Sunday, August 8, 2010

Trip to Fredericksburg! :)


August 2nd - August 8th! Monday, the girls and I just hung around the house and I had my twins group meeting that night. I had a great time talking with the other moms. Daddy got to play and take care of the girls that night. Tuesday, the girls and I drove to visit Celeste, Terrell and Cade in The Woodlands area in the morning. Once we got to Celeste's house, we went ahead and took Cade and the girls to The Woodlands Children's Museum. They all had a great time playing. It was good that we got there early because it got crowded fast! We stayed for about an hour playing and then while we were there we decided to go ahead and get the girls first haircut at Cartoon Cuts. They both actually did a great job. They cried a little bit, especially Meagan when she got her hair blow dried. They were done quick. Meagan didn't get too much cut, but Natalie did! After that we walked down to Double Daves and ate lunch. We had a great time. We all went back to Celeste's and put the girls down for a nap in Cade's room. Celeste went back to work and Terrell and I tried to get Cade to take a nap with us while he watched his favorite show of all time 'Shrek.' Didn't work out too well! The girls took a really good nap, so after they woke up, we got them dressed in their swimsuits along with Cade and we went outside to play with the water hose. That didn't last long because Cade wanted the hose to play with himself, it was really funny. We took everyone inside and gave all three of them a bath together. Celeste cooked us all dinner and Kelly came home, so we all ate spaghetti together. It was a great day! We said goodbye to everyone and Aunt Terrell rode back to Grandma's house with us. I dropped off the girls and Terrell there and then I headed home to see Daddy.
Wednesday, Aunt Terrell got to watch the girls all morning, while I cleaned the house and packed for Fredericksburg. I went to Grandma's at lunch time and played with the girls while Terrell did some work. Grandma and Daddy came over later and we ate some dinner together and Terrell and Grandma gave the girls a bath. Then the girls stayed with Grandma, while Terrell, Daddy and I went to see a movie. We had a great night. Terrell headed back to Grandma's and Daddy and I went home.
Thursday, Daddy headed into work, while I finished packing for F-burg. I then headed to Grandma's to visit with the girls and Terrell. Daddy and Grandma came over for lunch and after we all ate, we said our goodbyes and I headed out with the girls to F-burg. We pulled up to Oma and Opa's house and Opa met us outside. We also got to meet the new huge puppy, King. Natalie pointed right away, she was so excited. We got settled inside and played. Oma came home from work and Heather and Ema came over to visit. King chewed up Heather's flipflop she had left outside. It was good to visit with them! They headed out and we got the girls ready for bed. I stayed up and watched 'Crazy Heart' with Oma and Opa. Friday, Oma went to work early and I got the girls up later. Opa and I took the girls over to Omie and Opie's house to visit and play. They got to play with the old toys that their great aunts played with when they were little and when I was little. That was fun! We also ate lunch over there, which I always love to eat at Omie and Opie's. The food is always so good!! Opa, the girls and I headed out, so they could take a nap at Opa's. Oma came home early and relaxed. Oma and I took the girls swimming at the Stonewall pool after their nap. We hung out in the kiddie pool with the girls. I went swimming at this pool a lot in the summers when I was little, so that was neat to take them there. We stayed there for about an hour and fed them a snack and then we headed back to Oma and Opa's. We fed them and played and Natalie took her first steps tonight. She took three steps towards me! It was so exciting! She did it one more time and then we tried to video tape it and then she fell and hurt herself, so no more tonight! We put them to bed soon after that. I had such a fun day today! Saturday, Aunt Tara and Jason came over in the morning to visit and play with girls. They left to go into town for a little bit and came back to eat sandwiches with us. Once we were done with lunch, the girls took their nap and everyone else did to, except for Jason (he went to get a haircut) and when he came back he brought the girls a toy. That was so nice of him! It is a turtle that they can sit on and ride and it plays music. That was a big surprise and the girls loved it this weekend. All of us went to church at 5:30 and then we met Omie and Opie after church at the Fredericksburg Brewery and listened to some music there and ate dinner to celebrate Oma's birthday a little early. We had a great time, the food took a little long, so the girls were a little antsy, especially Natalie! Afterwards, we said goodnight to Omie and Opie and headed back to Oma and Opa's. The girls stayed up late, they were really hyper. Once they were in bed, everyone went to bed except for Opa and I watched a movie on TV. Sunday, Tara and Jason came over in the morning and played some more. We took some pictures of the girls in Oma's old baby bath tub. They turned out really cute!! We also played with King outside to. We had a great lunch, Opa grilled steaks! While the girls took a nap, I went to Omie and Opie's and I rode with them to the Rockbox Theater. We watched performers sing, talk and tell jokes. They played really good old songs. I had a great time with them. It was cute to hear my Opie laugh and my Omie clap and say 'Yay.' I rode back with them to their house and then I headed to Oma and Opa's. The girls were up and looking at books and so happy to see me! That is one of the best feelings in the world, when they get so excited to see me!! We got them ready and Oma, Opa, the girls and I headed to town and met Omie and Opie at the old wrecker shop to take some pictures. The place is getting ready to paint our last name off the building, so we wanted to take some pictures with the girls in them. We said bye to Opie and Omie and then we headed to Omie's (Oma's mom) house to take a picture there. We grabbed some food from Sonic and then headed back home to Oma and Opa's. We ate our dinner and then sat outside on the swing with King. Betty Ann came over to visit for a little bit. She brought the girls some birthday cards. It was good talking with her. She stayed while they got bathed and had their last sippy cup of milk. Then she headed out! She is such a sweet Great Aunt!! We put the girls in bed shortly after she left! What a great weekend! I know Daddy is missing the girls, he is in Mexico with Doc, Trey and Brian for Trey's Bachelor party!
While, Natalie took her first steps this week and Meagan walked tons while she was in Fredericksburg, but not so much while she was at Grandma's house, she did a little there, but now she is letting go of all the furniture and then walking somewhere or to somebody. She is silly! She also acts very shy when new faces come around, it is so funny! She puts her head down and looks at the ground. Natalie on the other hand, is not shy at all. She will pretty much go to anybody!! Meagan and Natalie both seem to answer you when you ask them a question. They say something in baby talk, but it really sounds like they are answering your question. They are getting to be big girls, that is for sure!! They also love to play on couches and beds. They like to stand on the couch and throw themselves down on pillows and cushions. Natalie is getting better and better at standing on her own, she loves to practice it. They are such sweetie pies, everyone just loves them so much!! They are both waving bye bye really good now!! Not sure if they get what it means yet, but they will soon! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment