Monday, March 7, 2011

Celebrating Grandma's Birthday!

Monday, February 28th, the girls and I stayed home all day and relaxed after our trip from the weekend. We watched their shows and colored, which they pretty much wanted to do all day today. At naptime, I closed the door and then they would fuss at me because they wanted me to come get their blankets they had thrown out of the crib on purpose. They have been doing this lately with both Daddy and myself. Tonight at bedtime, Daddy and I told Natalie not to pull out her pj's from the dresser and then we told Meagan if she does do it, to say 'Oh No'. About ten minutes later, we hear Meagan say 'Oh No, Oh No', so we go in their room and sure enough Natalie has taken clothes out of the dresser that is by her bed. It was cute, Meagan already tattling on her sister!
Tuesday, March 1st, the girls and I ran errands this morning. We went to get stamps, went to Fast Signs to order something, I went to Sports Clips to get the girls bangs cut. Natalie went first and she kept moving and crying and Meagan went second and just sat there quietly and got it done, she was being shy. They did it for free! :) It was fun! We then went to Target to get some shoes and then the bank and then home to eat lunch. They napped really good today. After nap, we played in the backyard for a while and then Daddy came home shortly after we came inside. I cooked and we all ate dinner together. During bath time, Natalie would sit on top of Meagan. Natalie was also being super sweet to Daddy tonight giving him tons of hugs and kisses, instead of being her playful self with him, like she usually is. We put them to bed and then I finished writing all of Tara and Jason's Engagement Party invitations and Daddy and I watched our favorite show, Parenthood.
Wednesday, went to mail invitations and the girls and I ran an errand to Hobby Lobby and then I took them to a park to play at in a neighborhood. Meagan did the slide and bridge all by herself right away again and Natalie needed my help at first and then she did it! When we were leaving, Natalie didn't come when I asked her to again, so I took Meagan to the truck and then I went to get her, silly goose. We came home and had lunch and napped. I went through all their clothes today, while they napped. I needed to go through it to see what I want to sale in a garage sale. After nap, we played in their room. Meagan wrote with a crayon on our coffee table while I was going through some of their clothes, but that was all she did and then she brought the crayon to me. Sweet. Natalie loves to put clothes on her legs, she will want to dress herself pretty soon, I'm sure. Daddy came home and played and we put them to bed early and then I went to my photography class.
Thursday, we played in the morning at home. I even put the girls in their laundry basket to play hide and seek in. It was really cute. The first time I did it, I put Natalie in the basket and put the lid on and asked Meagan where she was, Meagan looked around and didn't see her. Natalie moved the lid a little bit and Meagan got a big smile on her face and lefted the lid and found her. So cute!!! Of course Meagan got a turn after that! Then in the afternoon we went outside to play with chalk and bubbles. Grandma came over while we were out there and she played with us outside, especially swinging the girls. I came inside and did some laundry and cooked us all some dinner. When dinner was ready, Grandma brought the girls inside and we all ate together. Grandma gave the girls a bath and while they were in the bath, Daddy came home from his meeting. He helped Grandma get the girls dressed and ready for bed. I read them a bedtime story and everyone said goodnight to the girls and we said bye to Grandma. It was nice to have her help tonight!!
Friday, I took the girls to a new park this morning and they wanted to swing a lot. The park was right by a pond with ducks, so we would hear the ducks quack, so we would quack back. Meagan and I even went to look at the ducks, while Natalie played. Natalie went down the slide all by herself, didn't need my help at all this time. Good for her!!! There was a lady there with her little baby and Meagan walked up to her and was shy, but finally handed her some little rocks and then the lady swung her in the swing. Natalie kept putting acorns or rocks in her mouth, so I finally sat her in time out with me for a minute twice and I told her if she did it again we were going home, so she played and then did it again, so we left. We came home and ate and we all took naps. We played in the afternoon and then Daddy came home and then we all rode together to Wings-N-More to eat dinner with little Cooper, Kourtney and Gus. The girls sat in regular chairs and did a great job at dinner. We had a good time visiting!! Little Cooper is so cute! We said goodbye to them and then we came home and bathed the girls. I read a book to Natalie and Daddy read to Meagan. We put them to bed.
Saturday, we all got dressed and drove out to the family farm to meet up with Grandma, Terrell, Celeste, Kelly, Cade and our photographer, Amy. It was sure windy out there and cold, so we didn't get to take the family pictures that we wanted, but we got a couple in the Depot. We decided to drive to Navasota to take some pictures inside the big old house and it ended up working pretty well. I think we got some great shots of everyone, the kids even got to take some jumping on the beds. Natalie fell and skinned her knee after all the pictures were over and she cried. She didn't like looking at her skinned knee. We got done with the pictures around lunch time and then we headed to Diary Queen to order some food to take to Grandma's to eat it. When we got to Grandma's, the girls took a quick bath to clean their feet. We all ate lunch and then we put the girls and Cade down for naps (which Meagan did not sleep at all) and we just relaxed. The kids played at the house and then we got ready and headed to Bryan to eat at Messina Hof to celebrate Grandma's 60th birthday with all the family. It was the first time the girls and I think Cade have eaten at a nice restaurant and they all did a great job!! Natalie loved the gourmet food!! We gave Grandma her picture book that Terrell put together from pictures that I scanned into the computer and she loved it!!! We had a great time and we all headed back to Grandma's and gave the kiddos a bath together. Meagan was exhausted, ready to get out of the bath. Terrell held her and then Grandma put her and Natalie both to sleep. We all stayed up and visited and looked at Grandma's new picture book. Daddy and I came home and went to sleep! It was a great day!
Sunday, I actually got to sleep in a little bit and so did Daddy. Daddy stayed home to fertilize the yard and I headed up to Grandma's to see everyone and the girls had a great big breakfast with pancakes. Grandma, Terrell, and I took the girls and Cade outside to play. We played out there for a long time, beautiful day outside! Cade would throw balls into the swimming pool and the girls did a couple to and then Terrell would get them out. We were teaching them not to go into the pool. They played with the sandbox and slide. I pulled the girls in the wagon too! Celeste and Kelly got lunch together for everyone and we came inside and ate. Daddy came over then too! At 1pm, Janet, Great Grandpa, Bill, Alex and Morgan came over to sing happy birthday to Grandma and then eat cake and ice cream. We had a good time talking. We said goodbye to Great Grandpa, Janet, Bill, Alex and Morgan and then everyone took naps, except for Grandma and me. We sat out by the pool and talked and she also worked on her yard a little. Everyone took good naps. Natalie and Meagan got up and played a little and had snack. Everyone else got up and Kelly took Cade and the girls outside to play again. I went out there to help. A little while later, Celeste, Kelly, Cade and Terrell headed out to go to their house. We said bye and then I fed the girls some dinner. We then said bye to Grandma and the girls and I headed home and Daddy to his office. I got the girls ready for bed and Daddy brought us home some dinner and he helped me put them to bed. We had such a great and relaxing weekend!! Grandma's birthday is really tomorrow, but we just celebrated a little early! :) Happy Early Birthday Grandma!

No comments:

Post a Comment