Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Memorial Day Weekend!





Monday, May 23rd, I took the girls to a Splash Pad in Bryan and met up with Kelly and her kids. The girls had fun, they had to play with a bunch of older kids that were there for a field trip, but they had fun anyway. We came home after that. They took a good nap today. Meagan woke up though, so I rocked her back to sleep and then I just stayed with her in the recliner after that, it was sweet. I took the girls to play outside in the backyard after nap. We came in and ate dinner and then Daddy came home. I went to a Mom's Night Out with Twins group at Laura's house to help make dinner and then we all ate together. It was fun to chat. While I was there, I bought a wagon with Mega Blocks from Kelly for cheap because she was trying to get rid of it. I know the girls will love it.
Tuesday, laundry day, so we stayed in all morning. They loved their new wagon and blocks. They both, epsecially Meagan, kept pulling the wagon everywhere around the house. Both girls got a little hurt today too, Natalie hit her ear and Meagan hit her lip. They were fine, just a few tears. They both took a great nap today, yay!! After nap, we headed to the Navasota pool to go to their first swim class of the summer. They really love the water, so they had a great time. Grandma helped me with the girls today because Daddy had a meeting. Natalie was a little more scared of the water than Meagan. Meagan doesn't seem scared at all. I tried to have Natalie get a water ring at the bottom of the pool, but she didn't like that, so we didn't try that again. We sing Row Row Row Your Boat to practice with their arms and Natalie did a great job on using her arms and legs at the same time. Meagan could really kick her legs, but didn't want to use her arms at the same time yet. She had a death grip on my arm while she was kicking. It was a great first lesson. Meagan drank a ton of pool water though, that's not good. Grandma helped me take them to the car and she headed out and I changed the girls in the back of the car. We came home and I made dinner. Daddy came home and we all ate and then Daddy played playdoh and blocks with the girls.

Wednesday, Rihana came over this morning and she came with us to a different Splashpad in Bryan. She helped me get them dressed in their bathing suits and we walked over to play in the water. The girls didn't want to get in it at first, but then Rihana helped get them wet and playing. I was going to get Meagan wet, but just as I was going to a big gust of wind blew in and got me all wet too. Kelly and Joy brought their kids there also. Meagan started whining a little bit, so we decided to leave. Meagan had just a little bit of diarrhea, so that is probably why she was whining. We got them dressed and then we all went to the new Chuy's to eat lunch. The girls kept us busy the whole time pretty much. After lunch we loaded the girls into the car and I thought I smelt something bad. We got to the house and Rihana checked Meagan's diaper and it was over flowing and Rihana got some on her finger, which was gross. I just decided to take off all of Meagan's clothes and hose her off in the front yard. It was bad and stunk really bad too. We came inside and I got Meagan cleaned up with a new diaper and she used a little more, but not bad. Rihana stayed and played and talked for a little longer and then she headed out. I got Meagan some new clothes and then put the girls to bed for a nap. I wasn't going to take Meagan to swimming if she still had any diarrhea, but she didn't use anymore, so we headed to Navasota after nap and Daddy met us there. I really think she got the diarrhea from drinking all that pool water yesterday, so we tried to not let her drink any pool water today!! They did really good at their lessons today, but Natalie was a little afraid of going under the water, so we didn't make her too much today. After lessons, Daddy helped me change the girls and then he went back to work for a little bit and I went to pick up some dinner at Chick-fil-a and when I got back home, Daddy got home. We all ate dinner. Meagan's tummy was still hurting a little because she was tooting up a storm, but she felt fine. We got them to bed and then I started cleaning the house a little bit. Opa flew up to see Oma in California tonight, so I called them to make sure he got there okay and he did, yay!! Went to sleep late.

Thursday, I walked the girls in the stroller to the neighborhood pool to pick up our pool pass for this summer and then we watched some people play tennis and then we walked back home. Meagan still had a little diarrhea, but not bad at all. Joanna came over with Haven and Harrison and Meagan cried just a little bit, but then got over it. The girls had fun watching Haven and Harrison play and they would show them how to play with some toys, but they still all do their own thing. They stayed for about two hours and even ate lunch with us. I let Haven and Harrison have the girls highchairs and the girls got to eat at their little table for the first time. They liked it, of course they didn't eat very much, but they will learn. After they headed out, I put them down for a nap and then we went to Navasota for another swim lesson. Daddy met us there again and we had a good time. Natalie didn't want to do the songs today because she thinks she will have to go under water if we do the songs. Both girls like to get out of the pool themselves and then jump back in to us. Meagan likes to go under water with Daddy and she knows how to hold her breath. Some of the songs we sing are, Here We Go 'Round the Mulberry Bush, The Wheels on the Bus and Ring Around the Rosie. They practice their arms moving, legs kicking, laying on their backs, getting rings off the stairs and jumping into the water with us. They are also learning how to hold on to the sides of the pool and scoot their hands along the sides to move. They do pretty good at all of it. After lessons today, we changed the girls and then headed over to Grandma's house and she was making us some dinner. We played there for a little bit and talked with Grandma. Then we ate dinner and the girls hardly ate anything. Guess they just weren't hungry. Daddy went back to work for a little bit and we hung out with Grandma for a little while and played games on the IPad. We said bye and then headed home. I started getting them ready for bed and Daddy came home to help me.

Friday, I took the girls to some stores with me. We went to Big Lots, Card and Party Factory (I bought some stuff for their birthday party and ordered balloons) and Half Priced Books. We came home after that and had lunch. They took their nap and then we headed to Navasota for their last swim lesson of the week. Daddy met us there again. Daddy would put Meagan under the water for a little longer each time and she did great. Natalie liked getting on my back while I moved around in the water. We came home and just ate at home for dinner. Got the girls ready for bed.

Saturday, the girls watched some Mickey Mouse while I packed up for everyone. We headed to Adriane, Scotty and Demetri's house in Tomball to hang out with them, Gus, Kourtney, little Coop, Carrie, Clint, Evan and Kena. Evelyn (Adriane's sister) and her two daughters, Alexis and Demi, came over for a little bit too. Adriane and Scotty made everyone lunch and we all had a great time talking and the kids got in the kiddie pool. We also had a water balloon fight, which was fun. The girls got to hold and throw a couple of the first time. Carrie's crew headed out and so did Evelyn and her girls, but they were coming back. So the rest of us put on our swimsuits and we walked to their neighborhood pool to swim. There was a pond there and we all got to see little baby ducklings. The girls loved it. After we had fun swimming, we all walked back to Adriane's house and we all ate a little dinner. We got the kiddos ready for bed and put them down. The girls had fun playing with Demetri today. Evelyn came back over with Alexis and Demi and she said that she would babysit while Daddy, Adriane, Alexis, Demi and I went to the movies to see The Hangover 2. That was really nice of her. After the movie, we went back to Adriane's and went to sleep. We had a great time today!! :)

Sunday, I heard Meagan get up, so I went ahead and took my shower and then I got the girls up and we went down stairs to eat some breakfast the Adriane and Scotty were making. It was all yummy. Daddy even got up early to eat with us. We hung out a little bit longer and the kids played on the stairs mostly, while we talked. Around 10:30ish, we loaded up the car and we said our goodbyes to everyone. We had a great time and we plan on doing this again next year, yay!! Daddy and I took the girls to the Outlets and shopped for the girls. We went to the Disney Store to get Mickey Mouse shirts and a couple of other things. We ate lunch there and then we headed to Joey, Kelly, Carson and Wesley's house for their annual Memorial Party. Eddie, Michelle, Tyler and Trevor were there too and Kristi, Brian, Carter and Kaylee. We got the girls in their swimsuits and we got into the pool with Tyler and then Michelle and Trevor got in too. Meagan used poop, so I went to change her and got back in and played for a little bit. Then she used it again, so Daddy went to change her while I got in the little pool with Natalie, Carter and Kaylee. Daddy brought Meagan back out to me and we played in the pool for a little bit. We got out to play in the cars for a little bit and we noticed that Meagan's diaper leaked this time, yuck. She had some of that diarrhea again, poor thing. I went to change her and got her all cleaned up. I changed her back into her clothes again because she was not going to go back into the pool. I played inside with her for a while with the boys blocks. She used a little more diarrhea, but then she was fine. I took her outside and she played on the cars and scooter with Natalie. They got on a little seesaw for a little bit too. We took the girls inside and we changed Natalie and Eddie and Michelle brought their kids inside too. We all ate our dinner there too. We had fun talking about our upcoming trip this summer to Gulf Shores, AL. We talked to Kelly and Joey about it too because they are coming with us also with their family. We headed out shortly after we had dinner. Meagan was feeling better, but still tooting again. Her poor tummy this week!! She needs to learn not to drink that nasty pool water!! We got home and got the girls ready for bed, they took separate baths tonight, Daddy bathed Meagan and I bathed Natalie. I think they liked having the bath to themselves for once. We stayed up and Daddy rocked them for a little bit and then bed time. I went to bed shortly after, I was exhausted!!! We had a great weekend!!! :)

Monday, Memorial Day, the girls and I drove to Daylight Donuts and got some donuts to take home. They didn't want to eat the donuts though, so I ate a bunch. I served them something else for breakfast instead. Daddy got up around 10 and we just hung around the house. We played playdoh and looked at flashcards. The girls know their clothes pretty well. Something that I think is really cute, is that Natalie can say the word 'Blue' now, so when you ask her 'What color is this? even though it is a red or yellow or green block, she will call it 'Blue'. What is so funny about that is Oma told me when I was little I would always call every color 'Yellow', so it is just really cute that Natalie did the same thing as me, but just a different color. :) Daddy and I took the girls to eat at Applebee's for lunch and they misbehaved when we first got there, not too bad, but bad enough to where we couldn't enjoy ourselves as much. They did great when lunch came though. They ate a bunch of food. We came home after that and put them down for their nap. While they were napping, Daddy headed out to go to work for a little bit and then I straightened up the house a little. The girls got up at perfect timing because Jessica was on her way over with Cameron and Avery. They had a fun little play date, playing with all the toys. They even had snack together at the little table. It was cute. They still don't really play together that much yet, but you can tell they really like each other. Jessica and I got a chance to talk and also played with our girls. I had a fun time too. Avery wanted to take some toys with her when they were leaving, it was cute. We walked outside to wave bye bye and then we came back in and relaxed. I cooked dinner and we ate. Daddy came home after we ate and we all played a little bit and then it was time for their bath. After we got them dressed for bed, the girls were having fun playing and drinking their milk. Natalie was running and tripped over my foot and hit the ground hard. Her chin was bleeding, but not too bad. I was going to take her to the emergence room, but it was fine, so I didn't go. Natalie was fine too, she just wanted to finish drinking her milk. We tried to put a bandaid on her booboo, but she took it off right away. I put one on myself and I put one on Meagan and Daddy put one on his chin too, so Natalie let us put another one on, but wanted it off before bed. We took them to bed and said a prayer. We had a great weekend, with some little bumps in the road, but that is what happens when you have kids. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment