Monday, Aug. 16th, I took the girls to my first Joyful Hearts Meeting at church. They had babysitters there across the hall (two college kids) from where we meet and I left the girls in there. That was the first time the girls have been watched by someone I didn't know. I enjoyed meeting new people at the meeting and talking. When the meeting was over (I left a little early because I wanted to get the girls), I walked across the hall and peeked through the window. Natalie was being held and Meagan was walking all over the place. So I walked in and the one holding Natalie said that she had just starting getting a little fussy and then they said they both were really sweet!! That's what a mom wants to hear!! :) We headed home, so they could eat some lunch. We played at home the rest of the day and had fun! Daddy came home and we all played. I got to go to Boston's for a Mom's Night Out with the twins group and had a great time talking. I love going to those!!
Tuesday, Oma's birthday today, I took the girls for a walk in the morning before it got really hot. We walked over to the duck pond and those ducks were so hungry! I fed them some bread while the girls watched. Then I got Natalie out of the stroller and she helped feed the ducks. She figured it out right away. Then I gave Meagan a turn. I think she wanted the bread for herself because she didn't want to let go of the bread, but once she finally did, she liked feeding it to the ducks. I put her back in her stroller and all the ducks came out of the water and towards us, I think one even nipped at Natalie's toe. It was fun!! Natalie walked along the refrigerator and the wall. She was so proud of herself, huge grin on her face. Meagan hugs you really tight when she doesn't want to be put in her crib for naptime or bedtime. So sweet!! Natalie's favorite book right now is 'The Nose Book.' She likes to find the ball in that book and then she will bring it to Daddy and I. We always ask her 'Where is the ball, Natalie?' And she points to it right away!
Thursday, in the morning, Daddy, the girls and I meet up with Sarah from Butterfly Chaser Photography to take pictures while they are 13 months old. We went to the George Bush Library and walked around to the back. It was pretty! It was getting hot though, we were all sweating!! It took about an hour and then we headed home. Natalie is walking with the toy walker really good now. She is also standing up on her own, her balance is getting really good. Both girls are eating much better now. Natalie loves fruit and Meagan not so much, I think that will take time!
Friday, Daddy and I got Natalie to take a couple of steps toward each of us. She reminded me of ET when she took steps. Daddy and I call Meagan 'Oma' when she walks (not after her Oma) because she walks like an older lady. Daddy headed to work and we played and waited for Suddenlink people to come over. They came and worked for about an hour and a half. I was going to take the girls over to Grandma's earlier, but they ended up working to long. Instead, I just fed the girls at home and they napped here and then after their nap, we drove to Grandma's and played. She had moved the slide and swing inside, so they liked playing on that. Grandma came home after work and she watched Natalie stand up by herself and Grandma got real excited! We also got Natalie to take some more steps! We all got changed into our swimsuits and got into Grandma's pool. The girls were so excited!! They just love the water!!! They kept jumping for joy once they were in the water. After we had a little fun in the pool, we got out and Grandma gave them a bath and Daddy came over. Daddy played with them a little bit and then we packed up Natalie and we left Meagan there with Grandma. Grandma and Meagan had fun playing while we went and ate at On the Border. We also took Natalie to Barnes and Nobles, she loved all the books and Daddy put finger puppets on and she loved playing with that. We also went to Office Depot. As we walked back to the car, Daddy and I kept asking Natalie 'Where is the light?' And she would point up to one!! So cute!! She talks while she does it, so we think she is trying to say 'light.' We came home and got her ready for bed.
Saturday, I got Natalie out of bed and we played in the morning. She loved the one on one time! Got Daddy up and then we headed over to Grandma's to pick up Meagan. Grandma said they had a great time, but she didn't eat very much (picky eater). We headed out and went to Celeste's house. First time for Daddy to see it. The girls and Cade played for a little while and then we all went to have lunch at Chili's. The girls ate all kinds of things. After we ate, Celeste took us to a cupcake shop and we each got a cupcake to eat. The girls even shared a little cupcake! Stopped by a toy store and then headed back to Celeste's and we all took naps. Meagan was the first one up, so she got some extra play time with the grown ups. Then Natalie and Cade woke up around the same time. We fed them all a snack. Meagan was walking toward a bench and fell and ended up busting her lip with her tooth. This is her second busted lip!! I got her and gave her to Daddy and Celeste and I got paper towels and an ice pack. She was better after a little while and then forgot all about it! Celeste made all the of us dinner and while we were eating, we watched Madagascar 2. Cade loves it!! We had a great day playing with Cade and visiting Aunt Celeste. We headed back home and got them ready for bed! Great day!
Sunday, I walked into the girls nursery and they were both still asleep, but Natalie heard me first and right away she wants to hand me her blanket (she has been doing this for the past week or so). It is her favorite blanket, she always wants to play peek-a-boo with it, so I always play it with both girls. They are so happy to see Daddy or I in the mornings. Beautiful smiles!! I got them up and we ate and played and then I got Daddy up to watch Meagan while I took Natalie to church. (Didn't want to take Meagan because of her busted lip). Natalie and I had a good time in church, she loved looking at everyone and she was pretty good. She moved a lot, but not to bad. After church, we ran to do an errand at Lowes and then at Walgreen's we got milk. While we were standing in line, Natalie grabbed one of the milk jugs and it fell to the ground and milk spilled everywhere. Natalie's face was priceless!! I was kind of embarrassed, but the cashier was really nice to me. Oh well, I'm sure there will be more embarrassing times to come!! We got home and I told Daddy about Walgreen's and he thought it was funny! Him and Meagan had a fun time playing. I had fun playing with the girls and then we all ate lunch. I took a nap while the girls did!! Daddy mowed the yard after they woke up from their naps. We decided for dinner, we would eat by North Gate, before all the students come back to town, so we had BBQ at Church Street. It was ok, the girls loved it, but Daddy and I didn't care for it too much! Then we drove around looking at houses. We brought the girls back home and got them ready for bed. We had a relaxing weekend!! :) Good times!!
No comments:
Post a Comment