Monday, March 21st, today they colored and played with play-doh and then we went outside. Natalie has been throwing little fits today, so must be tired or just getting over having a runny nose. They like to play Ring Around the Rosie, but Natalie won't hold Meagan's hand, so we don't make a complete circle. We had lunch and then we took some lunch to Christina, a new twin mom, and she had a park right by her house, so I took the girls to play there. We came home and then they napped. They of course wanted to color some more and play with the play-doh again, so after we did that, I took them on a walk to the pond and we fed the ducks some bread. They were hungry today. We also fed the fish and I swung them on the swings. We came home, so I could make dinner and they watched their shows. Daddy came home to play and then I went to a twins group MOM's Night Out to eat Mexican food. Both girls are drinking out of regular kid plastic cups now. I only serve it to them while they are in their highchairs and eating.
Tuesday, we stayed inside all morning and played. I showed them some flashcards, like I usually do every morning, and they knew some of the words before I told them what they were. Like 'clap', 'dog' and 'hi'!! Smart girls! They waved when they saw the word hi and barked with dog and clapped with clap!! We all took a nap today! Meagan got up a little early, so I got her and she napped with me in my bed. It was sweet! Got the girls up and they had snack. Took them outside and played with the pinwheels and bubbles. We came inside and shortly after that Grandma come over to see the girls. She brought gifts from Israel with her. She gave the girls and myself some Rosaries from Bethlehem, charm crosses and Elmo shirts. She played colors with them for a little bit. It was fun to hear about her trip! She had to go home, so she left. I made dinner and they ate. I played with the girls in the hallway spinning some of their toys. Daddy came home and played in the hallway with the cars.
Wednesday, we played at home and Natalie chased Meagan and I with the ball popper through the house. It was fun because we would hide from her and then pop out and scare her to make her laugh. Both girls loved it! Both girls have gotten over their runny noses, yay! After nap time, we went to Navasota to play on a playground there. Natalie picked her first bluebonnet. Both girls were running all over the place, they were so hot and red from all the climbing and running. They were having a great time! Daddy came and played with us for a little bit too!! We headed over to church dinner, where we had pizza. Grandma brought the girls their flutes that she got them in Bethlehem. We sat with her, Great-Grandpa and Great Aunt Janet! We came home and played chase again. It was bath time, so Daddy read a book to them, we said our prayers and it was 'Night Night' time! I put the girls bumpers back in their cribs again. They haven't been in their cribs since the girls were little bitty babies!!! The girls seem to like them!
Thursday, I cleaned up the house a little and played. Girls love to learn from the flashcards. I took them to another park to play on the slides and swing. We drove around a little bit and then came home to eat and nap. After their nap, I took them to the Toyota Dealership to get a recall fixed on my car, so the girls had to wait with me in the tiny kiddie room, that looked pretty dirty! Meagan of course pooped while we were in there, so I had to change her diaper in there, yuck! It took about 45 minutes for them to fix my car and then we came home. We played and watched shows and then Daddy came home and pretty soon after that, Kody and Kayla came over to hang out. Matt grilled burgers on his grill. The guys talked outside while the girls talked inside. It was fun! Natalie loved Kody, it was funny! After we ate and chatted, they headed out and we got the girls ready for bed and then I cleaned up! It was a good day!
Friday, I did laundry in the morning, so that I could pack during nap time for Fredericksburg. I took the girls outside to play this morning. Natalie put a ball in her swing and swung it, cute!! I packed while they napped and then when they woke up, I took them to an outdoor playdate with the twins group to a park. Monica was there with her girls, so we stayed for a little bit, but it was hot, so we left. We got some gas and then when we got home, Daddy was already home, yay! We loaded up and then headed towards Oma and Opa's. We stopped to get something to eat at Carl's Jr. When we got to Opa and Oma's we unloaded and the girls got to play with Oma and Opa. Tara and Jason came shortly after that! We got them ready for bed and let them play a little more and then put them to bed.
Saturday, Oma got the girls up and dressed and Tara and Jason came over. They went into town to get some things for the party and brought us back some breakfast tacos. We all started to clean and set up tables for Tara and Jason's Engagement Party. While we were setting up, Oma was pushing the girls on the swings. Jason's mom and dad came over to get the flowers ready and to bring over the cake and beans. They went into town after that. The girls had their lunch and they got to eat outside! They made a mess, so we took them inside for a bath. Then we laid them down for a nap. We all started to get ready and dressed. Oma got Meagan up (so she never took a nap) and Grandma came over to the house, so Oma and Grandma swung her on the porch swing and talked. Natalie got up shortly after that! Daddy, Tara and I started decorating the tables and then Jason's family started to show up. Shortly after that more family started coming and Vance and the guys got the fish fry started! It was a great party and the girls wore their red poke-a-dot dresses. They were dancing and running all over and Grandma helped out so much watching them, so I could take pictures and chat with family!! We had a great time! The party ended just in time because the weather started getting bad, so we got all the tables and everything put away before it started raining. We had just gotten the food put away and then the lights went out! So we got candles and flashlights and sat out on the porch talking with Jason's family. Luckily, Meagan and Natalie had already had their baths and Grandma had already put Meagan to sleep and was rocking Natalie when the lights went out. So they were taken care of. Everyone else headed out after the lights came back on and then Natalie woke back up and Daddy and I played with her for a little bit and then he rocked her back to sleep. It was a fun day!!

Sunday, Opa's 59th Birthday, everyone slept in until after 8am. Oma made Beignet's for breakfast! Tara tried on Oma's veil from when she got married and Meagan and Natalie got underneath it. They were having fun!!! We all got our stuff packed up and gave Opa his cards and his birthday present, which was a 'Hay for Sale' sign. Grandma came over for a little bit to hang out and then we all headed into town to have lunch at a Mexican food restaurant. Omie, Opie, Teresa and Sarah met us there to eat. We had a great time. They even sang to Opa! The girls ran around outside for a little bit while everyone watched. We said our goodbyes to everyone and then Grandma followed back toward our house. We had to stop to get gas and Natalie needed to use poopoo, which was hard for her to do in her carseat. She used it though and felt much better!! We drove the rest of the way and said bye to Grandma. We unloaded and fed the girls dinner. Daddy bathed them and we got them ready for bed. After they were in bed, Daddy headed out to go visit Grandad and to go see Uncle Cody play Golf tomorrow. We had a great week!!
No comments:
Post a Comment