Monday, May 16, 2011

A Lot of Playdates This Week...




Monday, May 9th, I took the schools to the park this morning, one we hadn't been to yet. I didn't care for it that much, it was old equipment and it was right by a school. They had snack there and then we came home. We had a relaxing day, I was super tired today. Both girls still love to hug and kiss!! I love that!!! They are very sweet! They didn't nap today, but they enjoyed their time in their room during nap time. They played and giggled the whole time. We stayed in all afternoon and I cooked some dinner. Daddy came home and we all ate. Afterwards we took the girls outside in the front yard and wrote with the chalk and played a circle game with the chalk and even tried Hopscotch.

Tuesday, I got up early to take my car to Toyota to get the inspection done, so Matt had to get up with the girls. It took a while to get my car looked at, so I had to meet Daddy and the girls in the mall parking lot to switch cars. Daddy had a meeting he had to get to. I came home with the girls and we hung out at home and then around 11am we went over to JoAnna's house to have a playdate with Haven and Harrison. Haven cried when we got there, so Meagan started crying. It took Meagan a while to warm up. Natalie just started playing with all the toys right away and Harrison had the biggest smile on his face. We had a great time over there, even got to play outside on the swings and in their sandbox. Then we came inside and fed the kiddos their lunch. Then they played a little more while we talked and then headed home for nap time. It took the girls a little time to fall asleep, but they eventually did. Once they got up, I gave them a late snack and then I started to make something to eat. We ate when Daddy got home and then we took the girls for a walk to watch the boys at the baseball park practice baseball and they even got to roll down a hill in their stroller. We also went by to see what the prices were for the swimming pool in our neighborhood. We came home and got the girls ready for bed.

Wednesday, I took the girls to a twins group playdate at a park that was pretty close to our house. It was hard to find though because it was covered with trees, so I finally had to call Kelly and she told me where to find it. It was a really cute park. We were the first ones there, but there was another little girl there with her Great Grandmother and Daddy. They were nice. Then Angie, Kelly and JoAnna came with all of their kids. It was fun and it felt great outside!!! Nice and cool. Meagan and Natalie had a grand time!! We left there and I got the girls some good lunch from Sonic and then we came home to eat. The girls eventually fell asleep for their nap. After nap, we headed to Navasota to sign up for swim lessons (Water Babies). It was raining, I couldn't believe it. I don't even know if the girls remember what rain is because it hasn't rained in so long. We went to Grandma's house and then we went to church dinner. Everyone was happy to see the girls. They didn't eat very much though, they just wanted to run around and play. Afterwards, we went back to Grandma's house and waited for Daddy to get done with his meeting. We stayed the night over at Grandma's house, so we bathed the girls and read them books before bedtime.

Thursday, we said good morning to Grandma and the girls and I got ready to head to Humble to visit Jeanette and Chloe. I got Daddy up first and we said bye. It took about a hour and a half to get to Jeanette's house. I love her house. It looks like the house I vision myself in for our next house. Chloe cried at first when we first got there, so that made Meagan cry, but they both got over it fast. Watching Mickey Mouse sure did help with that. Chloe likes Mickey Mouse too! We took the kiddos to her neighborhood park ground to play. They mostly climbed on some blocks and swung in the swings. Chloe liked playing with the wood chips. We played there for about an hour and then went back to Jeanette's. She baked some Macaroni for us for lunch. Meagan eat it up and Natalie ate a little bit. Chloe took a nap after lunch and I just decided to keep the girls awake, so they would sleep on the way back home. Jeanette and I had time to talk to catch up and the girls got to play and watch Mickey Mouse again, ha! The weather was starting to get back, so we decided to stay a little bit longer than planned. We at least got to see Chloe and before we left. They played in her playroom for a bit and then we all danced to Brittany Spears newest song because Chloe likes it. We said our goodbyes! We had a great time. The girls were asleep soon after we got in the car. The traffic was a little bad and it was raining, so that was a little stressful, but we made it home safe and sound. I fed them some dinner and Daddy came home to have the evening with the girls. I got to go have dinner with friends from the twins group for Laura's birthday. It was a surprise dinner. When I got home, Daddy told me that one of the girls had pooped in the bathtub a little bit. He said that Natalie freaked out a little bit when she saw it, so we are assuming that Meagan was the one that did it.

Friday, we hung out at home in the morning and then Rihana came over around 10:45am to spend some time with us. She played and we talked a little bit and then we all got into the truck and headed to McAlister's Deli to have lunch. It was fun, she helped out Natalie during lunch. Rihana also got us all a chocolate cake to eat, yum. After lunch, we took the girls to the park (the park that we went to on Wednesday) and the girls had fun on the slides. Natalie even slid down on her stomach. They of course loved the swings too!! We came back to my house and Rihana stayed to play a little more. She helped me put them to bed for nap time and then she headed out. They took a late nap again today. We had the afternoon at home and we played outside in the backyard. I made dinner and Daddy came home to eat with us. We played with them and got them ready for bed and actually put them to bed on time tonight (it's been later lately). Daddy and I stayed up and watched a movie.

Saturday, 22 months old today. The girls and I played in the morning and had breakfast. I got Daddy up to watch the girls, so I could go get my hair cut. It was so nice to finally get it cut. I came back home and then we took the girls to The Brazos Valley Natural History Museum to look at the exhibits. There wasn't much for the girls to do there because they are still too young, but they got to see some fake and real animals. And they got to color a picture. We headed out and went to Downtown Bryan and we walked around trying to decide where to eat. We decided to eat pizza at Mr. G's. We had a great time eating. We left there and then we headed back home. We put the girls in their room for nap time and Daddy and I were laughing at them because they were giggling so loud. Daddy checked on them and he found Natalie standing over Meagan in Meagan's bed and they were both laughing. They are so funny. They finally fell asleep and Daddy ran some errands and I got caught up on my show, 'Pretty Little Liars'. They slept for a while it seemed like. I finally decided to wake them up, but on my way to their room I stopped to look in and Natalie was standing right there peeking at me, it was so cute. It made me laugh hard. I had to wake Meagan up. While Daddy was out, he bought the girls a little golf set and then a big beach ball sprinkler. I fed the girls a snack and we got them dressed in the swimsuits that Tara got for them and Daddy took them in the backyard, while I cleaned up a little bit. I went outside and Daddy turned on the new sprinkler and Natalie ran away from it (it was kind of cold outside) and Meagan kind of played with it. Daddy ran in it and took turns with the girls putting them on the ball. Natalie just wanted to cuddle with me in her towel. We decided to go inside and ordered some BBQ. Grandad came over and it took some time for the girls to get warmed up to him, but they did. I went to get the BBQ for dinner and when I got back, we ate and then we played a little bit. Then it was bath time, so Daddy and I gave them a bath and put them to bed. I went to Target to get a couple of things that we needed and then came back home. We all watched SNL and then went to sleep.

Sunday, I got up with the girls and I made French Toast for breakfast, which the girls didn't eat much of, but Daddy and I did. When I got Daddy up this morning, he said that he would watch the girls, so I could take a nap. I took him up on that and I am so glad that I did!! When I got up, Daddy, Grandad, the girls and I all went to Cotton Patch to eat lunch. They did a great job there. We left and then went to Toys-R-Us because we wanted to buy furniture for the girls and Grandad wanted to buy Cade a couple of toys. We got the girls a Mickey Mouse book, an organizer self with bins and then a wooden table to play on. We came back home and Grandad headed out, so he could go visit with Celeste, Kelly and Cade. The girls had their nap time, which Meagan went to sleep right at the end of it. During their nap, Daddy and I organized the livingroom a little better and Daddy put together the shelves and the table. I also talked to Oma and then I called Opie for his 80th birthday and talked to Omie and Sandra there too. Then I talked to Tara for her birthday. We got the girls up and ready and then we headed to Grandma's house to have burgers for Great Aunt Janet's birthday. Lots of birthdays today!! Great Grandpa, Bill, Margie, Morgan and Allison were there too. We had a good time! The girls played on the cars and in the sandbox pretty much the whole time. Daddy went to work for a little bit, so we got to hang out with Grandma while he did that. The girls enjoyed playing 'Angry Birds' with Grandma on her IPAD. When Daddy got back, we headed home and got the girls ready for bed. Meagan was so tired, she was cranky the whole time at home. She was so ready to be rocked by Daddy. After he put her to bed, I rocked Natalie and we sang songs. It was sweet. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment