Thursday, April 24, 2014

Easter and Mommy and Daddy's Anniversary











Thursday, April 17th, I took the girls to school all ready for their Easter Party.  I left for just a little bit to come home and finish the blog.  Then I went back to their school for their Easter Egg Hunt and to enjoy the party with the girls.  It was a lot of fun to help and watch all the kids finding the eggs.  We took some pictures of the kiddos and then we went inside for the party.  The kids all got little bunny masks and we served the food.  It was fun!  After the party, I took the girls with me and we went to the girls dentist office because I had won an Easter basket by getting the closest guess to how many candies were in a jar.  I guessed 653 and the correct number was 652.  Not bad!  So we picked up the basket and I scheduled their next appointment as well.  Then we headed home and the girls and I went through all their Easter candy from school and we opened up the Easter basket I won.  It had a jump rope, Frozen, Play Dough, glow bracelets, food, a my little pony, zipper bracelets, a coloring book, some colors, a kite and bubbles.  Pretty cool!!  The girls loved it!!  Then we relaxed for a little bit and then it was time to get ready for our Softball game against the Lil Divas.  LaLa and Grandad came to watch them play.  Our team just wasn't themselves tonight.  Natalie got out at home and she was really sad about that, but I calmed her down and she went out to play in the field.  When it was her time to bat again, she freaked out and didn't want to do it, so we skipped her and told her she couldn't play the rest of the game.  Thank goodness LaLa was talking with her and explaining what happened and what was happening because I was not in the mood.  I was very upset.  It wasn't just the game, it has been other things lately like whining and always thinking she is sick.  She has been sweet Natalie to, just very frustrating lately.  When Natalie did bat the first inning, she hit the ball on coaches pitch really good and even scored in Meagan.  I just wish she would listen to us and she would know how good she was, her and Meagan both!!  Meagan got to play catcher first inning and she looked so cute!  We lost this game pretty bad, but that is okay, it is our first one to lose.  The score was 5 to 13.  After the game, we went to Cotton Patch to eat with Daddy, Grandad and LaLa.  LaLa gave the girl some Easter baskets with little gifts.  It had Easter Snow Globes, little beanie boos, candy and things to play with and color.  That was really sweet of her.  After dinner, we told LaLa and Grandad bye and then we all came home and got ready for bed.  It was a long day!
Friday, (Good Friday), we packed up the truck and loaded up the kiddos and all four of us headed toward Fredericksburg.  We made a couple of potty stops and food stops, so it took us a while to get to Oma and Opa's house.  When we were driving in, we saw Opie working in the fields.  Oma wasn't home yet, but Opa was there.  We got everything situated for him because he was going to take care of the girls the rest of the day until Oma got home later that night.  Daddy and I visited with Opa for a little bit and then it was time for us to leave.  We got our things into Opa's truck and we headed out to Wimberley to celebrate our eight year wedding anniversary.  Opa colored with the girls and watched TV.  They fed the calves together and visited with the goldfish.  He made them some mac and cheese for dinner.  They had a good time together and were really good for him.  Oma made it in around 10pm and they all went to sleep at the same time.  (Daddy and I made it to our bed and breakfast and walked around and looked at the view.  We got some pizzas to go and ate it at our b&b.  We had a hot tub to and enjoyed looking at all the stars and had great conversation).





Saturday, the girls just hung out with Oma and Opa and then got dressed to go to an Easter Egg Hunt at the Pioneer Museum.  They ran into Chelsy, Vance and Jacob, Tina, Shannon, Easton and Jackson there.  That was neat!!  The girls got to take a picture with the Easter Bunny there and with cousins.  Oma and Opa said they did great with the Easter Egg Hunt and that Natalie might be in the Standard paper because she stopped to eat the candy.  After the hunt, they stopped by to see Omie and visit and play.  Then they came to the house and dyed Easter Eggs with Oma.  She said they had a lot of fun doing that.  Sandra F. came over to the house in the afternoon and got to watch Natalie and Meagan play a little softball/t-ball with Opa.  Then that evening, Oma took Natalie and Meagan to Mr. Gatti's for dinner and to play some games.  They each won a ball with the crawl machine.  Then Oma took them to Wal-Mart to shop for a toy for each girl.  Natalie got an Ariel and Eric doll set and Meagan got a little tea set to leave at Oma and Opa's house.  They got home and ready for bed.  (Daddy and I ate breakfast on the porch of our b&b looking at the beautiful view.  Then we went into town and shopped for pottery for our anniversary present.  We ate lunch at Inzo's outside looking at the river.  Then we took a walk by the river and saw and talked to an artist from our town, Benjamin Knox.  That was pretty neat.  Then we came back to our b&b and walked a little bit and Daddy made a fire in the firepit outside.  It was fun looking for firewood.  We made smores and had peanut butter and jelly sandwiches for dinner.  We had such a good and relaxing time.)






Sunday, Easter, the Easter Bunny came to visit Natalie and Meagan at Oma and Opa's house this morning.  He had hid eggs around the yard and left some great presents.  Meagan got Babs the lamb Beanie Boo and Natalie got Carrots the bunny beanie boo.  They got kites, balls, coloring books, candy and little beanie boos.  Oma and Opa said they were excited!  Oma had to wake them up to go and look for the eggs.  They then had breakfast and got ready for church.  Daddy and I got up super early and we met up with Oma, Opa, Natalie, Meagan, Sandra, Janet, Cindy, Richard, Omie and Opie in church.  It was a good service and the girls did pretty good through the whole thing.  We talked a little bit after church with them, Tyler, Joyce and her family.  Then we went over to Omie and Opie's house to visit with everyone for just a little bit.  I got to see Omie's cast over her broken pinkie finger.  Poor Omie!  She was in good spirits about it though.  Good talking with them.  They had to get to lunch and we all had to drive out to Betty Ann's house for Easter lunch and to visit with family.  Most of the family showed up there, just missing a couple including Tara and Jason.  The girls, Daddy, Opa and I helped hide the eggs out in the yard.  Then we all sat to eat lunch and talked.  I brought along a pecan pie from Wimberley and it was yummy!!  After everyone ate, we did the little Easter Egg Hunt with the young cousins.  They had fun!  I love my family!!  It is always so good to see them!!  We visited some more while the kids played outside and then it was time to go.  What a good Easter!!  We went to Oma and Opa's house to pack up everything and talked to Oma and Opa a little bit.  We thanked them for watching the girls and then we headed out.  We stopped in Bastdrop to eat dinner at Chili's.  Then we headed on the road again.  We finally got home right before 9pm.  We unloaded and got them ready for bed.  Good and long day!


Monday, I straightened the house in the morning and then Marcia came over to clean and she brought her daughter with her to help.  They are both so nice!!  Then the girls and I picked up Chick-fil-a for lunch and we drove up to LaLa's house to eat.  Daddy met us there to eat to.  It was good to see him during the day!!  We told Daddy bye and then we drove to Whitehall to take some pictures in the bluebonnets and Indian paintbrushes.  There was a park nearby and the girls decided to try out the moneybars.  Meagan ended up doing them and I was caught by surprise.  She did it all the way across by herself a bunch of times.  Natalie did good to and made it to one extra bar, but she was a little scared to fall.  It was fun.  Natalie didn't even want to leave!!  They did seesaws to.  We left and we went to HEB to pick up a couple of things and then we came home and watched Monsters Inc.  Then I made some dinner and Daddy came home.  We all ate dinner together and talked.  Then Daddy took the girls to the park to play some softball with them on the tennis court, while I cleaned up dinner.  I was having allergy issues or else I would have gone with them.  They came back and then it was time to get ready for bed.
Tuesday, Mommy and Daddy's Anniversary, I took the girls to school and then I was still feeling congested and just wanted to relax, so I watched some TV and tried to take a nap.  Then I went to get the girls from school and they came to Target with me to buy presents for a birthday party and a baby shower gift.  We had to look at all the toys to! ;)  Then we came home and had snack and colored.  Then we went to softball practice (Daddy didn't come to this one, he had to go to a business expo).  The girls did really good and had fun!  We came home afterwards and I heated up a pizza and we all ate dinner.  Daddy ate when he got home and he played some games with the girls.
Wednesday, I got the girls ready for gymnastics and we went there and the girls did great.  I talked with Jenny, Joanna, Jill and Allison and Julie's mother in law a little bit.  Then we left to drive to Whataburger to grab some lunch for the park.  We met up with other twins and moms.  Kristi even came this time.  We had a good time!  We played out there for a good two hours.  After that we came home and I had a heart to heart talk with both girls about some actions they have had lately that are not good.  I talked about things that are good to, but we just needed to have that talk.  I helped Natalie dress her barbie dolls and I colored with both girls and then it was time to go to choir.  Natalie and Meagan both kept coming out of the classroom, finally had to make them stop.  They like going to choir because of Olivia, Elizabeth and Andrew, but I think they get bored sometimes.  It is still good for them to get this experience!!  We talked to them for a little bit and then we came home.  I started making some dinner and Daddy came home.  LaLa then came over to.  I fed the girls and LaLa ate with them.  Daddy and I left to pick up Subway and took it to the movie theater to eat.  We went to see 'Heaven Is For Real'.  It was a really good movie!  While we were out at the movie, LaLa played softball with the girls outside and would even tag them.  Then they came in and watched TV and played video games.  She gave them a bath and when they were done with that, we came home.  LaLa gave them hugs and headed out to her house.  Meagan was sad because LaLa had said she would read her some books, so she was crying.  We read her some books and she felt better.  Meagan went to sleep right away and Natalie, we could tell, is nervous about the softball game tomorrow, but she finally went to sleep.  Good times!

No comments:

Post a Comment