Monday, we stayed home all day. The girls are getting more and more curious. They are getting into drawers and other No No's. Pretty much all day today, the girls were trying to put some of their stuffed animals shoes on. Natalie especially kept trying and trying, but they were too small. I cooked some spaghetti tonight and Daddy came home soon after that and played with the girls. At bathtime, Meagan poured a big cup of water all over the bathroom floor. I helped clean it up a little and then I said bye to everyone. Daddy took care of the girls while I went to a Mom's night out with twins group at a coffee shop. Stayed there late talking and listening and then I came home and straightened up the house.
Tuesday, I got out some toys from our closet that were given to the girls when they weren't old enough to play with them yet. On of the things was a Noah's Ark that you put puzzle pieces in of all the animals. They loved playing with it. A squirrel got in our fireplace today and it was scratching and making some racket. Natalie and Meagan kept looking at the fireplace wondering what was in there??! :) I called Pest Control and they sent a man out to put some little stairs down our chimney. We watched Your Baby Can Read today and the girls loved touching the floor while the song 'Head, Shoulders, Knees and Toes' played. They were trying to do the movements to the song. Really cute! Daddy came home and we ate dinner. Girls would go from Daddy to me taking turns hugging and being very sweet. Both girls can point to family members on a picture when we ask where they are. Meagan wants me to put her to bed lately, she reaches out for me!!
Wednesday, we played and then Rihana came over in the morning and all of us went to the Children's Museum in town. It was my first time to take the girls there. The girls loved it and played with all the toys. They were running around so happy. We came home for lunch and we said bye to Rihana. So glad for her help. Girls took a nap and then the rest of the afternoon we played. Daddy came home and he had fun flipping the girls around and Natalie and Meagan loved it. We got the girls ready for bed and then Daddy read them their Nighttime book and then Oma and Opa came. They got to play with Meagan and Natalie for a little bit. Natalie played with Oma and they looked at the Nighttime book and Meagan played with Opa with her cars. They were excited to see them.
Thursday, girls woke up early because they heard Opa and Oma up. Oma got the girls up and Opa headed out to Galveston. I slept in a little bit, which was nice. We played in the morning, with the Noah's Ark puzzle, both girls could find the two animals that look alike and would bring them to us. Oma gave the girls some new baby dolls that fit perfectly in their strollers. They loved playing with them. Oma started Natalie liking Wafers and Marshmallows in cereal, so now when Natalie eats, she points to either where the wafers are or the cereal because she wants to eat though sweet things. Oma watched the girls while I ran some errands. Oma fed the girls while I was gone and I brought Oma and myself something to eat. I worked on Omie and Opie's DVD while they napped. We all played in the afternoon and Daddy came home later.
Friday, it's Meagan and Natalie's 18 month birthday. Oma came with the girls and I to their 18 month doctors appointment. Everything went great, they didn't even have to get any shots. Natalie cried when she saw the nurse because she thought she was going to have to get a shot. She has such a good memory!! Meagan weighed about 27lbs. and Natalie weighed about 24lbs. After the doctors appointment, Oma came with us to Marcy's house for a twins playdate. We had a good time. And then we went to eat lunch at IHOP, yum. Girls did a great job, they did do happy screams every now and again, but nothing to bad! :) We came home and the girls took a nap!! They were tired. Oma left while they napped to go shopping. I worked in the girls baby books. The girls got up and we played. Oma came back shortly after they woke up. We played and I got to send out 18 month pictures. Daddy came home while I was doing that. Oma cut the girls bangs earlier and bathed them a little early to. We all played with them for a bit and then it was 'Night Night' time.
Saturday, Oma and I played with the girls all morning (she let me sleep in again). I went shopping for a little bit in the morning and Oma fed them lunch while I was gone. When I came back, Daddy just got up and I had a new toy for the girls which they kind of fought over. They just both wanted to play with the same part. It was a scribble toy that is magnetic and you move a tab to erase the drawing. Both of them wanted to hold the drawing pen. So we had them take turns. Natalie is pretty good at taking turns, but Meagan gripes about it a little. When Meagan had the pen, Natalie was being clever, she was trying to find things that Meagan would want to play with, so that she could get the pen. Usually that works, but this time Meagan hung on to the pen!! Funny!! After the A&M Basketball game was over on TV, Oma watched the girls while Daddy and I went to visit Kourtney and Gus in the hospital to see their new baby boy, Cooper. What a little cutie!! We said bye to them and headed back home and then we got Oma and the girls and we headed to Grandma's house. Oma was going to babysit the girls while, Daddy, Grandma and I went to the Chamber Banquet. Oma said they didn't go to sleep very well. They had a good time though.
Sunday, Oma made cinnamon rolls and we played with the girls over at Grandma's for a little bit. Grandma came home and then Opa came over to. The girls were so happy to have their grandparents there. We played and then cleaned up. Then we all ate lunch together at the BBQ place in town. We had a good time talking. The girls and I said bye to everyone and then we headed up to Tara and Jason's house. It was good to see them!! We got to see Tara's engagement ring, yay! The girls put on Jason's boots and Jason helped them walk in them, too funny. Justin and Jenny came over to eat dinner with us. We had a good time. Meagan being a little fussy. Justin and Jenny left and Tara and I gave the girls a bath and then got them ready for bed. But them to bed and it took a little while for them to go to sleep, but they did. We stayed up and talked about wedding stuff. Great week!!
How super sneaky and smart of Natalie to pretend there's a more interesting toy to try to get Meagan to lose interest in the pen!!! Love the pic of the girls in those boots! Love, Julie
ReplyDelete