Monday, January 3rd, Meagan and Natalie got to spend the whole day with Grandma. Daddy had to go to work and Mommy was in Las Vegas. Grandma had a great time playing with them and reading books and playing puzzles. At one time, Grandma said she had to get onto Meagan and Natalie for throwing puzzle pieces across the room, but she said they stopped after that. She took them outside to play for a little bit and practiced showing the girls how to kick a ball. She said they loved it!! Meagan's cough sounded pretty bad today, so she didn't keep them outside for too long. She had a wonderful time with the girls. Opa and Oma came later on tonight and spent the night with Daddy and the girls. They had a fun time today!! Daddy made dinner tonight!
Tuesday, Oma and Opa babysat and had fun playing all day. It was pretty outside, so they all got to play outside. Oma said they liked playing in their little house that they got for Christmas. Natalie couldn't understand why the toy cell phone that is outside didn't open like the one she has inside. They both love to swing on their swing outside. Natalie always makes a noise when she wants something, like an 'ehh' noise, so Oma was trying to teach her please and thank you's instead of saying ehh like she has been doing for a while. They came inside and played. Meagan liked to bring tons of toys over to Opa sitting on the couch. Oma thought it was funny that Opa was covered by toys from Meagan taking them all to him. Oma also noticed that Meagan likes to dunk her cheerios in her milk. She likes to do that with her peanut butter crackers into her applesauce to. Oma likes that Meagan tilts her head to the side to look at things around the room. Natalie likes to use this little bag of Oma's to put her Sesame Street Characters in and wants someone to zip it up for her. So funny!! Daddy came home after work and played. They had a great day. Meagan's cough is still bad though.
Wednesday, Oma and Opa had another fun day playing with the girls. They played outside again and I got to talk to them on the phone while they were outside playing. I was at the Las Vegas airport, waiting to board the plane to come back home to see my babies!! :) My plane got in later than I thought and Celeste and I drove to her house and I got to see Cade for just a second. I headed home, which took me an hour and a half. I got home around 11pm, didn't get to see the girls because they were already asleep, but I did get to look at them. I stayed up talking to Daddy, Opa and Oma about how much fun I had on my trip. They also told me earlier at the airport that Jason had called Opa and asked if he could marry Aunt Tara!! How exciting!!! Jason will finally be the girls Uncle Jason soon!! We were all so excited for them!! Glad to be back home!!

Thursday, Oma and Opa got the girls up and dressed and fed, I got to sleep in a little, but not too much because I wanted to see the girls. Daddy got the flip video out to record when the girls saw me. It was the longest they had been away from me!! They were really happy to see me, a little confused, but so happy. Daddy headed out to go to work and Oma and Opa left to go back home, so it was just the girls and me the whole day. It was nice to have that time with them again. They were so sweet. I bought them Elmo Las Vegas shirts for their present. They tried them on and loved them. They kept pointing to Elmo. I noticed Natalie has become more of a little toot while I was gone. Meagan a little bit to. Natalie just loves her Sesame Street Characters so much. She takes them everywhere with her and even bounces on the zebra toy while holding onto them. Meagan likes to take the top off her new activity station toy and tosses all the toys out of the tub part of it. Then she gets her pink guitar and puts that in the tub and then she sits herself in the tub and holds the guitar. It is so funny! I've noticed they are getting more and more curious about different things. We are having to tell them 'no' alot more lately!! We had a great day together!! Definitely noticed that their hair is longer and they are taller than when I left on my trip!
Friday, Daddy headed to work and around 11am, Rihana came over to visit. She brought over some Christmas presents from Aunt Betty Ann and Aunt Sandra. Natalie was all about opening the presents!! They got some clothes and glow worms from Betty Ann and a turtle toy and Noah's Ark toy from Sandra. They loved it all! They kind of fought over the turtle toy, but it had three different parts to it, so we split it up for them! After they played with the new toys for a little bit, we loaded them up in my car and we went to Newk's to eat lunch. We had a great time! We then came back home and the girls played a little bit more and then we put them to bed for a nap. Rihana headed out and I took a nap to!! :) We slept until 4:15pm, yikes. We had a good afternoon. We started watching the Cotton Bowl and then I got the girls ready for bed. After I put them down, I worked on the computer a little bit and watched the last part of the A&M vs. LSU game. A&M lost, :(
Saturday, I got the girls up and I let Daddy sleep in since he stayed up late watching the game at Harry's place. Tara called this morning and told me that Jason asked her to marry him!! Yay!! That is so exciting!! We are so happy! The girls and I played with their toys and then we all got into bed with Daddy to wake him up. They had fun climbing all over him. Once he was up, we took the girls to Johnny Carinos and had lunch. Meagan was being a little toot at lunch, so Daddy had to take her outside to talk to her. After lunch, I stopped at a new frozen yogurt place and tried it out. We took the girls home and put them down for a nap. I worked on scanning pictures into the computer for Omie and Opies DVD that we are making them for their 80th birthdays this year. When the girls got up, we all played together. After I helped Daddy get them dressed for bed tonight, I went to the grocery store while he read them their lullaby book.
Sunday, I made eggs and bacon for breakfast and Natalie and Meagan actually ate some. They have never really cared for eggs. I got Daddy up and he ate some. We played with them this morning and watched PBS for the kiddos. When the girls were going down for a nap, Daddy left to get us some lunch from Newk's and he dropped it off and then he went on to his office to work a little bit. I worked on Omie and Opie's DVD again. Once they were up from their nap, I gave them their snack and then we headed to Grandma's to visit with her. They had a fun time seeing Grandma, Percy and Penny and playing with their toys there. I talked to Lisa on the phone, it was good to talk to her!! Grandma cooked us Chicken, Rice, Cheese and Broccoli Casserole, yum! We had a good time. Meagan played in Percy's water bowl. Natalie would ride her Rody and bounced so much she would make it move. Her face and smile are priceless when she rides those things. We came home and we were going to give them a bath. As soon as we walked in the door, Natalie got her Sesame Street Characters and threw them into the bathtub. It was funny!! We got them ready for bed and Daddy read the lullaby book, while I cleaned the sippy cups. We had a nice relaxing weekend!! :)
No comments:
Post a Comment