Saturday, January 5, 2013

Happy New Year 2013

Thrusday, Dec. 27th, we woke up early at Grammie's house and got packed up.  We told Grammie bye and then we met up with Celeste, Kelly, Terrell, Bryan, Cade, Hollan, and Grandad at IHOP to eat break fast and to give Grandad some of his presents.  We enjoyed visiting during our breakfast and then we all went over to Granny's house to visit with her, Carolyn, Mike and Chris.  Grandad had each grandchild open up one gift and he was going to give more this weekend.  We visited for a little while and then we told everyone goodbye, besides Terrell because she rode back with us to LaLa's house.  When we got back there, Daddy went to work and then I loaded up all the girls presents and packed them.  We visited with Terrell and LaLa for a little bit and then the girls and I left to go pick up some child tickets from Jessica for Santa's Wonderland.  Then I brought the girls home and unloaded everything.  It is going to take a while to go through everything.  Daddy and I agree that it is now time to look for a new house.  Daddy came home this evening and we just ate some dinner here at the house for the girls and Daddy picked up Layne's for us to eat!!
Friday, we hung out at home all day and I tried to get stuff done around the house, but it was really hard because the girls wanted to play.  I felt bad that I had to get so much done because I love playing with them.  It was also laundry day!!  This evening we did get to go out to eat at Cotton Patch with LaLa and Terrell before they went to see a movie.  That was a nice break from the house.  When we got home, I gave them a bath and Daddy came home.  We had a relaxing evening.
Saturday, we did things around the house and played with legos and other toys.  We also put the girls in the car and we drove around looking at houses.  We also ran a couple of errands.  Weather was still cold, so we couldn't do anything outside.
Sunday, I got the girls and Daddy up for Church and we went there at 10am.  It was a good service!  Then we were just starting to head to The Woodlands to visit with Terrell, LaLa, Celeste, Kelly, Hollan and Cade and Oma texted me that Opie fainted in church, so I was to upset to drive, so I let Daddy drive and I kept in touch with Oma on the drive and was upset the whole way.  I found out a little bit more and it sounded like he was going to be okay.  We stopped to get some food to go at Which Wich and then we got to Celeste's house. Kelly was the only one there at first, so the girls had fun playing with some of Hollan and Cade's toys.  Then LaLa, Terrell, Celeste, Cade and Hollan came back from shopping and we visited with them for a little bit and told them about my Opie.  I felt better just trying not to think about it.  I also got to talk to my mom and she made me feel better.  LaLa headed out and then we played with the kiddos and showed Celeste and Terrell plans to a house we liked.  Then Grandad came around 3:30 and he had some presents for the kids.  They were so excited.  They got some race cars and more princess items.  They even got a Cinderella doll and a Vtech Camera for kids.  That was nice of him to do!  We visited with him for just a little bit and then Daddy, the girls and I had to leave to get back home to unpack at home.  Then we drove to Santa's Wonderland to meet up with Eddie, Michelle, Tyler and Trevor.  We all had free tickets to get in, which was nice.  We decided to go ahead and ride the hayride first because we knew the line would probably get long.  The kids loved the hayride and seeing all the lights lite up.  After the hayride we walked around a little bit and then the kids and Daddy rode a train, while Eddie, Michelle and I waited and talked.  That is pretty much all we did there because it was too crowded to eat and stand by the fire, so we decided to head out.  We had a great time, which we always do with them.  Tyler is Natalie's boyfriend and Trevor is Meagan's and Meagan will tell you that to.  They have so much fun with those boys.  Natalie is still sick with a stuffy/runny nose.  We all walked back to the cars and said bye.  Then Daddy and I took the girls to eat dinner at TGI Fridays.  We had a good family time!  On the way to eat, I called Opa and talked to him about Opie a little bit and then I got to talk to Opie and he sounded himself, which made me feel so much better!!!  He will be getting a pacemaker put in on Wednesday, which should make him feel better.  After dinner we came home and got ready for bed.  * Something Natalie says right now is 'I Say'.  Example: I want you to read me a book right now, I say.  It is too funny!  She is also asking 'Why' a lot right now.  Natalie also says 'Mommy, Oh Mommy or Daddy Oh Daddy'.  * Meagan right now knows her numbers up to 60, so she has gotten really good with the clock and telling time (always asks what time is it??) and she can add a couple of numbers like 3 + 2 and 2 + 2, etc.  These girls are both so smart in their own ways, so cool to watch them learn!!  Natalie has always been into books, but now Meagan is getting into books more.






Monday, New Years Eve, I played with the girls at home and then I took the girls to the Children's Museum around 11 to meet up with Alicia, Olivia, Elizabeth and Andrew.  We made New Years hats and noise makers and the kids played with all the fun things.  Julie came and met us with her girls, Maegan, Saddie and Addison.  The channel 3 news came to film some of the happenings there.  Daddy even came to play for a little bit.  They had snacks and we watched a ball drop at noon, which Natalie stood right underneath the ball and she wouldn't move, goofy.  All of the kids played and then Daddy headed out to go to work for a little bit.  Marcy ended up coming with her kids, Katie and Brady.  So all the kids played some more.  At one point Natalie was a kitty cat and they were chasing her.  We left a little before 2pm and we picked up some lunch to eat at home.  Then I got ready for the wedding tonight and played toys with the girls.  Then we headed to LaLa's to visit with her a little.  We watched the news and Natalie, Daddy, Meagan, all our friends and I were on the news at the Children's Museum!!  The girls loved seeing themselves on the tv.  So funny!!  I took the girls to the church ceremony for Nikki's wedding and then went back to LaLa's to wait on Daddy to get done with work, so that we would go out to Nikki's reception.  We got to talk to Gus and Kourtney out there, which was nice.  We had some good BBQ and cake.  Natalie was so excited about the cupcake table!!  Meagan didn't want to watch the fireworks, so she was inside dancing, while I was outside with Natalie watching the big fireworks.  It was fun!  She was having a blast, even though it was cold.  We told Nikki and Matt bye and then we headed home around 10:45pm.  We got the girls ready for bed and had them stay up until midnight to give kisses for New Years.  It was so sweet, sweetest kisses ever!!  Natalie said she was tired, so we put them to bed.  She is starting to feel a little better, but Meagan is starting to get an ear ache.  Here is to a Wonderful New Year for 2013!!!
Tuesday, in the morning we just hung out at home playing and relaxing.  We then went to look at a couple of houses on the outside.  Then we drove to LaLa's and she was making New Years Dinner, cabbage, black eye peas and pork.  Yummy!!!  We ate a late lunch, but it sure was yummy!!  We cheered to a good year!!  Daddy went to work for a little bit and then Meagan was really complaining about her ear and head, so I went to pick her up some medicine.  We gave her some medicine and then she took a nap, but was still a little whiny, so I talked to my mom and had Meagan talk to her and then she felt better, got her mind off of it I guess.  We had a pleasant evening after that.  Daddy came and we followed each other back to our house.  The girls are sick for the New Year, hopefully healthy for the rest of the year!!
 
Wednesday, I was going to take the girls to visit Opie in Austin at the hospital, but since they were both sick we just stayed home.  I started taking down Christmas decorations and got that done.  Then we met up with JoAnna, Haven and Harrison at Chick-fil-a to eat and play.  We had a good time.  We stayed there for about two hours and then we came back home, and I finished cleaning a couple of things.  It was a good day for getting things done.  And played with the girls of course! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment