snack cups and sippy cups of water. We finally got out of the traffic and arrived at Thad, Nyree and Natasha's house. It was just the girls! Natasha was excited to see the girls and they all played with Natasha's toys. Natasha even wanted to help change the girls diapers. She was a big help! We decided to eat at a nearby restaurant called 'Corner Cafe.' It had sandwiches and such. The girls had macaroni, fruit and crackers. It was crowded, but we got through it. I even ran into a high school friend, Stephanie, there. She got to meet Meagan because I was holding her and Nyree had Natalie across the way. While we were eating, Meagan kept giving me her famous stare and Nyree and I thought it was so funny. We went back to Nyree's and played for a little bit more and then it was the girls nap time, so I headed out. We had a great time over there! Wish they lived a little closer, we could see them more often! The drive home was great! Once we were home, we played and before Daddy got home, I asked the girls 'Where is Daddy?' Meagan walked to the screen door and Natalie crawled over there and looked outside and then back at me, as to say 'He isn't here.' It was just cute that they both knew where to look for him when he comes home! Once Daddy really was home, they were so excited and got to play!!
Wednesday, this morning Natalie said 'ba' after I asked her to point to a baby that is on a tube, so she found the baby and said 'ba'. The girls seem to always play really good together, they seem to really like each others company. While both of them eat, they love to hand me some food to put in my mouth or they just want to put it in my mouth themselves. It is usually always the food they don't want to eat. I have to get onto Natalie sometimes because if she doesn't want a certain type of food, she will throw it on the floor. I am trying to stop this before it becomes a habit!! :) Grandma came over to visit for a little while. While she was there, Natalie stood all by herself really well and then took a couple of steps. She did such a good job! I even got it on video!! While Grandma was there, Meagan said 'ight' for light and I told Grandma that she would kind of say outside earlier today. Grandma brought them two new books to look at that were really cute!! We had Meagan were the new Nikes I had gotten them the other day and she had a fun time walking in them, but Grandma and I thought they might get to small pretty fast, so I will have to return them and see if they have a bigger size. Grandma had to leave to go stay with Great Grandpa and pretty soon after she left, Daddy came home to play. Before we put the girls to bed, we brush their teeth the best that we can. Natalie loves to chew on her toothbrush while she is held and Meagan loves to cuddle, especially with Daddy. We put the girls to bed and then Oma and Opa came over shortly after that. We stayed up and visited with them for a little while. So glad they came to visit and watch the girls!!
Thursday, I helped Oma with breakfast and then we played for a little bit. Opa headed out early this morning to go to work in Galveston and to go fishing, so we didn't get to see him. Around 10am, I had my mom watch the girls while I went to get a much needed pedicure, an hour and a half massage and a haircut!! I had such a relaxing time, I loved it!! I came home afterwards and the girls were still napping, so I ate lunch. When the girls woke up, Oma, the girls and I went to the mall to exchange the nike shoes. We ended up finding some cute shoes at Beall's. We even all got our own cookies at the mall and ate them. The girls got a Snicker Doodle cookie and loved it!! They ate it all up! We came back home and fed the girls some dinner and then while Oma played with the girls, I made salmon croquettes, corn and beans. Turned out really good! Daddy came home right after the food was done. I also made brownies, yum!! We all helped to get the girls to bed. Early today, when I was getting the girls snack cups together, I handed Meagan hers and then she wanted Natalie's to, I wasn't going to give it to her because I thought she wanted it for herself, but decided to give it to her and told her to go give it to Natalie and she did. It was so sweet, she is learning how to share!! :) Meagan also talked and screamed a lot today!! Natalie loves loves loves books!! She would have you read to her all day if she could! She always brings us her favorite books, especially 'The Nose Book'.
Friday, Oma and I played with the girls for a little bit and then I started packing for Jeanette's wedding. I got dressed for the rehearsal dinner and Daddy got home. Once Daddy got home, we loaded up and we said bye to our sweet girls. This was going to be the first time (that I can remember) I will be away from the girls for more then a day and night. We got to Dallas just fine and I went to the rehearsal while Daddy checked into the hotel. I got to play peek-a-boo with little Chloe. She is so precious. Daddy picked me up and we drove to the rehearsal dinner and sat with Julie and talked to Jeanette's brother a lot. After the dinner, I went over to a nearby Pub with the girls and talked for a little bit there. Julie and I headed back to the hotel after an hour, we were both tired. * While we were having fun in Dallas, Opa came back to our house to help Oma with the girls that night. Oma said earlier to that she was swinging the girls in the backyard and when she was ready to bring them inside, she couldn't get Natalie out of her swing, so she took Meagan inside and then got some scissors and had to cut the scrape. Daddy and I thought that was too funny.
Saturday, I didn't sleep well last night, I had a bad headache, so I got Daddy up early and we went to the hotel restaurant and ate at the buffet. I started feeling better and I took some medicine and we sleep for a little longer. I then let Daddy sleep more, while I met some of the girls in the wedding and Jeanette at the hair place. We had food and mimosas. We then went to the reception place to learn how to use the Polaroid camera for the scrapbook I was going to help with at the wedding tonight. I gave a couple of girls and Jeanette a ride back to the hotel and then I got myself ready. Daddy got us some lunch to eat and then I went to Jeanette's room to hang out for a little bit. All the bridesmaids and house party (me) rode in a limo bus to the church. Glad I got to do that with them! I got to see Jeanette in her dress and then Allison and I had to go help the guys with their flowers, which I think I actually did okay with!! :) Then we waited in the church to pass out the programs. The wedding was beautiful! Allison, Ryan, Daddy and I headed out as soon as the wedding was over, so we could get ready to take the Polaroid pictures. I was in charge of taking the pictures, hopefully I did an okay job! Once we were done with that, we just had fun at the wedding!! We had a great time, so happy for Jeanette and Buck!! Once we were back at the hotel, we rode in the elevator with Jeanette and Buck and told them to have fun on the honeymoon! It was a great day! Missed the girls tons, but it was great! * Opa and Oma played with the girls all day at home!

Sunday, I woke up at normal time, so I got ready and let Daddy sleep. I went to the rooftop pool and hung out up there. I laid down on a chair and just closed my eyes. I sat in the shade and a nice breeze was blowing, it was so relaxing. I also called Oma to see how the girls were and I talked to them!! I went to get Daddy up and we loaded up and then met up with Amy, Trey and Lauren at Denny's before we headed out of town. It was so good to see them!! We had a great brunch and then we headed out. Daddy and I were so ready to be home to see the girls and of course Oma and Opa! When we got to the house, Natalie smiled at us through the door and then we opened the door and Meagan laughed and clapped. It just melted my heart!! I love them so much!!! Oma and Opa hung out with us for just a little bit. They really enjoyed their time with the girls. We all went outside to say bye to them and you could tell on their faces they were kind of sad to see them leave or else confused about where they were going. We came back inside and played! We had a great afternoon! Natalie still loving the books, she likes this color book now to. Meagan, whenever she sits in her highchair, automatically grabs Natalie's highchair to bring it closer to hers. (It is because she wants to be able to reach Natalie's food, ha!!)
No comments:
Post a Comment